What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Window replacement - Safelite and GEICO are teh sux (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
Got a crack in my window about a month ago. Scheduled with my insurance company to come out to replace it. The other day and I noticed a bunch of water on my floorboards but I thought maybe I left the window down or something. Yesterday I checked and there’s more water inside my truck and I see it dripping down from the dash and in other areas and it dawns on me that it’s the windshield.

I notified Geico and Safelite and both of them are not taking this seriously in my opinion.

Do I have any recourse?

Oh and PSA - if you get a windshield replacement- most if not all insurance companies will not use a OEM windshield unless it’s a 2023 (brand new).

I would assume there is a warranty on the work of some sort. What does the warranty say?

Yes, I have a warranty inspection scheduled….. for next Thursday!!! (and it’s supposed to rain tomorrow).

They said they will fix the leak and check for damage. The thing is- they are a glass replacement company. They’re not qualified to do anything else.

I have water leaking out of my fuse box and instrument panel. The floor is soaked and it’s been like this for probably a week. (Mold starts to grow between 48-72 hours.)

I only use this truck for HD visits and stuff like that. It’s a 2017 with <28k miles and it’s paid off.

I’m trying my best not to get irate but it seems the only way to get anybody's attention these days is to go nuclear.

Yes, I have a warranty inspection scheduled….. for next Thursday!!! (and it’s supposed to rain tomorrow).

They said they will fix the leak and check for damage. The thing is- they are a glass replacement company. They’re not qualified to do anything else.

I have water leaking out of my fuse box and instrument panel. The floor is soaked and it’s been like this for probably a week. (Mold starts to grow between 48-72 hours.)

I only use this truck for HD visits and stuff like that. It’s a 2017 with <28k miles and it’s paid off.

I’m trying my best not to get irate but it seems the only way to get anybody's attention these days is to go nuclear.
I had a windshield replaced over 30 years ago and it started leaking. I have no idea how soon after the install because we never got rain so it might have leaked from the get go but was never tested (washing the car didn't cause leaks).

Background: It was very frustrating and it ended up being the windshield gasket as it was re-used when it was replaced. The windshield was broken by a golf ball from a golf course (I was going down the freeway at 70 mph and the ball hit and spidered the entire windshield.....almost crapped my pants). I went to the course not expecting much and they agreed to pay for it if I got three estimates. Of course they chose the cheapest one and evidentally that mattered. What a pain in the ***.

Customer service and strangers respecting one another has gone by the wayside, fewer and fewer complaints are resolved cordially.

It’s not that as much as the total incompetence and general lack of care at all. People can’t be bothered to do their job.

Safelite was fine with me but I did notice that Geico considers it a claim. This will affect you if you decide to change insurance companies.

My deductible was equal to the cost of a new windshield so I don't bother with insurance
Next time Im just going to pay out of pocket for an OEM one.
I had a windshield replaced about a year ago. IIRC, safelite said if I want the OEM one I would just need to pay the difference (Insurance covered the non-OEM one). I don't remember which one I chose, but Safelite broke a plastic piece (rain sensor cover) and it took them months and several attempts to get it corrected. I kept having to call them to get any updates, to get anything done, etc. I am 100% sure they would have completely blown me off if I hadn't kept calling for updates every few weeks. Terrible experience.

Counterpoint: I had a GREAT experience with Safelite in Nashville many years ago. Easy, peasy, came to my office and zero problems. Maybe they've gone downhill, or maybe specific locations are better than others. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread