What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XVIII Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

And DAMN proud of it. We should have each champ sign it then pass it along to the next. It'll be our stanley cup.
The gold Members Only jacket has always been the vision for that. Patches for each champ.
That's commish like vision.

START 'er UP
Ok. I can do it again if no one else is interested.

Unless there are major objections, we'll go with the Federal League/Decades theme and have a target start date of Jan. 6.

And DAMN proud of it. We should have each champ sign it then pass it along to the next. It'll be our stanley cup.
The gold Members Only jacket has always been the vision for that. Patches for each champ.

START 'er UP

Unless there are major objections, we'll go with the Federal League/Decades theme and have a target start date of Jan. 6.
:thumbup:

START 'er UP

Assuming folks are fine with the juiced years, works for me. What decade do we begin, 1900?

START 'er UP

Assuming folks are fine with the juiced years, works for me. What decade do we begin, 1900?
If people want to discuss banning Ruth/Bonds/etc... that's fine by me. Just need to talk it out between now and the 6th.

As far as starting decade, I assume it'd either be 1890-2000 or 1900-2010. That's also up for debate I guess, since there are quite a few 1890s pitchers that would change the way this thing plays out.

I vote 1890s because we haven't had a lot of sims from that era. :shrug:

Edit: and keep the juicers. My favorite year as a baseball fan was 1998 with the McGwire and Sosa chase. Just because they used steroids doesn't make me forget. It happened, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever is fine with me. I also say, since we sometimes have trouble getting a commish we start doing whoever has the worst record commishes the following season.

Whatever is fine with me. I also say, since we sometimes have trouble getting a commish we start doing whoever has the worst record commishes the following season.
Do we really want Sammy to be commish in every one of these things?
:lol:

I wish I could commish one of these things, but I dont get up til 3pm some days. Working nights puts me on the wrong schedule for these things.
Luck for you, we're hiring a co-commish in charge of nighttime operations.

Is this what we're rolling with?

2 1890s

2 1900s

2 1910s

2 1920s

2 1930s

2 1940s

2 1950s

2 1960s

2 1970s

2 1980s

2 1990s

2 2000- present

1 Federal Leaguer

START 'er UP

:stonedbanana:

I'm OK with the format but there's no point in starting draft until January IMO.
We need you to tell us who should be removed from the draft pool from the 1890s. Who do you remember being good back then?

I have slight interest.

Just starting up season 2 of my hardball dynasty team, btw. Pretty cool, but not sure it's worth the price.

Can always slow draft and have clock start on the 6th if we get 24 and roll them bones.
I don't see why that couldn't work. Traditionally the first round doesn't have a clock anyway. We'll probably have a tough time getting 24 to check with all the travel/off-work days that are sure to be ahead, but let's go for it.

Who's gonna work on the likely suspects to fill this out? Spartys not been in the thread, who else?

Users who are viewing this thread