What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Witherspoon (1 Viewer)

Weiner Dog

Footballguy
Rams | Team intends for Witherspoon to play middle linebacker

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:52:15 -0800

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports the St. Louis Rams plan to have LB Will Witherspoon play middle linebacker. Witherspoon has played the middle before with the Carolina Panthers due to injury situations with Panthers LB Dan Morgan.

:thumbdown:

nfl.com lists him at 231 lbs. How many mlb's are that light?
Donnie Edwards, Mike Peterson, Jonathan Vilma, Lofa Tatupu, Nick Barnett, Shelton Quarles and Lemar Marshall.I do agree, however, that Witherspoon does not strike me as a MLB.

As long as he plays in the middle or weak-side I don't care. But with my depth he is not even starting for now.

Starters:

Vilma

Tatupu

Marshall

Andra Davis

Reserves:

Will Witherspoon

Channing Crowder

Barrett Rudd

Brian Simmons.

Now tell me who has a better lb core?

As long as he plays in the middle or weak-side I don't care. But with my depth he is not even starting for now.

Starters:

Vilma

Tatupu

Marshall

Andra Davis

Reserves:

Will Witherspoon

Channing Crowder

Barrett Rudd

Brian Simmons.

:confused:

Starters:

Vilma

Tatupu

Marshall

Andra Davis

Reserves:

Will Witherspoon

Channing Crowder

Barrett Rudd

Brian Simmons.

if witherspoon ends up in the middle (not set in concrete depending on draft), he could end up as your second or third best LB... think of mike peterson, when he went from IND WLB to JAX MLB... he has that kind of talent & similar athleticism & skill set...

As long as he plays in the middle or weak-side I don't care.  But with my depth he is not even starting for now.

Starters:

Vilma

Tatupu

Marshall

Andra Davis

Reserves:

Will Witherspoon

Channing Crowder

Barrett Rudd

Brian Simmons.

if witherspoon ends up in the middle (not set in concrete depending on draft), he could end up as your second or third best LB... think of mike peterson, when he went from IND WLB to JAX MLB... he has that kind of talent & similar athleticism & skill set...
I will agree on the talent and all. The difference in the Rams don't have the tackles that the Jaguars do, that will make a big difference in what Witherspoon is able to do. I think at best he will be a solid LB2, depending on league size.

Users who are viewing this thread