What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wk 1: What Have We Learned? (1 Viewer)

just_want_2_win

Footballguy
What have learned during week 1?

• Watch out for players on very bad teams, talented or not. Cecil Shorts may not stay this bad but what a scary way to start.
  • Adrian Petersen is on his own planet. Other high round 1 RBs were disappointing this week (Richardson, Martin, Charles).
  • EJ Manuel and T. Pryor have value!

• Watch out for players on very bad teams, talented or not. Cecil Shorts may not stay this bad but what a scary way to start.
  • Adrian Petersen is on his own planet. Other high round 1 RBs were disappointing this week (Richardson, Martin, Charles).
And Spiller

Vereen - Could be SOD if he gets the opportunity. Ridley in the doghouse today might have opened BB's eyes.

Bush/Bell - Could both be productive. Bush looked unreal today, nearly had 3 td's. Bell is the pounder.

BJGE - Stick a fork in him.

DWill - Looked good against a good Hawks D.

NO's backfield - little value outside of Sproles. Ingram will not get going this year, as some projected.

Carolina's front 7 looks like the real deal

Oakland might not be the worst team in the league

Sudfield is not in the Hernandez role

Vareen is the RB to own in NE

How was Charles a disappointment this week? 16 carries, 77 yards 1 TD and 3 receptions 23 yards and he went out of the game more or less at the half. From what I understand he's fine and if he needed to come back he could have. Obviously it was a rout against JAC so he didn't have to. But I'd say he was anything but a disappointment. 16 carries and 3 receptions in a half of work is well above what a lot of us expected from him. If he played the full game he could have easily had another 5 carries and 4-5 receptions. We also saw that he was used on the goal line work which is important to note. Besides Peterson and maybe even Reggie Bush I'd say he's the RB you want to own basing things off Week 1.

Lamar Miller isn't going to live up to the hype. That offensive line is horrible and he was awful with his 0.3 ypc on 10 carries.

If Amendola can stay healthy for 16 games he may break the single season reception record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles was disappointing? LOL. Dude missed the bulk of a quarter and KC so dominating so no need to really use him after the first half. 100 yards and a TD is very disappointing....lol

AP had no room to run today actually. Broke off the first run for a big one, but did basically nothing after that. Let's not go all "other planet" yet.Bush looked unreal today.

Also, Charles was having a good day until he got hurt.

Charles was disappointing? LOL. Dude missed the bulk of a quarter and KC so dominating so no need to really use him after the first half. 100 yards and a TD is very disappointing....lol
Yeah, I remember a time when a 100 yard TD game was considered what you wanted out of your first round pick week to week. Funny, not sure when that changed lol.

Also yeah, getting a little ahead of yourself on Peterson. He had a 78 yard run where there was a whole the size of Kansas. Then went 17 for 15 for the rest of the game... that's actually completely terrible. He had a huge fantasy game obviously with 3 TDs but lets not ignore the fact that he had zero room to run after that monster TD.

Regret drafting Spiller.

Regret drafting Bowe.

Regret drafting Lamar Miller.

Regret not drafting Reggie Bush.

Regret not drafting Peyton in the 4th round.

Glad didn't draft CJ2Yardspercarry.

Glad didn't draft Ridley.

Glad didn't draft Wallace.

How was Charles a disappointment this week? 16 carries, 77 yards 1 TD and 3 receptions 23 yards and he went out of the game more or less at the half. From what I understand he's fine and if he needed to come back he could have. Obviously it was a rout against JAC so he didn't have to. But I'd say he was anything but a disappointment. 16 carries and 3 receptions in a half of work is well above what a lot of us expected from him. If he played the full game he could have easily had another 5 carries and 4-5 receptions. We also saw that he was used on the goal line work which is important to note. Besides Peterson and maybe even Reggie Bush I'd say he's the RB you want to own basing things off Week 1.

Lamar Miller isn't going to live up to the hype. That offensive line is horrible and he was awful with his 0.3 ypc on 10 carries.

If Amendola can stay healthy for 16 games he may break the single season reception record.
Sure, JC's stats were great for the time he put in but FF scoring isn't pro rated...his owners didn't draft him top 5 for those numbers, whether he sat early or not.

Sure, JC's stats were great for the time he put in but FF scoring isn't pro rated...his owners didn't draft him top 5 for those numbers, whether he sat early or not.
:confused:

If he puts up 1600/16, I'll be ecstatic.

AP had no room to run today actually. Broke off the first run for a big one, but did basically nothing after that. Let's not go all "other planet" yet.Bush looked unreal today.

FF scoring doesn't throw out the one big play and only count the rest. AP will get his. And I'm sure his owners -- at least this week -- didn't feel regret for drafting him #1.

The real RB value this week was in guys like Bush and Vereen, who weren't first rounders generally (esp. the latter).

Everyone's and experts predictions suck big time.

They all thought Bucs would beat the Jets easily too....lol

One thing that won't change is me playing the highest scorer every week.

Charles is the 5th ranked RB so far this week, and I am in no way disappointed with him, although I hope he is not injured. I do not expect KC to be running away with too many games.

FF scoring doesn't throw out the one big play and only count the rest. AP will get his. And I'm sure his owners -- at least this week -- didn't feel regret for drafting him #1.

The real RB value this week was in guys like Bush and Vereen, who weren't first rounders generally (esp. the latter).
Yeah. Still not confident with starting Vereen

I would look to deal Luck after his high point performance. Anyone that watched that game can't feel comfortable Luck making a huge leap this year behind that line.

Luck was sensational -- go watch that Dwayne Allen TD. The Indy O-line was getting destroyed by the Raiders. JMO The Colts (and Luck) won't be so lucky vs. superior opposition.

Regret drafting Spiller- just wait until freddie goes down

Regret drafting Bowe.- agree, really hope he turns it around.

Regret drafting Lamar Miller. - I regret this too... doesn't look to be majorly in the plans in miami and even if he is 0.6YPC is not good.

Regret not drafting Reggie Bush.- Drafted him, love it... but still worried about injury

Regret not drafting Peyton in the 4th round.- Drafted him, love it.

Glad didn't draft CJ2Yardspercarry.- Don't understand this one. I mean the lack of receptions sucks, but 60 yards on the ground vs a really good pitt run d?? I'm happy with 60 yards on his 'slow weeks' where he doesn't bust one.

Glad didn't draft Ridley.- yep

Glad didn't draft Wallace.- yep

Colin Kaepernick is really, really good.
:thumbup:

Convinced it wasn't Crabtree, it was Kaepernick, who really likes his #1, and forces the ball to him every available chance.

And I wish I'd pulled more triggers on Boldin due to that. :/

F'ing hindsight.

You're right... he's only on pace for 1600 total yards and 16 Tds. Pretty sure that'd be a Top 5 finish... I certainly drafted him for that kind of season not sure about everyone else. But if you're disappointed with that type of production there's something wrong with your expectations. Plus, news is he's fine he actually went to the locker room because he fell on his head and they wanted to give him a concussion test. If we're talking about RBs that were drafted Top 5 that I'd be worried about it'd be Doug Martin, CJ Spiller and Trent Richardson. The Bucs looked terrible and Martin had almost no running lanes all game. Fred Jackson was used a LOT more than anticipated and out shined Spiller and the Browns also looked just flat out awful. But Charles? I'm very happy with Charles production this week considering it was in 2 quarters of play... can't wait to see what he's able to do in a full game in this offense.

Miami Dolphins:

OLine: D-...really should receive an F. No holes open to run thru, poor pass protection, J.Martin at LT was being pushed into THill all game. I think you need to be realistic abou this as it impacts the skill position players.

Lamar Miller: F...doesn't even seem to factor into the passing game, that's disappointing.

Daniel Thomas: D...he score sthe plunge but outside of that he was useless.

Mike Wallace: F...THill had no time to wait for him to get open. Wallace also dropped a terrible one on an 11 yd out pattern that showed more to me than him not getting wide open much on Haden. $12M a year we are paying this guy, that's $750k a game or $750k for 1 reception today, about $75,000 a yd for his work today.

Brian Hartline: A...what else needs to be said? 9/115/TD, looked good doing it. It's coming together for him.

Brandon Gibson: C-...still drops passes.

Charles Clay: B-...he was solid, might be a flex in TE heavy leagues where you get 1.5-2PPR.

Drafting starting RBs this year was stupid. Should've grabbed WRs/QB early & waited on backup RBs given all the starters who are losing snaps/touches (Rice, Gore) or getting benched due to fumbling (Ridley, Lacey).

kaepernick will take it to another level, hasn't even started the equivalent of 3/4 of a season, still getting better, scratching surface of his potential... he is throwing with touch and deep accuracy...

boldin has 10 receptions and the second half just started...

cook looking as good as advertised or better... maybe best bet to lead rams in receiving... realistic shot to take a run at 1,000 yards...

I didn't estimate Boldin to do this well with the loss of Crabtree.
He knows how to get open and he always fights for the ball. He was a gift to Flacco and the Ravens were idiots to let him go. We will see how "elite" Flacco is without his safety blanket. Kaep is now the beneficiary and he will look better because of Boldin.

OLB justin houston will be among the league leaders in sacks (3 today, not a fluke, an ascendant player)

ILB kiko alonso looks like a keeper

FS eric reid might be the rookie safety with the most complete looking game i've seen since eric berry's rookie year...

DE dion jordan had a sack today despite missing a lot of time in the preseason... he seems destined to be a star...

CB charles tillman (and bookend tim jennings) began 2013 right where they left off in 2012...

Users who are viewing this thread