What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifying (1 Viewer)

Some key games on today - 9/2

US @ El Salvador - 10:05 PM EDT kickoff
Canada vs. Honduras
Mexico vs. Jamaica

Hungary vs. England
Italy vs. Bulgaria
Sweden vs. Spain  (Euro 2020 group stage rematch - hopefully a better match this time around)

Chile vs. Brazil
Peru vs. Uruguay

Please post England lineup when you see it

https://twitter.com/England/status/1433479229837127682?s=20

Pickford

Walker              Stones              Maguire            Shaw

Rice                        Philips

Sterling                       Graelish                          Mount

Kane

ETA - I'm guessing at the formation - he may play Mount more centrally and Graelish out wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4th Concacaf match today is Panama vs. Cost Rica - unless a disaster happens we won't be competing with those 2 sides for the final spot but let's root for a draw just in case.  I think the Ticos are slipping and too old.

Denmark moves to 4-0 in their group after their win yesterday.  They are for real.

France tied Bosnia-Herzegovina yesterday 1-1. 

And, some UEFA games on ESPN+ this afternoon including Italy, England, Belgium, and Spain/Sweden.

Sweden has gone up 2-1 at home against Spain.

Ignore the below - I was looking at a live table.  They would be up 2 pt.s with a game in hand.  Still would put them in the drivers seat but Spain could recover.

===================

If Sweden hang on here they take control of the group.  Up by 5 pts. with a game in hand.  I don't know what the format is for 2nd place teams but Spain could be in trouble.

Ignore the below - I was looking at a live table.  They would be up 2 pt.s with a game in hand.  Still would put them in the drivers seat but Spain could recover.

===================

If Sweden hang on here they take control of the group.  Up by 5 pts. with a game in hand.  I don't know what the format is for 2nd place teams but Spain could be in trouble.

10 groups; all 10 first place group finishers are in.  Second place teams + 2 of the third place teams fight for the remaining 3 spots.

(I think)

Catching the highlights of Ronaldo - missed PK and then two great headers late to save Portugal against Ireland.

I had not seen the possible red card against Ronaldo.  When he set the ball down to take the PK, O’Shea from Ireland kicked the ball away while the ref was arguing with other players.  Ronaldo took a halfhearted swipe at him and slapped his should.  O’Shea went down grabbing his head.  ESPN FC group was split on whether it’s a red.  To me it’s ridiculous - if anything I could see two yellows for O’Shea - one for kicking the ball and one for simulation.  Get that crap out of the game.

Najar is getting a work out tonight for Honduras at RB.  Every time he looks up, Davies is running at him isolated in a one on one.

DVR'd the USA game to watch the SD Univision version of the Mexico-Jamaica match.  Mexico had a chance to score on a header and the guy was just wiped out from an underneath cut by the defender.  No call, lol. Thirty minutes in, and this may be the dirtiest/diviest game I have ever seen in my sports history life. Someone will be carted off at some point, no doubt  Wow!  

Where is the Brazil Argentina madness being shown?
Gabriele Marcotti

@Marcotti

· 5m

ICYMI. Brazil v Argentina is wild. Game stopped after 10 mins bc a bunch of health officials and cops came on to pitch and, according to commentator, are detaining the 4 PL based Argentina players (Martinez, Buendia, Romero and Lo Celso) for not quarantining.

Gabriele Marcotti

@Marcotti

· 5m

ICYMI. Brazil v Argentina is wild. Game stopped after 10 mins bc a bunch of health officials and cops came on to pitch and, according to commentator, are detaining the 4 PL based Argentina players (Martinez, Buendia, Romero and Lo Celso) for not quarantining.
thi ish is 🍌🍌🍌

Am I understanding it right that Brazil had 9 players unavailable due to the same rules that led to the 4 Argentines being pulled off the field?  Because that makes it seem kind of reasonable.

Am I understanding it right that Brazil had 9 players unavailable due to the same rules that led to the 4 Argentines being pulled off the field?  Because that seems kind of reasonable.
 Not sure - its a sore subject with Spurs fans.

But, many of the PL clubs did not allow players to travel to SA because they have to quarantine for 10 days after leaving South America.  Spurs and Villa did allow their players to travel:  Romero, Lo Celso, Emi Martinez, Emi Buendia.

Spurs also allowed Sanchez to play for Colombia.

So, I don't know if Brazil are upset their players were not permitted to travel, or if there were rules that prohibited travel from England to Brazil.

James Tyler @JamesTylerESPN · 2m

Argentina have been there for a couple of days before the game. But the authorities decided to wait until kickoff to make their move.

Am I understanding it right that Brazil had 9 players unavailable due to the same rules that led to the 4 Argentines being pulled off the field?  Because that makes it seem kind of reasonable.
I don't know the back story but it seems to me this should have been handled before the game started in what ever they decided.  This is a complete and utter cluster #### to do when the game has already started.  I think 3 of the 4 players in question started the game for Argie. 

James Tyler @JamesTylerESPN · 2m

Argentina have been there for a couple of days before the game. But the authorities decided to wait until kickoff to make their move.
I was going to say this just screams let’s call off the match since your guys are here and ours aren’t. 

Users who are viewing this thread