What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst food ever? (1 Viewer)

xulf

Footballguy
My vote is the water chestnut.  Terrible texture and absolutely worthless ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has to be gefilte fish in a landslide.  Looks terrible, smells terrible.  I mean, why?
I grew up a floor above a Lithuanian lady who made a batch of either gefilte fish or pickled herring every week. To this day, those smells are caked in my schnozz

Liver.  I'm sure there are worse things out there but I've never had to eat them.  Liver was an occasional meal for us as a kid an absolutely hated it and mom's policy was you don't like what's for dinner too bad.
I have despised liver in every form but one all of my life. I would douse it in ketchup when I was a kid, which horrified my parents and relatives - but I guess they figured that was the only way I'd each that crap, so they let me do it.

Liverwurst, however, I will eat the hell out of ?

Sea urchin.
I have eaten all sorts of sushi including some dish where they flash fry a live shrimp's head while leaving the rest alive, but sea urchin is the worst.

Grilled small intestine (Gopchang-gui) at a Korean barbecue place is the most disgusting thing I've ever tried to eat.

My issue is more with canned tuna rather than a tuna steak. Ground tuna mush in a can is revolting!

Liver.  I'm sure there are worse things out there but I've never had to eat them.  Liver was an occasional meal for us as a kid an absolutely hated it and mom's policy was you don't like what's for dinner too bad.

Liver is the one food I simply can't eat. I've tried it multiple times and I can't do it. I look at liver and onions and think I can do it and then one bite and I can't understand anyone that eats it.
Wife has a story from growing up about her mother making a liver and onions dish in a crock pot. When it finished, she opened it, took a look at it (and smelled it) and they went out for pizza. :X

I have eaten all sorts of sushi including some dish where they flash fry a live shrimp's head while leaving the rest alive, but sea urchin is the worst.

Grilled small intestine (Gopchang-gui) at a Korean barbecue place is the most disgusting thing I've ever tried to eat.
Ah, most disgusting I've tried to eat but ultimately didn't was a century egg.

I love the fact that I can count the foods I don't like on one hand.  

Goat cheese, olives, mustard, horseradish

I'm not sure if Hot Pockets count as food (or, as Jim Gaffigan would say, "Diarrhea pockets!"), but they are in that lower quadrant by both taste and health.  I can forgive some terrible tasting food if it at least has something redeeming health component.

Lima beans. 
My parents tell me that when i was 3/4 I would request lima beans for dessert over ice cream/cookies.  I still like them, but it is a rarity to eat them (and especially not over real dessert items). 

I almost always get liver when I see it on a menu because so few places have it and I'm the rare weirdo who loves it.  My wife thinks I'm disgusting when I order it.

Users who are viewing this thread