What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst NFL uniforms.... (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
About 14 months ago, we did the BEST uniforms in football.

In the AFC, the Steelers edged the Chargers and Raiders.

In the NFC, the Packers barely edged the Eagles and Bucs when the voting closed.

I think most people agree that these Charger duds are the best uniforms ever.

I had been meaning to follow up with a worst uniforms thread, but I forgot about it until I saw the post about the Vikings changing uniforms. I don't want to make this a poll. Just throw out your choices for WORST current uniform, and WORST all-time uniform. Support your argument with pics if possible.

I'll go first.

Worst current uniform.

Worst uniform ever... 1960-61 Denver Broncos. Mustard uniforms with vertical stripes on the socks. :X

Couldnt find a good pic...but I cant stand the Ravens black-on-black with purple trime....my vote for the worst current uni.

As for all time...anything youve ever seen in CLE gets my vote.

The Cleveland Browns are the worst...

If anybody can explain why a team named the "Brown"s has an orange helmet, I'll buy you a beer.

There was a funny article in USA Today Sports weekly a few weeks ago and they ripped the RAIDERS unis.

They said the Raiders need to update their (Johnny Quest) Eyepatched Race Bannon helmet logo.

I never even saw the connection until I read that... pretty rich.

Anybody interested in their top five / worst five? I can try digging up the article...

In the NFC, the Packers barely edged the Eagles and Bucs when the voting closed.

I had been meaning to follow up with a worst uniforms thread, but I forgot about it until I saw the post about the Vikings changing uniforms. I don't want to make this a poll. Just throw out your choices for WORST current uniform, and WORST all-time uniform. Support your argument with pics if possible.

I'll go first.

Worst current uniform.

Worst uniform ever... 1960-61 Denver Broncos. Mustard uniforms with vertical stripes on the socks. :X
Your worst is my best. Now what?

I'll go first.

Worst current uniform.

I guess we can't be friends.

I had been meaning to follow up with a worst uniforms thread, but I forgot about it until I saw the post about the Vikings changing uniforms.  I don't want to make this a poll.  Just throw out your choices for WORST current uniform, and WORST all-time uniform.  Support your argument with pics if possible.

I'll go first.

Worst current uniform.

Worst uniform ever...  1960-61 Denver Broncos.  Mustard uniforms with vertical stripes on the socks.  :X
Oh, that'll be ok with me.Tampa Bay has the worst uniforms right now. All time? Broncos Elway days or Cleveland anyday.

I'll go first.

Worst current uniform.

Oh, that'll be ok with me.Tampa Bay has the worst uniforms right now. All time? Broncos Elway days or Cleveland anyday.
Speaking of Tampa Bay, Cappy obviously hasn't checked this thread yet, because he always nominates THIS as the worst uniform ever.

Speaking of Tampa Bay, Cappy obviously hasn't checked this thread yet, because he always nominates THIS as the worst uniform ever.

I'm sure there's other horrible unis, but can there really be any worse than THAT??

All that's missing is that FG kicker chasing the ball in the wrong direction and whiffing when he tries to kick it.....

I think the Eagles look ridiculous when they wear black. So do the Ravens. The color schemes make no sense; they're just trying to hop on the "black uniforms are cool" bandwagon. :thumbdown:

Worst current uniform is the Cincinnati Bengals. Seriously, those tiger stripes are ridiculous.

Come to think of it, I'll say today's Bengals uniforms are easily the worst ever. Just embarrasssing. :thumbdown:

current unis that I don't like:

Seahawks, Texans, Ravens, and Broncos

Out of all of those I guess I'd have to go with seahawks, followed very closely by the broncos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst current uniform is the Cincinnati Bengals. Seriously, those tiger stripes are ridiculous.

Come to think of it, I'll say today's Bengals uniforms are easily the worst ever. Just embarrasssing. :thumbdown:
You're right. I can't believe I forgot about those monstrosities. Let's just hope someone paid with his life for those uniforms.

Seattle's colors aren't bad (I think I'll be in the minority there) and the helmet is cool but the dark pants and dark jersey has got to go. Have they ever worn their blue jerseys with white pants? I think that would look better. Same goes for the cardinals. Red on red? Ugh! The Bengals' idea for thwir helmet is unique but they overdid it by using it on both their jerseys and pants.

As for third jerseys, I actually liked the Bears' orange ones. Nice change of pace.

The worst unis are the Lions.

The blue jerseys, long blue socks and grey pants.

What a way to spend Thanksgiving...

I really like those new Cardinal jerseys, but I agree the pants combo red/red sucks. The Charger powder blue rocks and has to be #1. Second are those Dolphin orange jerseys they break out every once in a while.

Can someone please explain the nearly universal fascination with the Chargers powder blues? Is it the color that everyone loves? I just don't get it.

I think the Cowboys have the best uniform. The logo is clean and crisp, and their overall uniform has a classic clean look to it. Worst uniform has to go to the Bengals (way too A.D.D. for my tastes) and the Titans - blue on blue is horrid. I miss the old Oiler columbia blue.

Can someone please explain the nearly universal fascination with the Chargers powder blues? Is it the color that everyone loves? I just don't get it.
I think quite a bit of us are tired of gansta' blue (almost black blue...ie like the Texans blue), black, and dark overall themes marketed to the kids.

Not sure if it can be explained. It's just a damn pretty jersey.Saw authentic Brees & LT throwbacks in a sports shop in a large outlet when I was in Vegas in January. Almost broke down and bought the L.T. one, but in my mind I couldn't justify the $280 price tag. I suppose I'll grab one on eBay someday.

Speaking of Tampa Bay...

I'm sure there's other horrible unis, but can there really be any worse than THAT??

All that's missing is that FG kicker chasing the ball in the wrong direction and whiffing when he tries to kick it.....
:lmao: The klutzy kicker in question in that clip would be one Neil O'Donoghue. He also single-handedly blew a Monday Night game against the Giants in 1983 (when he played for the St. Louis Cardinals) by missing 3 FGs, including two in the final minute of OT.

Worst Current unis? The Washington Redskins maroon and mustard! J/K!

The browns have had and still have the worst. Crap brown and florecent orange? Are you kidding me?

I like the SD powder blues, but take the awful black numbers off the helmet. As much as I do liek them in theory, I think they are kinda soft. I mean how mean can you be in "powder blue"?

Can someone please explain the nearly universal fascination with the Chargers powder blues?  Is it the color that everyone loves?  I just don't get it.
Not sure if it can be explained. It's just a damn pretty jersey.Saw authentic Brees & LT throwbacks in a sports shop in a large outlet when I was in Vegas in January. Almost broke down and bought the L.T. one, but in my mind I couldn't justify the $280 price tag. I suppose I'll grab one on eBay someday.
A pretty jersey? Is that what this is about to you? I don't like pretty in football. And those Seahawks uni's you picked as the worst...I like them best...not pretty, just dark and cool.

Seattle's colors aren't bad (I think I'll be in the minority there) and the helmet is cool but the dark pants and dark jersey has got to go. Have they ever worn their blue jerseys with white pants? I think that would look better. Same goes for the cardinals. Red on red? Ugh! The Bengals' idea for thwir helmet is unique but they overdid it by using it on both their jerseys and pants.

As for third jerseys, I actually liked the Bears' orange ones. Nice change of pace.
Seattle wore the dark jerseys with white pants in the beginning. The dark on dark is really a more modern look. The dark on white is so 20th century.

Same goes for the cardinals. Red on red? Ugh!
I've always liked the Cardinal's previous uniforms from a classic standpoint.
The Bengals' idea for their helmet is unique but they overdid it by using it on both their jerseys and pants.
I like the helmet.........just not the uniform overkill.
I don't get it either :X

Aren't you a Raiders fan? Why would you want to sport a rival's jersey? :confused:

Best jersey, ever.
Thanks... but I already understand that people love it. What I want to know is, why?One guy said it's because it's nice to see a light-colored uniform, as opposed to all the trendy dark uniforms that have been coming out lately. That's a reasonable explanation, but is that the reason everyone loves them so much? Or do you guys just like baby blue?

Can someone please explain the nearly universal fascination with the Chargers powder blues?  Is it the color that everyone loves?  I just don't get it.
Best jersey, ever.
Thanks... but I already understand that people love it. What I want to know is, why?One guy said it's because it's nice to see a light-colored uniform, as opposed to all the trendy dark uniforms that have been coming out lately. That's a reasonable explanation, but is that the reason everyone loves them so much? Or do you guys just like baby blue?
Lemmings...

I also agree that the current Seattle ones are the worst.

What makes it even more awful is that their previous ones were one of the best ever.

Tampa Bay has the worst uniforms right now.
:lmao: please. All-time? Easily the orange (even though I love them in that part of the family way).Seattle is the easy winner right now. During the Super Bowl, at least 5 people at our party commented on how bad those things were. One person said the NFL shouldn't even allow them to wear those. :lmao:

I had been meaning to follow up with a worst uniforms thread, but I forgot about it until I saw the post about the Vikings changing uniforms.  I don't want to make this a poll.  Just throw out your choices for WORST current uniform, and WORST all-time uniform.  Support your argument with pics if possible.

I'll go first.

Worst current uniform.

Worst uniform ever...  1960-61 Denver Broncos.  Mustard uniforms with vertical stripes on the socks.  :X
:thumbup: I still love the 'new' uniforms. Can you believe this will be the 10th year they've had those?

Tampa Bay has the worst uniforms right now. 
:lmao: please. All-time? Easily the orange (even though I love them in that part of the family way).Seattle is the easy winner right now. During the Super Bowl, at least 5 people at our party commented on how bad those things were. One person said the NFL shouldn't even allow them to wear those. :lmao:
I liked the old TB orange ones so that shows you my taste. They were so swashbuckling. :thumbup:

The browns have had and still have the worst. Crap brown and florecent orange? Are you kidding me?
Depends what color scheme they are using. The Browns don't use this combination very often, but it makes for one of the BEST uniforms in the league when they do.

Aren't you a Raiders fan? Why would you want to sport a rival's jersey? :confused:
This post should go along way to answering that question.Those are some pics of my basement. That doesn't even include several authentic jerseys (of lots of teams besides the Raiders) that I have in my closet.

In summary, I am a NFL fan first and a Raiders fan second.

:thumbup:

THESE Giants unis are pretty horrible. They look like high school uniforms.

I also cant stand the Vikings unis, and as bad as the Hawk's unis are, theyre much better than the OLDER ones.

:X

Users who are viewing this thread