What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Officiating Call of the Weekend (1 Viewer)

What was the single worst officiating call thru the weekend's first 3 games?

• Offensive Pass Interference call on Farris (WAS-SEA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defensive Pass Interference call on Samuel (NE-DEN)

• Non-call of illegal motion during DEN FG (NE-DEN)

• Challenge rejected on fumble by Champ Bailey (NE-DEN)

• No penalty despite both teams moving on 4th-1(PIT-IND)

• Polamalu INT overturned on challenge (PIT-IND)

• Kwitchyerbellyachin', it'll all even out

• Smoo

• Other (Please list play and game)

• Total voters

JaxBill

Footballguy
Well???This seems to have been the worst weekend for officiating in the playoffs that I can remember.(And my team didn't make the playoffs.)

The 4th down no call is the worst officiating I think I have ever seen.Second place goes to the offensive pass interference on Moss in the WAS-SEA game that should have been a defensive PI call on Lofa.Third place goes to the Polamalu INT.The Champ non-reversal shouldn't even be on here. It was a righteous use of replay -- there was no defnitiive visual proof that went against the call on the field, so the call on the field stood.

The Champ non-reversal shouldn't even be on here. It was a righteous use of replay -- there was no defnitiive visual proof that went against the call on the field, so the call on the field stood.
When I saw it live, I thought it should have been a touchback, but I understand not overturning the call on the field. I just included it since it was one of the controversial calls this weekend.

The Champ non-reversal shouldn't even be on here. It was a righteous use of replay -- there was no defnitiive visual proof that went against the call on the field, so the call on the field stood.
When I saw it live, I thought it should have been a touchback, but I understand not overturning the call on the field. I just included it since it was one of the controversial calls this weekend.
Oh, I dig why you included it. I'll just be sad if it gets any votes.

The 4th down no call is the worst officiating I think I have ever seen.

Second place goes to the offensive pass interference on Moss in the WAS-SEA game that should have been a defensive PI call on Lofa.

Third place goes to the Polamalu INT.

Agreed. Here's what I put in the thread devoted to that call:
Here's a great picture of the fumble: http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/medi...ronxphotos3.jpg

Edit: Remember, too- the ball is BEYOND the pylon in that picture, rather than just going out of bounds. That means it went out of bounds a little bit to the left of where it was right at that moment.

I vote too close to overturn via replay. Remember, too, that the ref who ruled it out at the 1 had a much better view than any of the camera angles.
I wanted to vote the Polamalu INT, but I suspect the official understands the rulebook better than I do. I'm going to have a hard time knocking NFL officials once they have the benefit of review, since they RARELY screw up a call with 2 minutes and several video angles.I voted the Lelie PI call. I think there was some pass interference, but I think it was both offensive AND defensive, and it was pretty tacky. Either don't call it, or call offsetting penalties. And if you DO call it, don't call it in the end zone when it was clearly around the 5 yard line.

For the record, I'm a Denver fan.

I think the non-call on Randle El has to rank right up there. He was tackled and the refs looked the other way. Those refs shouldn't get another playoff game for at leasta decade.

Well???

This seems to have been the worst weekend for officiating in the playoffs that I can remember.

(And my team didn't make the playoffs.)
I think last weekend was worse, but it sure as hell didn't get fixed this weekend.Here's my thoughts on these calls

Troy, sorry you're a victim of the rule phrasing. Refs got the right call on a poorly defined rule

The OPI was OPI. Not much, but if it were a defender doing it to a WR he'd be crying PI all the way home. Clear cut OPI. He pushed Lofa off the ball. Even if you don't think it was OPI, it sure as hell wasn't DPI.

Champs fumble although logic dictates it's impossible for the ball not to have gone in the endzone, there was no angle to prove it.

But how do you miss a guard flinching when 3 defenders jumped and pointed. At least they didn't call it for the Steelers. Minimize the bleeding. That ties with the non-call on Randel El.

There were a couple of illegal contacts called when a WR juked one way and ran right through the defender, one was against SEA (can't remember the other). Both were clearly incidental contact and the ref should've kept the flag in his belt.

Bottom line though, 2 weeks in a row of terrible officiating. It's GOTTA get better for the conference games.

The 4th down no call is the worst officiating I think I have ever seen.

Second place goes to the offensive pass interference on Moss in the WAS-SEA game that should have been a defensive PI call on Lofa.

Third place goes to the Polamalu INT.

C'mon. At best it's a non call. Watch it again, before the endzone contact, and you'll clearly see Moss pushing off. At full speed on the first look it looked offensive but watch it again and you'll se it's not. Good job by the refs.

I think the non-call on Randle El has to rank right up there. He was tackled and the refs looked the other way. Those refs shouldn't get another playoff game for at leasta decade.
:goodposting: Worst call I have ever seen in football. BY FAR. The Flyin Hawaiin Catches the ball, both knees are down, his BUTT is down (Thats a football move people) Got up and fumbled the ball, and recovered it himself. There is no rule or REF in the NFL that should of called it ANY different.

Seriously those ref's should be demoted, sent back to school whatever. It will go into the archives as a top 3 HORRIBLE call of all time.

The reffing int eh play-off games have been HORRENDOUS. Something has to be done, time to make the officials FULLTIME. They get paid like it.

I hated the Polamalu INT call. If he had stayed on the ground it would have been an INT, but since he made a football move by getting up and his knee hit the ball loose it was incomplete. Rule doesn't make any sense and I wanted the Colts to win.

C'mon. At best it's a non call. Watch it again, before the endzone contact, and you'll clearly see Moss pushing off. At full speed on the first look it looked offensive but watch it again and you'll se it's not. Good job by the refs.
I could accept both O and D PI before a non-call. I think there was not a push-off and that Lofa interfered with Moss's ability to catch without making a play on the ball. I understand that Moss's arm is there, but I see no actual push.I say this as a Dolphins fan who rode Alexander in as many leagues as I possibly could.

I hated the Polamalu INT call. If he had stayed on the ground it would have been an INT, but since he made a football move by getting up and his knee hit the ball loose it was incomplete. Rule doesn't make any sense and I wanted the Colts to win.
A Knee is as good as two feet... as long as you are in possession. and he was.Complete and utter blown call by the refs... It is uncontestable.

I cringe to think who is going to ref the "BIG GAME"

Not allowed to say S word.

Drew Carter was just blatantly interfered with as well and, after the NE game last night, of course there was no call. Also, I liked the "no call" on the offsides/false start in the IND/PIT game. Clearly the defense made contact, so if the refs rule there was no false start (which, of course, there was but it'd be moot after the ref's inital call), then isn't it logically that Indy was offsides?Worst officiating in a long time. I don't remember these terrible of calls in the regular season.

Drew Carter was just blatantly interfered with as well and, after the NE game last night, of course there was no call.

Also, I liked the "no call" on the offsides/false start in the IND/PIT game. Clearly the defense made contact, so if the refs rule there was no false start (which, of course, there was but it'd be moot after the ref's inital call), then isn't it logically that Indy was offsides?

Worst officiating in a long time. I don't remember these terrible of calls in the regular season.
Yes, which includes the Polamalu Int/overturn and the mugging of Randel EL/No call. The refs wanted Indy to win, as did everyone else in the media.

I voted for the 4th and 1 call2nd would be Troy int.3rd no call on Randle El getting tackled 4th Ferris getting a pass interfernce. I'm a Skins fan. And that would of given us a 1st and goal from the 4.

Drew Carter was just blatantly interfered with as well and, after the NE game last night, of course there was no call.

Also, I liked the "no call" on the offsides/false start in the IND/PIT game. Clearly the defense made contact, so if the refs rule there was no false start (which, of course, there was but it'd be moot after the ref's inital call), then isn't it logically that Indy was offsides?

Worst officiating in a long time. I don't remember these terrible of calls in the regular season.
Yes, which includes the Polamalu Int/overturn and the mugging of Randel EL/No call. The refs wanted Indy to win, as did everyone else in the media.
Right, I was just trying to point out the less obvious calls. Like I said, awful officiating all around.

Users who are viewing this thread