What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you redo? (1 Viewer)

Select an option, read below

• Reverse the trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work something else out

• Screw it, he accepted

• Other

• Total voters

-OZ-

Footballguy
In one league I have both Eli Manning and Carson Palmer - I should be set at QB here (I expect Palmer to be back in 06). So I shopped Palmer and one team accepted, the trade is Palmer for the 1.03 rookie pick in a 15 player keeper league. I got an email not long after he accepted saying he made a mistake, but is willing to let it go, simply asking me to reverse - "be a nice guy...". I think I probably will, but I'm curious as to what the consensus opinion here is. FWIW, his team needs work, a few older WRs, Priest, Favre, and that's about it. I don't see many trades that could be worked here.

I got an email not long after he accepted saying he made a mistake, but is willing to let it go, simply asking me to reverse - "be a nice guy...".
Time between noticing mistake and alerting you is key.If it genuinely seemed like he accepted by accident and at the next reasonable time when he noticed that the trade went through he alerted you, I'd reverse it.

The bolded part above is what should swing your decision - not the injury in the timeline.

I got an email not long after he accepted saying he made a mistake, but is willing to let it go, simply asking me to reverse - "be a nice guy...".
Time between noticing mistake and alerting you is key.If it genuinely seemed like he accepted by accident and at the next reasonable time when he noticed that the trade went through he alerted you, I'd reverse it.

The bolded part above is what should swing your decision - not the injury in the timeline.
Good point Marc, and that's why I'm leaning towards it. I wanted to see if there was anything else we could work out, but I doubt there is. FWIW, I don't think this trade is a bad one for him or one that I really need anyway. (If that would matter).FWIW, the offer was made after the injury, although I've been shopping Palmer for awhile.

FWIW, I just made the "redo" offer.He did offer Priest, 2nd and 4th... not to make this into an AC thread, but does that sound like a legit trade?

FWIW, I just made the "redo" offer.

He did offer Priest, 2nd and 4th... not to make this into an AC thread, but does that sound like a legit trade?
For Palmer? Yeah - esp. considering I am much less optimistic about him being able to return before November next year.

You didnt say how many teams. If its 12..IMO Palmer is worth more than a 1.03. He is top 3 at his position.Injury or not he has more value to your team than a rookie pick.

Good point Marc, and that's why I'm leaning towards it. I wanted to see if there was anything else we could work out, but I doubt there is. FWIW, I don't think this trade is a bad one for him or one that I really need anyway. (If that would matter).FWIW, the offer was made after the injury, although I've been shopping Palmer for awhile.
Yeah, tough situation but... if you believe it was a mistake you should just go back to square one and not make it appear like you're using his mistake to get a bargain. Frankly, I don't have value qualms with the trade from either side. If you wait until a few "recovery is right on schedule" reports then to me Palmer is unquestionably as valuable as wherever Young/Leinart are being drafted... say 1.4-1.5. Trading 1.3 for Palmer is not a bad move if you believe in modern medicine. If the guy just got cold feet and his acceptance wasn't 100% snafu, you may still get into the ball park for 1.3 with a couple glowing updates.

If anyone cares, we reworked a deal:Palmer, Andrew Walter for Priest, Moose, 2nd, 4th He has K Collins, I could use a proven WR.

I look at trades this way: I'm in it for the long run (15 years in my league).Better to make a fair trade now than to be hardnosed or screw someone and then almost no one wants to trade with you the next few years. The situation you described sounds like a reasonable one - congrats on making the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread