What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wow (1 Viewer)

Awesome video clip. Thanks for posting it. :thumbup: That kid must have put crisco all over his jersey. I cannot believe some of those moves he had and his ability to break or get out of some of those tackles. Unreal.

My nephew is 19 months old and showed great breakaway speed and elusiveness today when running from my sister when it was time for a diaper change. Could my nephew be the next Barry Sanders?

My nephew is 19 months old and showed great breakaway speed and elusiveness today when running from my sister when it was time for a diaper change. Could my nephew be the next Barry Sanders?
:rotflmao:~Does he run upright when he breaks a run? That could limit him in 3rd & 1 and goaline situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
:rotflmao:~Does he run upright when he breaks a run? That could limit him in 3rd & 1 and goaline situations.
He's the next Eric Dickerson.

My nephew is 19 months old and showed great breakaway speed and elusiveness today when running from my sister when it was time for a diaper change.  Could my nephew be the next Barry Sanders?
from the look of it, this kid isnt gonna see 3rd and 1 (edit: that much) for quite a few years..A man among boys out there..

His spin moves = sick.Notice how decent that O-line was. Alot of screens and sweeps.

1. That music selection was interesting2. It totally ruined the highlight clip when they cut away as soon as hes about to be tackled in every clip....its makes it look as if they're hiding his weaknesses, which they obviously try to do in highlight clips but don't make it that obvious....just seemed kinda cheesy to me.

Noel Devine article

Off the Bench: Wanting to see more of Devine

By DANA OPPEDISANO, Sports Editor

October 6, 2004

I've got a feeling North Fort Myers head football coach James Iandoli could continue to have this problem.

His star running back, Noel Devine, had just capped a two-game stretch, eight days apart, where he ran for 460 yards on 13 carries and scored nine touchdowns.

Stop doing the math. That's 35 yards a carry.

I really considered leading my game story with the first time Devine was tackled — after an 84-yard kickoff return and nearly 100 yards rushing against Estero — with just under five minutes left in the first half. The sophomore was dropped by Gabe Moushref for a one-yard loss and ran on the next play for a six-yard gain before he was done for the night.

Four carries; a kickoff return; maybe a dozen plays from scrimmage; take a seat, kid, you're done — with 21/2 quarters to play.

After the 63-7 win, Iandoli faced the questions.

Why'd you take him out?

How's he feel about practically not playing for two weeks?

How do you know this kid is a pound-it, workhorse-type if he only gets seven touches a game?

Estero coach Bill Swats said he was impressed, but he's also not calling Canton to hold a spot for the kid just yet, either.

"I'm not just a Noel coach, I'm the North Fort Myers coach," Iandoli said. "I have 50 kids. There are going to be games where we need him to stay in, but for now, Noel's healthy, we won, I'm going to leave it at that."

From the faces in the stands, forced to watch James Felix and Bobby Desmornes carry the Knights' running game, to the television camera guys who showed up in the second quarter having already missed the money shot for the 11 o'clock package — why'd you take him out?

No offense to Felix and Desmornes, they both looked solid, but think about it — you show up in the stadium talking about a kid who ran for 358 yards last week, and then he takes his first three touches 84, 54 and 43 yards past the defense? That's "you gotta be kiddin' me," urban legend-type stuff.

People wanted to see more. They wanted to see 358 and beyond. Heck, from his body language as he sat on the bench by himself, the kid himself wanted to know why he wasn't still playing football.

You know what, though? His coach made the right choice.

"It's bewildering," Iandoli said of the past two weeks. "I'm just going to say, Noel's Noel. There are going to be teams that will challenge us, and we've got to be able to sub people. It's not just Noel out there."

The Knights are 3-1, tied with Fort Myers for first place in 4A-12, and you don't think Iandoli is thinking about that rival game in two weeks? His team won by 56 points, and how do you think other coaches — Swats included — would look at Iandoli's program if he left Devine in there to chew up the record books?

What if the kid got hurt? Seriously or otherwise? How do you explain your star tailback missing the rest of the season because you had him go off-tackle with a 49-point lead? You can't, but what you can do, at 3-1 with one of the area's premier running backs healthy and at practice every day, is gear up for your run at the state playoffs.

It may not have been popular, but his program still made headlines. Iandoli made the right decision, whether his fans, Devine himself, or the journalists waiting to see history liked it or not.

Kids a Soph Runnin Back from Ft. Myers in southwest Florida. He plays in the toughest conference in Florida. His 6 minute highlight tape is unreal and he is already drawing comparisons to Barry Sanders. Hes only 5-7 170 lbs too. He ran for 1,092 yds (9 ypc) as a Fr. RB last year. This year he had a game where he had 9 carries for 358 yds and 6 TDs. He also hails from the same high school as Deion Sanders and Jevon Kearse.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&cli...all&btnG=Search

Rivals has absolutely nothing on this kid, that I could find.Is he in High School? :confused:edit: never mind

i love the one clip where i counted 10 white jerseys within tackling range just seemingly run away from the play.can't wait to see him play at FSU :brush:

Awesome video clip. Thanks for posting it. :thumbup: That kid must have put crisco all over his jersey. I cannot believe some of those moves he had and his ability to break or get out of some of those tackles. Unreal.
powerful and very fast, not bad blocking either..who is he and where is he going to college?

i love the one clip where i counted 10 white jerseys within tackling range just seemingly run away from the play.can't wait to see him play at FSU :brush:
Somehow I think that he won't make it out of the state of florida for college, that's for sure. He'll be the bell of the ball for Miami, FSU, and UF in recruiting.

Only problem is that we don't know if this kid is peaking right now or not. Could end being that this kid will be ready for the scrap heap on draft day. :popcorn:

Did my best to come up with some devils advocate comments...but watching the whole clip I couldn't.First I thought he may be just a burner with great breakaway due to all the sweep reels. Then he bust a few counters and started to put the stutter step and spin move.Great talent. What a name to go along with it.2 more years until college...hopefully he can keep his head on straight and the media/us won't make him into the next LeBron.

His team is 3-1? It would be interesting to know a little bit about who beat them and what the kid did in that game.Only 15 years old, 5'7" & 170 pounds....If he grows a few inches and adds about 30 - 40 pounds without losing his speed and quickness, he's got some serious potential.

Did my best to come up with some devils advocate comments...but watching the whole clip I couldn't.
Same here. I havnt seen many High School superstars, but he sure seems like one. The only potential negative I could come up with was poor tackling, that wont happen in college.However, I really like his balance and vision. It looks like all the physical attributes will be there and his burst was very nice. I cant quite tell if he is 'fast' or not, but he didnt look slow.JAA

My nephew is 19 months old and showed great breakaway speed and elusiveness today when running from my sister when it was time for a diaper change.  Could my nephew be the next Barry Sanders?
:rotflmao: So could his older brother stealing touches..

The kid reminds me alot of Darren Sproles. Sproles looks a little quicker, but this guy has some speed. When Sproles was playing pop warner football, they had to make a rule that required that you had to run between tackles and couldn't run outside because he wouldn't get touched. Well when he ran between tackles, he was still rarely touched.

Article about the team that beat them.

Red Knights, Devine kept in checkFrederick scores 3 TDs for CharlotteBy David Dorseyddorsey@news-press.comPublished by news-press.com on October 9, 2004While containing one of the area's best running backs, the Charlotte High School football team also enjoyed the emergence of an inexperienced but now invaluable wide receiver.Rafeek Frederick, a Charlotte junior who played a full game for the first time since Pop Warner action three years ago, caught six passes for 97 yards and three touchdowns Friday night, leading the Tarpons to a 28-6 victory against North Fort Myers.The victory capped an exciting day for the Tarpons, who appeared on national television during the afternoon on the "Jane Pauley Show" in a segment taped earlier in the week that centered around the new Billy Bob Thornton movie, "Friday Night Lights."With Charlotte junior receiver Lance Francis out with an injury, Frederick emerged as senior quarterback Wayne Campbell's new top target."Lance talked me into coming back," Frederick said. "That was the first full game I got to play. I was kind of nervous when I came out here."Playing at Port Charlotte High, a school the Tarpons share with the Pirates until Charlotte High can be reconstructed following Hurricane Charley, the Charlotte defense limited North Fort Myers sophomore running back Noel Devine to 43 yards on 10 carries.Devine had a tough night, fumbling on his first carry, an 11-yard run. He also was intercepted while throwing a pass, and he had a 52-yard touchdown run called back because of a penalty. He did not score."We wanted to try and keep him off the field," said Charlotte coach Binky Waldrop, whose team improved to 3-2. North fell to 3-2 after the non-district matchup.The Charlotte offense prevented Devine from touching the ball all but once during the entire first quarter. That's because the Tarpons used the first 10 minutes and 47 seconds of the game to drive 80 yards on 19 plays, which included three fourth-down conversions. Campbell capped the drive with a 2-yard dive into the end zone for a 7-0 lead.Devine fumbled on his first carry, which led to Frederick's first touchdown, a 9-yard catch with 2.4 seconds remaining in the first quarter.North senior Jeremiah Tucker then fumbled both the ensuing kickoff and, four plays later, his punt-return attempt. Tucker's second turnover led to another touchdown catch by Frederick on Charlotte's next drive."I misjudged it," Tucker said of his second fumble, which, like the first, was recovered by Charlotte junior Philip Duwe. Charlotte junior Diron Nelson also recovered a fumble. "I need to work on that next week."Tucker did, however, score his team's only points, on a 65-yard kickoff return, after which the Red Knights trailed 21-6 with 6:13 remaining in the third quarter."There's a difference between cocky and confident," North coach James Iandoli said. "And we just got fish-fried."Iandoli described his players as too cocky upon arriving at Port Charlotte."We had a good practices, but our last Thursday practice did not go well," Iandoli said. "They kicked our butts, bottom line."Campbell, who completed 7-of-16 passes for 125 yards and three touchdowns, credited his offensive line and the defense for containing Devine. Junior fullback Eddie Bertinelli rushed for 112 yards on 27 carries."Noel Devine is a great running back," Campbell said. "But our defense held him tonight."

If I had a loaded diaper strapped to my behind, I know I'd have that upright running style. :bag:

ONe thing that stood out is that many high school defenders look like they're picking daisies. There's one shot in there where a safety could have blown him up and he just stands there. Love that spin move.

Article about the team that beat them.

Red Knights, Devine kept in checkFrederick scores 3 TDs for CharlotteBy David Dorseyddorsey@news-press.comPublished by news-press.com on October 9, 2004While containing one of the area's best running backs, the Charlotte High School football team also enjoyed the emergence of an inexperienced but now invaluable wide receiver.Rafeek Frederick, a Charlotte junior who played a full game for the first time since Pop Warner action three years ago, caught six passes for 97 yards and three touchdowns Friday night, leading the Tarpons to a 28-6 victory against North Fort Myers.The victory capped an exciting day for the Tarpons, who appeared on national television during the afternoon on the "Jane Pauley Show" in a segment taped earlier in the week that centered around the new Billy Bob Thornton movie, "Friday Night Lights."With Charlotte junior receiver Lance Francis out with an injury, Frederick emerged as senior quarterback Wayne Campbell's new top target."Lance talked me into coming back," Frederick said. "That was the first full game I got to play. I was kind of nervous when I came out here."Playing at Port Charlotte High, a school the Tarpons share with the Pirates until Charlotte High can be reconstructed following Hurricane Charley, the Charlotte defense limited North Fort Myers sophomore running back Noel Devine to 43 yards on 10 carries.Devine had a tough night, fumbling on his first carry, an 11-yard run. He also was intercepted while throwing a pass, and he had a 52-yard touchdown run called back because of a penalty. He did not score."We wanted to try and keep him off the field," said Charlotte coach Binky Waldrop, whose team improved to 3-2. North fell to 3-2 after the non-district matchup.The Charlotte offense prevented Devine from touching the ball all but once during the entire first quarter. That's because the Tarpons used the first 10 minutes and 47 seconds of the game to drive 80 yards on 19 plays, which included three fourth-down conversions. Campbell capped the drive with a 2-yard dive into the end zone for a 7-0 lead.Devine fumbled on his first carry, which led to Frederick's first touchdown, a 9-yard catch with 2.4 seconds remaining in the first quarter.North senior Jeremiah Tucker then fumbled both the ensuing kickoff and, four plays later, his punt-return attempt. Tucker's second turnover led to another touchdown catch by Frederick on Charlotte's next drive."I misjudged it," Tucker said of his second fumble, which, like the first, was recovered by Charlotte junior Philip Duwe. Charlotte junior Diron Nelson also recovered a fumble. "I need to work on that next week."Tucker did, however, score his team's only points, on a 65-yard kickoff return, after which the Red Knights trailed 21-6 with 6:13 remaining in the third quarter."There's a difference between cocky and confident," North coach James Iandoli said. "And we just got fish-fried."Iandoli described his players as too cocky upon arriving at Port Charlotte."We had a good practices, but our last Thursday practice did not go well," Iandoli said. "They kicked our butts, bottom line."Campbell, who completed 7-of-16 passes for 125 yards and three touchdowns, credited his offensive line and the defense for containing Devine. Junior fullback Eddie Bertinelli rushed for 112 yards on 27 carries."Noel Devine is a great running back," Campbell said. "But our defense held him tonight."
article says North fell to 3-2 . . .???? Did they lose another game as well? At any rate, this kid looks like a real gem. It will be fun to track his career.

Russell Ball! Hes the next coming of Warrick Dunn. He commited to FSU already and the kid has some shifty moves. If you can view the clips on rivals (probably got to be a member to view them) check him out.

If you take out his long runs, hes not that good.
so true... :thumbup:People need to realize if you take out all his runs for 20 or more you're left with a few runs of short yardage gains each game. That is more indicative of his future running ability than anything else.

A guy on my high school team was better -- Damone Boone. He ran for like 500 yards in one game. He went to Maryland and dissappeared. He wasn't too bright.

Users who are viewing this thread