What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (2 Viewers)

The problem is not press coverage. The problem is him not catching balls that hit him right in the hands. Half the people in this thread would have caught more of Cooper's targets if only due to dumb luck. 

Anyone think he bounces back this week, or have the stones to put him in over Emannual Sanders or would that just be silly?

Have to start him this week, man this is going to suck. Maybe at some point other teams will move their top CB to Crabtree since he has outperformed for almost 2 years now? Maybe longer.

I'm pretty sure he's ready to be dropped in redraft. 

Not seeing any progression in his play and Carr keeps trying feed it to him. 

It's hard to justify keeping him on ur bench and missing out on potential waiver wire gems. 

At this point I'll probably rather have Corey Davis than him

Anyone think he bounces back this week, or have the stones to put him in over Emannual Sanders or would that just be silly?
I'm starting him. Don't have much of a choice, but I'm seeing this as glass half full this week. Reasons:

* Has a decent track record against KC including a 13 target, 10 catch game last year.

* Did have 5 receptions (albeit for 28 lousy yards) last week. Two big gainers (31,19) negated by penalty. Bad luck.

* KC pass D isn't that good. And Cooper should run 2/3s of his routes AWAY from M. Peters.

* Game is at home and Carr is another week healthier.

* OAK better be motivated here in this spot or their season is going to slip away.

Really hoping for 10+ points in PPR (6-42-0...?...is that too much to ask?) with upside for that blowup game we know is coming and we don't want to miss.

Also hoping they mix things up. Maybe hurry up. No huddle. Get more of J. Richard involved vs. sluggard Lynch.

I'm starting him. Don't have much of a choice, but I'm seeing this as glass half full this week. Reasons:

* Has a decent track record against KC including a 13 target, 10 catch game last year.

* Did have 5 receptions (albeit for 28 lousy yards) last week. Two big gainers (31,19) negated by penalty. Bad luck.

* KC pass D isn't that good. And Cooper should run 2/3s of his routes AWAY from M. Peters.

* OAK better be motivated here in this spot or their season is going to slip away.

Really hoping for 10+ points in PPR (6-42-0...?...is that too much to ask?) with upside for that blowup game we know is coming and we don't want to miss.

Also hoping they mix things up. Maybe hurry up. No huddle. Get more of J. Richard involved vs. sluggard Lynch.
I hope so man. Right now he has me starting Greg kittle over him in my flex 

I needed this, thanks. Picked up Marqise Lee but really don’t want to do it. 

Good post. Confirms what I thought that Downing and Black Jack aren't adjusting the playbook to create more opportunities for Cooper and the entire offense. Downing so far has been a huge downgrade, which has put this team back 5 years. 
I still don't understand why they are running him on drag routes, he did well off them v the titans. I have not see the last 2 games though

Starting him out of necessity and lack of options due to bye week blues. Who knows--maybe the lottery hits. Being a TNF game, odds are very long.

I still don't understand why they are running him on drag routes, he did well off them v the titans. I have not see the last 2 games though
They should have moved him to the slot by now just to shake things up. Or at least to prevent him from always getting jammed at the line.

Or put Patterson wide and use Amari on somebody motion plays or fake end arounds with Patterson in to give Cooper the time to separate with a double move.

Or dammit just do something different instead of running the same plays with same personnel.

Bitter over a lost season so far for both Coop and the Raiders.

They should have moved him to the slot by now just to shake things up. Or at least to prevent him from always getting jammed at the line.

Or put Patterson wide and use Amari on somebody motion plays or fake end arounds with Patterson in to give Cooper the time to separate with a double move.

Or dammit just do something different instead of running the same plays with same personnel.

Bitter over a lost season so far for both Coop and the Raiders.
I agree with you that Patterson should touch the ball more. 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
I forgot about the change in OC. This team was fun to watch last year, and before this season I was thinking they'd work in Patterson, Cook & Richard. I haven't watched nearly as much Raiders as last year but from what I've seen this offense has been pretty boring. Lynch seems to clog up the game flow and there's little in the way of creativity, except for maybe the occasional sight of Patterson in the backfield.

>>But anyone can look at the statistics, and the numbers have taken a dive from a cliff into a ravine with Downing in charge.

The Raiders have gone from No. 6 in total offense to No. 30. Six games without a single 100-yard rushing game, 100-yard receiving game or 300-yard passing game. Four straight games with less than 300 yards in total offense. That’s happened only four times since Al Davis took over the Raiders in 1963.<<

- The Mercury News.

>>But anyone can look at the statistics, and the numbers have taken a dive from a cliff into a ravine with Downing in charge.

The Raiders have gone from No. 6 in total offense to No. 30. Six games without a single 100-yard rushing game, 100-yard receiving game or 300-yard passing game. Four straight games with less than 300 yards in total offense. That’s happened only four times since Al Davis took over the Raiders in 1963.<<

- The Mercury News.
I see some coaching changes in Oakland at the end of the season.  Too much young talent for this team to be this bad.  The O is so conservative that it is just boring.  I do not know how else to put it.  Not sure why the Raiders have not tried to change things up.  That proves that the coaches are in over their heads. 

I forgot about the change in OC. This team was fun to watch last year, and before this season I was thinking they'd work in Patterson, Cook & Richard. I haven't watched nearly as much Raiders as last year but from what I've seen this offense has been pretty boring. Lynch seems to clog up the game flow and there's little in the way of creativity, except for maybe the occasional sight of Patterson in the backfield.
Agree

Watch the Raiders a lot because they are on the local broadcasts.  So vanilla and predictable this year compared to last.  Lynch was supposed to add an additional element to the offense, but seems he has contributed to the predictability.  YPC less than Murray last year, and not as good in the passing game, so he does kind of clog things up.  Richard and Washington have not contributed like last year.  Between them, they had 160 carries and averaged 5.7 YPC.  Extremely effective COP combination.  This year, only 50 carries between Richard, Washington and Patterson so far in 6 games.  I know Washington has been dinged up, but Richard has barely been used.  Seems they got away from something that was a key part of their offense last year. 

Hope they can get it going tonight.  If they drop this one, season pretty much over as far as playoffs.

Thinking of offering Ameer Abdullah for him in a 12 team, PPR redraft.  Don't know if I can pull the trigger even though Ameer is my #7 RB.

The frustrating part about that is I traded Adam Thielen to acquire Ameer after Bradford got hurt.

Thinking of offering Ameer Abdullah for him in a 12 team, PPR redraft.  Don't know if I can pull the trigger even though Ameer is my #7 RB.

The frustrating part about that is I traded Adam Thielen to acquire Ameer after Bradford got hurt.
Oof.  I tried to drop Abullah in waivers last night.  I would take my chances with Cooper and I do not think much of him. 

Oof.  I tried to drop Abullah in waivers last night.  I would take my chances with Cooper and I do not think much of him. 
Nah you can't outright drop a guy who gets 17 touches/game, has at least one O-lineman getting healthy after the bye and the expectation of a pro-bowl LT coming back hopefully within a month.

I think you are looking at it though Raider eyes.  Also the guy with Coop has Marshawn, Ellington, Forte and Lacy as his RBs.  I think he would take that deal in a heartbeat, just not sure if I want to offer it for Amari.

Nah you can't outright drop a guy who gets 17 touches/game, has at least one O-lineman getting healthy after the bye and the expectation of a pro-bowl LT coming back hopefully within a month.

I think you are looking at it though Raider eyes.  Also the guy with Coop has Marshawn, Ellington, Forte and Lacy as his RBs.  I think he would take that deal in a heartbeat, just not sure if I want to offer it for Amari.
I tried to drop AA for Darkwa and ADP but I agree with your first point.  Your second point is incorrect.  I learned to separate FF and my Raiders many years ago.  I didn't draft any Raiders this year.   My reasoning for Cooper:

1.  Cooper was pretty good for 1.5 seasons. 

2.  The Raiders cannot run the ball. 

3.  The Raiders D is average at best.  The Raiders must score points to win. 

4.  The Raiders are not going to blow anyone out all season and will be forced to throw the ball.  Cooper will get targets.  Who else is Carr going to target?  Cook?  Roberts?  It cannot be all Crabs. 

Just as you pointed out that AA gets carries (between the 20s), Cooper is going to get targets.  It is a roll of the dice that he will learn how to catch again but sometimes you must roll the dice. 

I tried to drop AA for Darkwa and ADP but I agree with your first point.  Your second point is incorrect.  I learned to separate FF and my Raiders many years ago.  I didn't draft any Raiders this year.   My reasoning for Cooper:

1.  Cooper was pretty good for 1.5 seasons. 

2.  The Raiders cannot run the ball. 

3.  The Raiders D is average at best.  The Raiders must score points to win. 

4.  The Raiders are not going to blow anyone out all season and will be forced to throw the ball.  Cooper will get targets.  Who else is Carr going to target?  Cook?  Roberts?  It cannot be all Crabs. 

Just as you pointed out that AA gets carries (between the 20s), Cooper is going to get targets.  It is a roll of the dice that he will learn how to catch again but sometimes you must roll the dice. 
No one hopes that Cooper turns it around more than I do.  But six games, 39 targets, 18 catches, 146 yards (8.1 YPC) and 1 TD.  That is a big body of work for this season already.

Personally I am not sure Del Rio is the guy to turn this team around (admittedly I have never been a big fan of him as a coach) and think it is possible they simply stay the same. Maybe eke out six wins?  I want to believe but my eyes suggest belief may not be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Network sideline reporting after speaking with O coordinator:

* Going to move him around to get him more involved.

* More time in slot.

* Keep away from Peters.

Also mentioned more hurry up.

Let's see if they follow through.

Benched him the past two weeks, and put him in last minute over Desean Jackson.  Good start!

Two FBG's had him over Jackson (barely), and one had Jackson ahead (barely).  Figured why not!

Users who are viewing this thread