What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Charlie Jones - Cin Bengals (1 Viewer)

Sam Quentin

Footballguy
12-152-1 vs Penn St

9 -133-3 vs Indiana

11-188-1 vs Syracuse

He came into the week 4th in CFB in receiving yds

Stats are popping off of the page

Last edited:
Russell Brown @RussNFLDraft

Nice open field block from Payne Durham (Purdue TE 87) as it allows Charlie Jones (Purdue WR 15) to get by one defender and then quickly get upfield for more yardage. Jones is fun!

Russell Brown @RussNFLDraft

I'm not sure where Charlie Jones (Purdue WR) gets drafted but he's definitely getting drafted. I think he makes some money at the @seniorbowl in a few weeks.

I'd put the over/under on where Jones is drafted as round 6.

He's got great hands, and some quicks, but how many Purdue WRs do we have to see to know their numbers are grossly inflated by how their offense runs.

He's not as quick as Rondale Moore was, he's not as strong as David Bell was. I think his future is gonna be special teams, and end of roster filler.

He's got great hands, and some quicks, but how many Purdue WRs do we have to see to know their numbers are grossly inflated by how their offense runs.

He's not as quick as Rondale Moore was, he's not as strong as David Bell was. I think his future is gonna be special teams, and end of roster filler.
He is much bigger than Rondale and much faster than Bell. That 4.43 40 he ran at the combine made him some money.

He is much bigger than Rondale and much faster than Bell. That 4.43 40 he ran at the combine made him some money.
I think the 4.43 40 gets him drafted. I don't think he's anywhere near the caliber of prospect Moore was. I could lump him in with Bell, but I hated Bell.

Jones is 5-11 175, and he'll turn 25 early next season. Despite that, he also only had 1 year of production. Maybe he'll be this year's Tyquan Thornton or Velus Jones, but I'd very much argue those were 2 of the worst picks in last year's draft, as they were borderline draftable guys who somehow went on day 2. I like Jones ever so slightly more than those 2, but that's not really a compliment.

I go pretty deep on WR rankings, and Jones isn't in my top-20.

I think the 4.43 40 gets him drafted. I don't think he's anywhere near the caliber of prospect Moore was. I could lump him in with Bell, but I hated Bell.

Jones is 5-11 175, and he'll turn 25 early next season. Despite that, he also only had 1 year of production. Maybe he'll be this year's Tyquan Thornton or Velus Jones, but I'd very much argue those were 2 of the worst picks in last year's draft, as they were borderline draftable guys who somehow went on day 2. I like Jones ever so slightly more than those 2, but that's not really a compliment.

I go pretty deep on WR rankings, and Jones isn't in my top-20.
Oh yeah he’s a fringe player and not at all the prospect Rondale or even Bell were. Still he’s got enough size and speed where he will get his shot.

I hit the character limit in my Route Running thread, so I'm putting the full quotes and links for each player in their bespoke threads.

+/- "a timing route-runner" - http://nfldraftblitz.com/2023/03/09/2023-nfl-draft-scouting-report-wr-charlie-jones-purdue/
+/- "adequate as a route runner" - https://twitter.com/tjdissect/status/1631929641198821381
+/- "Runs routes with hip sink and crisp cuts" ,"will have trouble shedding tight, press-man coverage due to his lack of suddenness and blow-by speed" - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/charlie-jones/32004a4f-4e16-0287-5859-a7165d1cc115

Bengals selected Purdue WR Charlie Jones with the No. 131 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Jones (5’11/175) stepped in to fill Purdue’s WR1 role in 2022 following the departure of David Bell. A six-year vet of the college ranks, Jones spent just one season with the Boilermakers after failing to crack the starting roster at Buffalo (2017-2018) and Iowa (2020-2021). Boasting a 4.43 40-time, Jones has enough speed to translate to the NFL but his smaller frame will limit him against physical defenders. He displayed good hands at the catch point, hauling in 52.4 percent of his contested targets while dropping just three passes on 154 targets all season. One of the older rookies in the class, Jones will turn 25 in October, but he showed enough at Purdue to suggest he could eventually carve out a role in the league. He could have a chance to immediately contribute as a returner after logging a combined 122 kick and punt returns in college.
Apr 29, 2023, 1:28 PM ET

As a Purdue fan I'm surprised he went this high, but he was money for the Boilers last year. Basically a one man show. Have no idea why he couldn't get on the field at Iowa. Bengals seem like a great fit for him.

Users who are viewing this thread