What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeAndre Hopkins, TEN (2 Viewers)

There has been a lot of speculation locally that the Pats could make a run at Hopkins...on the field it could not make more sense...it gives them an alpha and allows them more flexibility with the draft...there is an interesting dynamic in the Hopkins is one of those players BB has a love affair with, but OB is the OC so not sure if that is a deal-breaker.

So hard to tell whether he has lost a step or it just looked like it with one of the worst QBs in the league throwing the ball.

So hard to tell whether he has lost a step or it just looked like it with one of the worst QBs in the league throwing the ball.

I hope you mean the backups when Murray was out. Because Murray ain't one of the worst QBs in the league, not even close.
I mean he might have been better than Wilson/Fields/Mills/Mariota... but he is in that next tier alongside Darnold/Jones/Pickett.

He has been exposed.

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Patriots have "called about" the availabilityof DeAndre Hopkins and Jerry Jeudy.

New England also attended Odell Beckham's workout last week as the 30-year-old free agent seeks a deal worth $20 million. The Patriots, after losing Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders in free agency, are definitely in the market to upgrade at wideout. Hopkins, who is reportedly "flexible on the last two years of his contract," would likely soak up a huge target share if he were to land with the Patriots. Jeudy, meanwhile, is available for "at least" one first-round draft pick, per reports. It's a price no team is likely to pay for the fourth-year wideout.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeff Howe on Twitter
Mar 15, 2023 at 12:57 PM ET

Ian Rapoport reports DeAndre Hopkins’ suitors are zeroing in on a trade.​

Hopkins could be on the move soon as interested teams are focusing on what it’ll take to acquire the 11-year vet. Similar to Brandon Cooks’, Hopkins’ camp would likely have to structure a new deal for him. Hopkins is the best player available for trade at the moment and will elevate which ever team he ends up on.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 21, 2023, 10:23 AM ET

CBS Sports' Josina Anderson reports the Browns are not among the teams pursuing a trade for DeAndre Hopkins.​

A reunion between Hopkins and Deshaun Watson does not seem to be in the cards as multiple NFL teams reportedly pursue Hopkins in a trade. Entering his age-31 season, Hopkins would instantly be the No. 1 wideout in whichever offense he lands in this offseason. It's possible Hopkins will limit his options to Super Bowl contenders, which would have eliminated the Browns anyway. In 13 games last season, Hopkins caught 64 passes for 717 yards and three touchdowns. His 11.2 yards per reception was the lowest of his ten-year NFL career.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Mar 22, 2023, 8:17 AM ET

Has anyone seen a team mentioned other than the Pats and NOT Browns? Seems pretty tight lipped on the rumor circuit if suitors are indeed zeroing in.

Has anyone seen a team mentioned other than the Pats and NOT Browns? Seems pretty tight lipped on the rumor circuit if suitors are indeed zeroing in.
Dallas before they traded for Cooks which would seem to now take them out, Carolina-at least before they overpaid Thielen and Giants are a few that come to mind. I've seen Chiefs mentioned a few times but that's mainly by fans.

I think he's got a soft market and Ian putting word out his suitors are zeroing in was doing the Cardinals a favor to try and drum up interest. His market is for sure softer then I anticipated in large part because the entire WR market is softer then I anticipated. I listen to Michael Lombardi podcast a little bit and he's been saying Hopkins wanting his contract redone is one obstacle, comping it to the Ramsey situation which is going to lower his tradereturn. He's hinting at other issues as well he just won't specify but not related to on field performance. He also says he's not going to NE.

I hope you mean the backups when Murray was out. Because Murray ain't one of the worst QBs in the league, not even close.
I mean he might have been better than Wilson/Fields/Mills/Mariota... but he is in that next tier alongside Darnold/Jones/Pickett.

He has been exposed.
Stats pro-rated to a full season would have been 121 for 1350 yards. That would have been 2nd in receptions and 5th in yardage. STUD when he plays.

He has been exposed.
Stats pro-rated to a full season would have been 121 for 1350 yards. That would have been 2nd in receptions and 5th in yardage. STUD when he plays.
Yeah man I'm with ya. People love to write people off. He is an ABSOLUTE stud. "Injury History" I hear whispers of or "well he got suspended therefore he can't be trusted"

Look when these guys LOSE money like this, usually they find a way to never make that mistake again. He is definitely worth a 2 or 3 to get him on a team. He would be a dangerous guy on the Browns opposite Amari Cooper IMO.

Last edited:

KPRC2's Aaron Wilson reports the trade market for DeAndre Hopkins is "headlined" by the Bills.

Wilson also named the Chiefs as an interested party, though with the caveat that the financial implications of taking on Hopkins' contract have tempered their pursuit. Per Wilson, the Ravens are not among the bidders. Hopkins struggled in 2021 and was slapped with a PED suspension to open the 2022 season. Instead of continuing on his downward trend, Hopkins rebounded with a 64/717/3 receiving line in nine games. He would immediately take over as the Bills' second receiver if they acquire him and his fantasy prospects would soar with Josh Allen as his quarterback.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Mar 23, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET

The MMQB's Albert Breer reports the Cardinals have granted DeAndre Hopkins permission to speak with other teams about a potential trade.​

One of the more consistent topics of the offseason has been the Cardinals moving on from Hopkins. The veteran wideout is entering his age-31 season and will be looking for a new contract from whatever team he lands with. After serving a six-game suspension for PEDs to start 2022, Hopkins returned to go for 64-717-3 in nine games. The Bills have been closely linked to Hopkins as of late, with KPRC2's Aaron Wilson reporting Hopkins' trade market is being "headlined" by them. One of the best receivers of the last decade, Hopkins appears to have plenty left to offer a contender looking to bolster it's receiver room.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Sports Illustrated
Mar 27, 2023, 1:12 PM ET

The MMQB's Albert Breer reports the Cardinals have granted DeAndre Hopkins permission to speak with other teams about a potential trade.​

One of the more consistent topics of the offseason has been the Cardinals moving on from Hopkins. The veteran wideout is entering his age-31 season and will be looking for a new contract from whatever team he lands with. After serving a six-game suspension for PEDs to start 2022, Hopkins returned to go for 64-717-3 in nine games. The Bills have been closely linked to Hopkins as of late, with KPRC2's Aaron Wilson reporting Hopkins' trade market is being "headlined" by them. One of the best receivers of the last decade, Hopkins appears to have plenty left to offer a contender looking to bolster it's receiver room.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Sports Illustrated
Mar 27, 2023, 1:12 PM ET
I had read that the Cardinals were trying to pull off a trade similar to CMC . . . something in the magnitude of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks to move Hopkins. Not surprisingly, teams have balked at that price (as he will likely want a new contract as well). Given that Cooks just got moved for a 5th and a 6th, I don't see Hopkins going for anywhere near that the rumored trade package of picks.

If the New England Patriots want to trade for DeAndre Hopkins, they might have to give up a Christian McCaffrey-sized package to do so.

Ahhhh, I remember my 1st beer.

Cards are smoking crack if they think they’re getting anything close to that for DHop.
I agree. Why would anyone give up a huge package for any soon to be 31 year old WR?

The Patriots would only take on DeAndre Hopkins’ contract from Arizona if they were able to do so sending no draft pick compensation, per
@AlbertBreer. There is a chance the star WR is released when it’s all said and done.

The Patriots would only take on DeAndre Hopkins’ contract from Arizona if they were able to do so sending no draft pick compensation, per
@AlbertBreer. There is a chance the star WR is released when it’s all said and done.
ARI releasing him seems like a weird outcome. Whether the Cards cut him or trade him, they will eat $22.6M in dead cap money. Might as well get something for him over nothing.

ARI releasing him seems like a weird outcome. Whether the Cards cut him or trade him, they will eat $22.6M in dead cap money. Might as well get something for him over nothing.
That's pre June 1st. Post June it's down to $10.5 mill. Cut or trade

That's pre June 1st. Post June it's down to $10.5 mill. Cut or trade
It all comes out in the wash. Either $22.6M this year or $11.3M this year and next year.

I've never felt NE was a real consideration once they signed BOB and I know someone a lot more well sourced with that team saying it's got zero shot of happening.

I'm sure they'll be able to find a trade partner and for that matter I expect several WR trades to eventually happen in the league, including one or both Denver's. I think Baltimore for instance is a team willing to make a deal for a WR but their hands are kind of tied until they sort out the Lamar situation. A few WR's are on the market and my guess is when a few of the higher sought after WR's go we see a little flurry after.

So I would not hold your breath on him finding his way to NE or being cut.

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports some teams believe the Cardinals could cut DeAndre Hopkins.​

Trading Hopkins has proven difficult for the Cardinals early on, as teams appear unwilling to meet the Cardinals' asking price in a trade while also knowing Hopkins also wants a new contract. If Hopkins is cut, it's possible the Cardinals would look to cut him as a post-June 1 designation, which would save $19.45 million against the cap for this season. Entering his age-31 season, Hopkins would undoubtedly have a strong market as a free agent. He posted a 64-717-3 line in just nine games last season and would provide an immediate boost to a contending team in search of receiving help.
SOURCE: Greg Bedard Patriots Podcast
Apr 3, 2023, 5:55 PM ET

Cardinals coach Jonathan Gannon said "we'll see" when asked if he expects DeAndre Hopkins to show up for voluntary workouts.

Gannon added "when he's ready to come, he'll come." Hopkins Instagrammed himself working out at a different facility. Gannon also said he'd been in contact with Hopkins and they "want to do what's best for us and for him." The Cardinals moving on from Hopkins has felt pre-ordained since Gannon and Monti Ossenfort were hired, the question has always been what they'd get back in a trade -- if they can complete a trade at this point. It sounds like Hopkins not showing up in Arizona is on the table.
SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter
Apr 11, 2023 at 3:10 PM ET

Lots of smoke this evening on Texans’ forums with what Hop posted on his Instagram this evening. Might be a return to Houston is in the works?

I'd love it. Please let it happen.

I’d be happy with it, send one of our 3rd’s maybe for him and then they can go BPA at 12 and 2.2?
Who knows what Hopkins will actually fetch in a trade, but it was reported ARI wanted a 2, 3, and 4 in return . . . or at least a 2nd and either a starter or an in-demand prospect.

Lots of smoke this evening on Texans’ forums with what Hop posted on his Instagram this evening. Might be a return to Houston is in the works?

I’d be happy with it, send one of our 3rd’s maybe for him and then they can go BPA at 12 and 2.2?
Who knows what Hopkins will actually fetch in a trade, but it was reported ARI wanted a 2, 3, and 4 in return . . . or at least a 2nd and either a starter or an in-demand prospect.

Yeah saw the earlier “reports” and ARI must be smoking something if thats how much they want for a 31 year old on a big contract (who wants a new one) coming off a PED suspension.

Yeah saw the earlier “reports” and ARI must be smoking something if thats how much they want for a 31 year old on a big contract (who wants a new one) coming off a PED suspension.
Give em a 5 and Davis Mills. They need a fill-in QB for Kyler and DHop needs his number.

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports the Cardinals and Titans are having trade talks around both the No. 3 overall pick and DeAndre Hopkins.​

"Hearing Cardinals are trying to send No. 3 overall and DeAndre Hopkins to Titans for No. 11 pick plus more," was Florio's full report. In other words, the Cardinals are trying to include Nuk in talks for the Titans' attempted move up for a quarterback. There would have to be a mammoth picks cache coming Arizona's way in such a move, perhaps more than the Titans could stomach. Stay tuned.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Apr 27, 2023, 5:57 PM ET

"Hearing Cardinals are trying to send No. 3 overall and DeAndre Hopkins to Titans for No. 11 pick plus more," was Florio's full report.
Really? Florio? #3 and Hopkins for #11 and more? Well I sure hope there's more. That not a real f'n good deal for Cardinals here.

Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins posted a video to his Instagram page suggesting he'll remain with the team in 2023.​

Hopkins' video all but confirmed he'll remain with the Cardinals in 2023, saying in his video, "I see everybody telling me to stay. Who said I wanna go? Who said I wanna leave? I'm out here working baby." Hopkins shared his location in Phoenix, Arizona in his post, which seems like as good an indication as any that he'll be back with the team next season. His video comes just days after Cardinals GM Monti Ossenford said he "doesn't foresee that happening" when asked about the possibility of trading Hopkins this offseason. For now, it appears everything is in place for Hopkins to play at least one more season with the Cardinals barring any unexpected developments. The soon-to-be 31-year-old receiver produced at a high level across nine games last season with the Cardinals, totaling 64 receptions for 717 yards and three touchdowns after serving a six-game suspension for PEDs.
SOURCE: Ari Meirov on Twitter
May 1, 2023, 2:52 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread