What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Diontae Johnson, CAR (2 Viewers)

Base 11 set. Okay. What about reports of Ebron acting as a fourth or fifth receiver in the offense. Could we not see more 12 sets with Vance?

That said, even base eleven leaves three WR spots on the field. JuJu, Diontae, James Washington, or Chase Claypool. Who is the odd man out?

I don't know. The Steelers have an embarrassment of riches at WR. Care to help out the Jets any? We'll take any of your four guys for a second rounder. At least I would.

I’m not sure what the beef is between posters here. But you essentially have Juju going back to the slot. You have Johnson as near tops in separation finally getting to play with Ben. You have Claypool who is a size speed nightmare. You have a decent Enron at TE. Great pass catching back and solid runner when healthy. 

Bens arm may be the only think limiting this offense. Burg fans must be licking their chops as their d is considered excellent as well.

I’m not sure what the beef is between posters here. But you essentially have Juju going back to the slot. You have Johnson as near tops in separation finally getting to play with Ben. You have Claypool who is a size speed nightmare. You have a decent Enron at TE. Great pass catching back and solid runner when healthy. 

Bens arm may be the only think limiting this offense. Burg fans must be licking their chops as their d is considered excellent as well.
Exactly. Except Enron was a disaster for the whole country, Ebron just one in Detroit. 

Last edited by a moderator:

mainly like and agree, though as many other's have said, i don't think the rookie Claypool will contribute a lot early.

but i'm really here to say, Burgh fans.

Base 11 set. Okay. What about reports of Ebron acting as a fourth or fifth receiver in the offense. Could we not see more 12 sets with Vance?

That said, even base eleven leaves three WR spots on the field. JuJu, Diontae, James Washington, or Chase Claypool. Who is the odd man out?

I don't know. The Steelers have an embarrassment of riches at WR. Care to help out the Jets any? We'll take any of your four guys for a second rounder. At least I would.
Opening with a second. Good way start a conversation. ☕

Base 11 would be the most common personnel group.  To your point, base 12 will be used more to create mismatches. I’m hopeful they mix up the WR to change the dynamic.  Ben is good at reading the D and even make a hot pass on a designed run.  Don’t know that Ebron and McDonald would hold up if this was the primary formation. 

Opening with a second. Good way start a conversation. ☕

Base 11 would be the most common personnel group.  To your point, base 12 will be used more to create mismatches. I’m hopeful they mix up the WR to change the dynamic.  Ben is good at reading the D and even make a hot pass on a designed run.  Don’t know that Ebron and McDonald would hold up if this was the primary formation. 
Nice work, all of it. But no higher than a second. Will not trade a first. Too much cost control involved in that. Your pick of receivers. We'll take him.

Can we all at least agree along with the Bucs and Cowgirls that the Steelers have the best WR talent in the league? 

Can we all at least agree along with the Bucs and Cowgirls that the Steelers have the best WR talent in the league? 
I saw "Cowgirls" and the word "talent" and thought you were going "cheerleader" and "talent" and I was about to applaud you and ask for links. Instead, I boo in your general direction.

I saw "Cowgirls" and the word "talent" and thought you were going "cheerleader" and "talent" and I was about to applaud you and ask for links. Instead, I boo in your general direction.
Redskins fan since 70s...just can't help myself. Sorry friend but also not sorry ;)  

And after he drops it?
Funny story his drop percentage has improved almost every season in the league. So have his targets. Losing Luck along with his injury issue last year made a big difference. But otherwise his entire career has had an upward trajectory. 

Just realized I'm in the Diontae thread. I do that a lot. Defenses are going to have a really hard time against these guys.

D I O N T A E - perhaps when you all are done with the circling pseudo analysis you could take the time to learn how to spell his name. This thread is the most half assed hack thing I’ve seen in the SP in some time. Suggesting a player has upside is one thing, dismissing a guy who has already accomplished something most players could barely dream of is quite the other.
Don't know if anyone is really saying Juju sucks just that some people think that DeeOnTeh is better at football. Is it such a hot take if I said I think CeeDee Lamb is better than Cooper even though Cooper has multiple 1,000+yd seasons?

Ben quote on Johnson:  “I got to watch him last year and what an incredible talent,” Roethlisberger said. “It has been a lot of fun to actually get more reps with him and more plays. I’m looking forward to getting out in an actual game feel with him because I think sky is the limit in terms of talent with that guy. He is fast, he’s quick, he can get open, he’s got great hands. He’s one of those receivers you look forward to playing with.”

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson

did not practice Thursday according to the team’s official injury report. (Ray Fittipaldo on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact:

Just like that, Johnson pops up on the injury report with a DNP on Thursday. This doesn’t look good for his chances of playing Week 1, as he wasn’t even able to log a limited practice session. He’ll have to practice in some form on Friday if he wants to have a chance of suiting up Week 1 against the Giants. Luckily, they play Monday night, so Johnson will have an extra day to heal.

Reported. 

Just kidding. Laugh away. Lol
this is weird.....first I said #### but the language filter, then I try to type poop and it changes the emoji to a smiley face. Anyhooo....I ain't laughing as it seems all my WR's AJ Brown, Golladay and now Diontae have popped up on injury report. Fantasy Football is back in all it's glory 🤣

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson

did not practice Thursday according to the team’s official injury report. (Ray Fittipaldo on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact:

Just like that, Johnson pops up on the injury report with a DNP on Thursday. This doesn’t look good for his chances of playing Week 1, as he wasn’t even able to log a limited practice session. He’ll have to practice in some form on Friday if he wants to have a chance of suiting up Week 1 against the Giants. Luckily, they play Monday night, so Johnson will have an extra day to heal.
Misses the mark some (the blurb not the poster). With a Monday game he will get a shot to practice Saturday. Friday not the key day.

Misses the mark some (the blurb not the poster). With a Monday game he will get a shot to practice Saturday. Friday not the key day.
Foot is scary. Could be a lot of things some real bad. 

Users who are viewing this thread