What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (3 Viewers)

I kept him this year in my modified keeper league...i believe in the kid
Oh, for sure. But he needs a QB to throw to him. The guy has talent.

I'm not high on Wilson being able to turn the corner. I wish him the best, but I don't see it happening. I think we've seen the QB he is - I don't think many QBs turn it around at the NFL level after being so bad. He's young, so he has a little bit of time, but the odds I think are not great. As one poster noted in another thread, ZW feels he got a raw deal and is not really looking inward.

I love the motivation but this ain't happening with Zach Wilson at the helm
Well they did go 5-2 with Wilson as the starter and beat GB by 17 and Miami by 23 with Wilson at the helm.
In SPITE of Zach Wilson, not BECAUSE OF Zach Wilson.
He was, without question, at the helm
Trent Dilfer was also at the helm of the Super Bowl winning ravens.

The point being is that ZW being at the helm is irrelevant, IMO. Those games were won in spite of his poor play, mostly by Breece Hall and the NJY Defense. It was not the passing game.

JFC, that's your exact comment in bold.

The point being is that ZW being at the helm is irrelevant,
I'm talking about Moore saying he wants to "blow somebody out" and I responded to that with "not with ZW at the helm".

What the heck are you talking about?
OMG
Well then help me out. What am I missing? I don't understand what you're trying to get across.

I'm talking about Moore saying he wants to "blow somebody out" and I responded to that with "not with ZW at the helm".

OMG
Well then help me out. What am I missing? I don't understand what you're trying to get across.
The bolded comment, made by you, specifically stated that the Jets are not blowing anyone out with Wilson at the help.

I then pointed out to you that the Jets literally blew two teams out with him at the helm

You then responded that Wilson being at the helm was irrelevant.

It's not a big deal, but listen to yourself man.

OMG
The bolded comment, made by you, specifically stated that the Jets are not blowing anyone out with Wilson at the help.

I then pointed out to you that the Jets literally blew two teams out with him at the helm

You then responded that Wilson being at the helm was irrelevant.

It's not a big deal, but listen to yourself man.
Fair enough. Thank you. :thumbup:

Hope for him in 23?

Seemed like a Dynasty Darling and then had an incredibly frustrating 22. The Jets QB situation was an absolute mess.
I imagine most owners are actually pretty frustrated/down on him.
May be a great buy low.

I guess on the flip side, people like me kicking the tires may give owners a last chance to get something before his value totally evaporates.

Hope for him in 23?

Seemed like a Dynasty Darling and then had an incredibly frustrating 22. The Jets QB situation was an absolute mess.
I imagine most owners are actually pretty frustrated/down on him.
May be a great buy low.

I guess on the flip side, people like me kicking the tires may give owners a last chance to get something before his value totally evaporates.
I own him, and I'm pretty conflicted about him. I think he is a good buy-low. QB situation is very likely to improve. But could he have dug himself a permanent hole last year? He is very good; if they just get a good QB and use him as much as he deserves, I think him outperforming Garrett Wilson in 2023 is a good "bold prediction".

I think him outperforming Garrett Wilson in 2023 is a good "bold prediction".
I realize you're making it bold, so while I while I think it's highly unlikely, it's not really crazy if Rodgers ends up as QB. I could see Wilson having more yards and TDs, but Moore having more receptions o close the gap a little. He's sort of a prime Cobb talentwise, and similar player. Same could be possible with Carr. As some one that watched every game, while Moore didn't always help himself, it's almost impossible for any player to have dealt with worse overall QB play.

Jets trading him to the Cleveland Browns to match with DeShaun Watson
Regardless of how you feel about Watson, this is great news for Moore investors and this guy has mad skills.
Amari Cooper will not take away from what he is trying to do at the same time lined up opposite.
:thumbup:

Whoaa. Was not expecting that.
As a Browns fan, I approve of this move.
I might have approved it it was pick 42 straight up, but got back pick 72 I think?
Swapped 2nds and got Moore for the trouble.

ETA Swapped a 3rd for a 2nd and got Moore

Solid deal for the Browns. Probably hurts Bell shareholders, not that they had high hopes to begin with.

Last edited:
I might have approved it it was pick 42 straight up, but got back pick 72 I think?

Solid deal for the Browns. Probably hurts Bell shareholders, not that they had high hopes to begin with.
Actually it was swapping JEts 3rd for Browns 2d so a little better - works out to a high 3rd rder on the trade chart for a pretty good WR on a rookie deal. He has a terrible attitude but playing with Zach Wilson will do that to you - i can see him taking a big jump this year with Watson

Actually it was swapping JEts 3rd for Browns 2d so a little better - works out to a high 3rd rder on the trade chart for a pretty good WR on a rookie deal. He has a terrible attitude but playing with Zach Wilson will do that to you - i can see him taking a big jump this year with Watson
Oh - ok, that makes more sense. It was initially reported as swapping seconds

Appreciate the clarification 👍🏼

DPJ owners can't be thrilled, he looked pretty good last year.
Yeah, the whole Jets situation is going to lead to a lot of “woohoo! Oh wait crap!” scenarios.

At the moment it’s hard to know who to get excited about though. I’m sure Moore owners were excited about ARod coming to town.

For my own selfish reasons, I’m hoping Mims escapes the Jets and goes to the Packers in the ARod deal.

Jets save a little face, this kid went awol on them last year demanding a trade in the middle of the Jets going on a winning streak.
I do think he got a raw deal in New York, I was all over this kid coming out of Ole Miss and maintain he still could have a long and productive career, I wanted Miami to grab him
We took a penguin instead, so far that's worked out OK but then we went and acquired Tyreek Hill which does limit what Waddle can truly evolve into IMO.
But we're much better with Hill on the team.

I keep warming up the band over here for Rodgers announcement, we keep breaking down and setting up but then nothing happens.
His intentions might be New York but the Jets intentions are to pay as little in a trade as possible for him, can't say i blame them.
A 2nd or a 3rd should be enough and take on his salary demands.

Great off season, that's what all the publications are saying, A+ grades everywhere.
I thought Miami getting Jalen Ramsey was kind of a big thing but I guess not

Last edited:
DPJ owners can't be thrilled, he looked pretty good last year.
He didn't thrive with Watson, in fact almost nothing his last 3-4 weeks of the season.
Elijah is a St Thomas Aquinas grad in Ft Laud, FL, they've won a bunch of State Titles
Ole Miss 3 years, think he jumped to the NFL as a 21 yr old Junior
500/5 TD his rookie season and most of it over a 4-5 game span and then he suddenly had a magic injury and the Jets shelved him the rest of the year.
Last year the offense was a dumpster fire and he wanted to be traded.

He runs incredible routes, excels at 15 and 20 yard out patterns that are typically timing routes and don't require tons of separation, he makes catches in tight spaces.
34th overall pick in a Draft class that included Chase, Waddle and the Slim Reaper up top, this guy was the clear No 4 but would have gone in the 1st Rd other years.
He has a pedigree that I respect and he also runs a 4.35, this Mother Bleeper can fly

Browns acquired WR Elijah Moore and a 2023 third-round pick from the Jets in exchange for a 2023 second-round pick.

The Jets will move up from the No. 74 pick to the No. 42 pick in exchange for Moore. After New York added Mecole Hardman, Moore's fate was sealed. Corey Davis could be next on the list of Jets receivers being sent packing. Moore has flashed potential in his two pro seasons, amassing an 80/984/6 receiving line so far. However, he has been dreadfully inefficient, averaging 6.9 yards per target and 1.23 yards per route run throughout his time with Gang Green. Some of his poor production came from having Zach Wilson at the helm, though Moore often struggled to earn more than a part-time role, hurting his counting stats. A change of scenery was likely needed to spark his career, though he is far from a sure thing in Cleveland. Fantasy managers can treat him as a high-upside WR4/5 with virtually no floor.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 22, 2023 at 3:53 PM ET

Probably won’t get offered a second but I’m sure teams would do a 3rd and maybe a later pick.

I would think they could get multiple teams offering a second for him and if not for his recent actions scaring some teams off I'd think multiple teams would offer a first.

we were both right……no #1 coming back, but they did get a #2, but they had to add a #3. seems the value was around a 4th based on this deal.

Funny, I was going to post today after I saw the Mecole signing that Elijah Moore is almost certainly on the trade block. This is a really bad sign for him. Good young WRs on rookie deals don’t get traded. The Jets obviously don’t think he’s any good.

Funny, I was going to post today after I saw the Mecole signing that Elijah Moore is almost certainly on the trade block. This is a really bad sign for him. Good young WRs on rookie deals don’t get traded. The Jets obviously don’t think he’s any good.
The Jets also think Allen Lazard and Mecole Hardman are good, I'm not sure they have any idea what they are doing, beyond trying to add Rodgers. I think they have certainly gotten worse at WR this offseason, assuming Corey Davis is soon to follow Moore out the door. I'd say: Davis>Moore>>Lazard>Hardman.

Moore is an intriguing buy-low I think. The #2 job in Cleveland is wide open, and specifically the slot job is wide open. At the moment, I expect Moore to fill it. I also wonder if the Jets wanted to add another 2nd round pick, because either this pick or their 2nd round pick is going to Green Bay in a Rodgers deal.

The Jets also think Allen Lazard and Mecole Hardman are good, I'm not sure they have any idea what they are doing, beyond trying to add Rodgers. I think they have certainly gotten worse at WR this offseason, assuming Corey Davis is soon to follow Moore out the door. I'd say: Davis>Moore>>Lazard>Hardman.

Moore is an intriguing buy-low I think. The #2 job in Cleveland is wide open, and specifically the slot job is wide open. At the moment, I expect Moore to fill it. I also wonder if the Jets wanted to add another 2nd round pick, because either this pick or their 2nd round pick is going to Green Bay in a Rodgers deal.
LOL very fair point. I think the Moore issue has more to do with his attitude than play. There was some weird stuff going on this season with him.

LOL very fair point. I think the Moore issue has more to do with his attitude than play. There was some weird stuff going on this season with him.
I think he was a 22 year old guy, who knew his QB sucked, and he maybe stopped caring because of it. Not ideal, but I get it.

from this post you seem to think corey davis is good. honestly, anything is better than davis coming from a guy who watched almost every snap. davis is seemingly never able to suit up due to a myriad of injuries and when he does he makes such little impact you think he has been deactivated. moore might be better than hardman, they could be a wash. lazard plays, is a big target and a willing blocker, to me a huge upgrade over davis.

Probably won’t get offered a second but I’m sure teams would do a 3rd and maybe a later pick.

I would think they could get multiple teams offering a second for him and if not for his recent actions scaring some teams off I'd think multiple teams would offer a first.

we were both right……no #1 coming back, but they did get a #2, but they had to add a #3. seems the value was around a 4th based on this deal.

In terms of the trade value, this chart here which I think is really good:https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp, puts the value as a net gain for the Jets at what would be equal to pick 66.

It's the player empowerment era. When a player wants out most teams try and get them out and in many cases so a spot where they want to go.

This has nothing do with Jets not thinking Moore is any good. It has everything to do with Moore wanting out, draft capital to help get Rodgers and Rodgers wanting Lazard with a solid chance OBJ and/or Cobb still coming.

He demanded a trade in the middle of the Jets ascending to 5-3, 7-3? I forget exactly but they were managing to win games on defense and he felt he wasn't being targeted enough and told the Jets to trade him since they were set on Wilson.

The Jets took a WR with their 1st Rd pick and he flashed a lot his rookie season, guess they felt differently or wanted at least 1 strong WR on the roster with a young QB, it's actually not bad on the Jets part to surround a rookie with 2 great WR prospects

A lot of people think Wilson is an amazing No 1 or has that potential, will be interesting to see where people are at on Elijah Moore when we get halfway into the season.
I think he will be easy to acquire in most redrafts, doubt he is much of a though before the double digit rounds, could go undrafted or was until he landed in Cleveland.

I think he was a 22 year old guy, who knew his QB sucked, and he maybe stopped caring because of it. Not ideal, but I get it.
He told Lafleur to gfy for using him as a decoy every game after a month and a half of routinely getting open. He's experiencing the consequences. Not ideal but not disqualifying especially for fantasy

In 2021-Rookie Year

Starting in Week 7
6/67
7/84/2TDs
3/44/TD
8/141/TD
4/46
6/77/TD

34/459/5TDs
51 targets and had several different QBs including Mike White, Josh Johnson and Joe Flacco slinging him the ball

Then he got injured just as he was taking off as a rookie.
2022 never really got going for him and the new Rookie changed things when it came to a game plan for him.

Users who are viewing this thread