What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (1 Viewer)

Why do you feel differently?
Because, which WR is seeing a ton of targets the last few weeks? Are all of the WRs on the team being punished (by some one other than Zach Wilson's inadequacy)?
Wilson threw the ball 41 times last week. Tyler Conklin had 10 targets. G Wilson had 7. Mims had 3. Moore had a single target.
It could absolutely be due to Wilson's inadequacy though.
Maybe Conklin's mom is hotter than Moore's Mon

Because, which WR is seeing a ton of targets the last few weeks? Are all of the WRs on the team being punished (by some one other than Zach Wilson's inadequacy)?
Wilson threw the ball 41 times last week. Tyler Conklin had 10 targets. G Wilson had 7. Mims had 3. Moore had a single target.
Conklin is a TE.

Conklin is a TE.
So what?

Conklin is a TE.
So what?
I said asked “which WRs are getting heavy targets” - it goes back to the Zach Wilson part of the equation. He’s not looking at his WRs - he’s dumping to Conklin and RBs.
It’s also the function of the Jets’ o-line which is now missing 2 former first round picks and a rookie RT that was playing well. There’s no time for Zach to find WRs.
Right now the passing game isn’t working because of Zach and the line.
This all seems pretty simple but I guess conspiracy theories and ****ting on the Jets coaches is much more fun.

Conklin is a TE.
So what?
11 targets to WRs. 7 going to their first round pick - who is better than Moore (sorry Moore fans - which I am - but it’s true).

The main point is there hasn’t been targets to go around because the Jets passing game has been low volume since Wilson has come back.

Conklin is a TE.
So what?
11 targets to WRs. 7 going to their first round pick - who is better than Moore (sorry Moore fans - which I am - but it’s true).

The main point is there hasn’t been targets to go around because the Jets passing game has been low volume since Wilson has come back.
Point taken. As noted earlier, it could simply be that Z Wilson is terrible for all/most WRs.

Active and no catches, I assume was not even targeted

Jets won so tread lightly here. The jets are doing fine without him, you wonder why they didn't just add a 1st/2nd, 2nd/3rd combo and move on

Questions will mount, they did win today but I don't know if those are sustainable over the next 8-9 weeks, time will tell.

Questions will mount, they did win today but I don't know if those are sustainable over the next 8-9 weeks, time will tell.

As long as they're winning and competitive, nobody is going to give a **** about the dog peeing guy.
:thumbup:

Good attitude
Moore is pretty well liked in a lot of circles
Things have a way of coming full circle
Long season
Good luck to you all, looking forward to Game 17 at Hard Rock

This is without Corey Davis. Shocked that they are still disciplining him. No other reason that he’s not being targeted.

I don’t own him. I do have Garrett Wilson. That’s why I follow the team, QB, and targets.

This is without Corey Davis. Shocked that they are still disciplining him. No other reason that he’s not being targeted.

I don’t own him. I do have Garrett Wilson. That’s why I follow the team, QB, and targets.
He's not being disciplined. This is all because Wilson isn't a good QB who can't throw to WRs. Nobody gave that message to G Wilson or heck, even D Mims. But that narrative is still strong in here nonetheless.

He's had one target total in his last 3 games since he demanded a trade and was sent home after a likely outburst and people are still trying to act like one does not have anything to do with the other. Wild.

ETA-mistake on my part, just two games since he asked for a trade.

He's had one target total in his last 3 games since he demanded a trade and was sent home after a likely outburst and people are still trying to act like one does not have anything to do with the other. Wild.
This is going to be a bellyache and ***** fest moving forward

I ordered a green t-shirt and am having a screen print made
"Free Elijah!"

He's not being disciplined. This is all because Wilson isn't a good QB who can't throw to WRs. Nobody gave that message to G Wilson or heck, even D Mims. But that narrative is still strong in here nonetheless.
you love to make disingenuous and hyperbolic statements about what was actually said to help prove your point (I've noticed it in a few topics today already) - good for you, I guess.

I can't believe that people are saying Robert Saleh is purposely tanking the Jets offense by not using their best weapon on purpose strictly just to punish him. See I can do it also.

Was he active today?
As active as he was the previous 2

This is beyond a FF S-show for Moore at this point. Almost comical. I wouldn't think he would be in anyone's lineup at this point, so that's a positive when looking at this FF train wreck.

Kudos to the Jets success. Didn't think they had a chance yesterday. Great win

you love to make disingenuous and hyperbolic statements about what was actually said to help prove your point (I've noticed it in a few topics today already) - good for you, I guess.

I can't believe that people are saying Robert Saleh is purposely tanking the Jets offense by not using their best weapon on purpose strictly just to punish him. See I can do it also.
Cool exchange bro

Cool exchange bro
It's ok if you can't understand the context.

Cool exchange bro
It's ok if you can't understand the context.
I understand the context fully.

To be more productive in this thread, Elijah Moore clearly is being punished by the coaching staff. Is it unfair that he’s being punished? Doubtful. He was whining selfishly about lack of targets while they were winning games. It’s weird though that people have pushed back on the idea that Moore was being punished by the staff. It’s equally weird that people (including me) might have created a perception that Moore’s lack of targets has zero to do with an inexperienced QB (of course that matters too).

ETA-mistake on my part, just two games since he asked for a trade.
i think moore is a little bit of column a and column b. g wilson is clearly a better player at this point and has the trust of the qb. wilson is also a top 10 pick. moore is not just being punished, his snap count is way down. i think the staff is down on him…..saleh won’t say it, but if it walks like a duck. this is likely a consequence of his actions and the team wondering if his head is in the game. z wilson is still way young in this league and obviously still figuring it out. he just is not a fantasy type qb at this point. it doesn’t mean he isn’t a winning qb in real life. wilson struggles as the field increases and his throws are mostly short rb or wr outs or slants. i figure if they wanted, they could give moore a sweep or one or two of the balls that berrios sees, but we don’t see practice nor attitude. IRL this team is winning without moore, so who really cares? maybe he is good or not, but the jets obviously feel he is replaceable and when you are trying to change the culture in the building and a guy goes all rogue like moore, you move on. i’d love for him to be awesome, but we may never know it if z wilson doesn’t take strides and the staff doesn’t trust him.

What are dynasty holders doing? He has no value and I don’t see a scenario where he starts becoming an FF contributor this season. Loved the talent and had him as a top 25 dynasty WR preseason now I debating dropping him.

What are dynasty holders doing? He has no value and I don’t see a scenario where he starts becoming an FF contributor this season. Loved the talent and had him as a top 25 dynasty WR preseason now I debating dropping him.
With 12 bench spots, I'm not remotely close to dropping him in dynasty.

Sit tight, cross your fingers and hope he gets traded in the offseason...
This right here. ☝️ Unfortunately this is a lost year but he has so much potential to break out, just maybe not with the Jets. You can't get anything for him so if you have the room, he's a hold for now.

He was a free agent in a few of my redraft leagues, and I scooped him up to see what shakes out. With White as QB last season in weks 7-10, Moore was the WR6 in FF. Granted, that was without Garrett Wilson around, but I could see him making a late-season run as a WR2 for fantasy teams. He's got the talent and is motivated to show out, if they will give him the snaps,

It should be noted that the Safety suffered a Lisfranc as he was going to make his cut and move towards Moore and fell down like a sack of potatoes and this was a big reason why Moore ran untouched to the end zone. I have Moore on a few teams and I would love to be excited about him but I need to see more than 2/64/TD when one of the plays happened at the expense of a Safety injury and nobody between Moore and the end zone, I need to see a lot Moore to be convinced. But they do play Detroit Week 15, or Week 1 of our FF Playoffs!

I have Moore on a few teams and I would love to be excited about him but I need to see more than 2/64/TD when one of the plays happened at the expense of a Safety injury and nobody between Moore and the end zone, I need to see a lot Moore to be convinced.
Good info on the safety but even if he was the worlds greatest safety ever and had not got hurt on the play I need to see more then a 35% snap count and two targets to think about cracking a lineup of mine. I own a lot of Moore, picked him up a bunch when he was cut, but at this point I mainly have him hoping snaps/targets pick up in next week or two or I'm cutting bait.

Agreed....my expectations are extremely tempered....but IF he is/will be let completely outta the doghouse, and with Wilson drawing the best cover man each week, we could possibly see a mini-late-season surge like last year, just not as profound. The talent is there, his QB has proven that he can/will deliver to him, and his teammates apparently are pulling for him....shouts of "Free E" were reportly heard after last week's game.

I have Moore on a few teams and I would love to be excited about him but I need to see more than 2/64/TD when one of the plays happened at the expense of a Safety injury and nobody between Moore and the end zone, I need to see a lot Moore to be convinced.
Good info on the safety but even if he was the worlds greatest safety ever and had not got hurt on the play I need to see more then a 35% snap count and two targets to think about cracking a lineup of mine. I own a lot of Moore, picked him up a bunch when he was cut, but at this point I mainly have him hoping snaps/targets pick up in next week or two or I'm cutting bait.

It should be noted that the Safety suffered a Lisfranc as he was going to make his cut and move towards Moore and fell down like a sack of potatoes and this was a big reason why Moore ran untouched to the end zone

That was Wilson's touchdown, I think. Jackson, who fell down? That was on Garrett Wilson's catch. Elijah Moore just got open on his.
Meno, I was corrected on this, the TD with the Safety going down w/Lisfranc was actually Garrett so I have to go back and watch the Moore TD but it sounds like he might have played 1/3 of the snaps. Still, if he can get himself out of the doghouse and I'm even thinking 2023, just want to see him continue to develop.

Thanks Rock

Week 13 routes run on 59 Mike White dropbacks:
  • Garrett Wilson 54
  • Corey Davis 47
  • Elijah Moore 45
  • Denzel Mims 13
  • Braxton Berrios 12
Elijah was in the slot on 42 of his 58 snaps.

Week 13 routes run on 59 Mike White dropbacks:
  • Garrett Wilson 54
  • Corey Davis 47
  • Elijah Moore 45
  • Denzel Mims 13
  • Braxton Berrios 12
Elijah was in the slot on 42 of his 58 snaps.
snap counts are great but actual targets, receptions, yards are what really matters at the end of the day. you need to QB to look at you and get you the ball and Moore is just having an unbelievably bad season. I'm very surprised as he had such a good year last year and sure Wilson is a better option but there are plenty of 1A/1B wr corps in the NFL but it seems as if Moore's attitude may have crushed his year.

Big fan of the talent. Been holding all year despite the nightmare. With White in at QB and Moore scoring a TD last week, I decided to roll him out there on Sunday as a what the hell WR 3 (my WR situation is AWFUL outside of Adams). And....a no-show. Whatever, we tried. Thankfully it didn't cost me a win. Finally cutting bait for some playoff QB streamer options.

I was so wrong about this guy, thought he would be a PPR stud. He is going to need an incredible off-season to recover any semblance of value.

I was so wrong about this guy, thought he would be a PPR stud

I don't think you were wrong in your process, though. How on earth can you evaluate this guy based on the past two years? Z Wilson has been horrendous as a QB and he's had Mike White, Josh Johnson, and Joe Flacco throwing to him otherwise. Not to mention they've lined him up wide when he's an obvious slot guy with a slot build. Also, they've given Berrios what should be his snaps there because Berrios is sort of Z Wilson's wubby blanket, or he was last year at least.

The one thing that should concern people is that after having used a second on Moore, they went out and drafted Garrett Wilson. So you wonder what sort of evaluation they were doing every day in drills and practice and game-like situations.

I don't think I ever really loved this guy as a pick because of his stature and how ridiculous the dog peeing celebration was (think Isaiah Crowell's poop celebration and make it stupider and at a worse time), but I try not to be too negative in the Jets thread -- or anywhere for that matter about the Jets, really, because if you're a Jets fan, reality has a way of taking all doubts and making your worst fears true, and who needs the truth, damnit?

Roundabout way of saying don't kick yourself. I drafted Henry Ruggs over Justin Jefferson in a dynasty league. **** happens in evaluation processes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread