What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Greg Dortch, ARZ (1 Viewer)

Greg Dortch caught 7-of-9 targets for 63 yards in the Cardinals' Week 1 loss to the Chiefs.

Dortch, like it or not, functioned as Arizona's top pass-catching option with Rondale Moore (hamstring) and DeAndre Hopkins (suspension) out. An undersized undrafted free agent and a former kick returner, Dortch -- who had three receptions in 2021 -- tied Marquise Brown for the most pass routes among Arizona players in Week 1. Dortch ran almost all of his routes from the slot, where Moore will play when healthy. Dortch will be a popular name on the waiver wire in the coming days, and if his Week 1 usage continues into Week 2 against Vegas, Dortch could be useful in deeper leagues where managers start four or more wideouts.

- NBCSportsEDGE

At present I am rolling out Dortch over jakobi and Burks in a ppr league. Might switch that one around a couple times before Sunday.

At present I am rolling out Dortch over jakobi and Burks in a ppr league. Might switch that one around a couple times before Sunday.

Maybe wait until Burks moves up from WR4 on his own team first; 22 snaps and 13 routes WK 1.

Jakobi is kind of the tallest little person in the room,, while Dortch is an actual little person. But I like the way the Cardinals are using him with Moore out. It's all that LOS stuff (bubble screens & quick slants) but he's decent at getting YAC. Ertz is getting healthier so he might cut into the market share, but their D blows so good chance Kyler will be chucking it a lot.

Greg Dortch caught 4-of-4 targets for 55 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 2 overtime win over the Raiders.​

A favorite amongst Week 2 DFS players and WR4 desperados, Dortch couldn't quite match his Week 1 usage of 7/63 on nine targets, but he broke what had been a Raiders shutout with his five-yard score midway through the third quarter, the first touchdown of his career. The Cardinals' more established pass catchers Marquise Brown and Zach Ertz proceeded to take the game over from there on out, but Dortch has now posted solid production on top-notch usage each of the past two weeks. He should sneak back into the WR4/5 mix for Week 3 against the Rams.
Sep 18, 2022, 9:14 PM ET

Jumping on the wagon. Rondale still hurt. DHop not back for another few weeks. Let's see what this kid can do.

I'm putting him in my flex this week too. Over Hardman, Damien Pierce, and Dobbins (still not sure if he even plays).

Any keeper/dynasty value (i.e., after Moore & Hopkins are back)? He's basically the same size as Moore.

Any keeper/dynasty value (i.e., after Moore & Hopkins are back)? He's basically the same size as Moore.
I don’t get the love for Moore. As someone who bought the hype after week one last year I watched him do jack **** all season except the boom bust roller coaster, a very poor man’s Hollywood. Dortch has been more productive and more consistent than Moore could ever dream of.

Why does everyone assume Moore is going to be something special?

Do they play different roles? I thought both were slot guys.

I don’t get the love for Moore. As someone who bought the hype after week one last year I watched him do jack **** all season except the boom bust roller coaster, a very poor man’s Hollywood. Dortch has been more productive and more consistent than Moore could ever dream of.

Fair point on Moore. But even if he's not "something special", the Arizona WR group is going to get crowded when he and Hopkins are both back.

Basically an extension of the run game at this point. Kyler ain't running and rather get the Low ADOT and boring targets to Dortsch. Nothing special here...not a bad flex in the mean-time in ppr formats.

Basically an extension of the run game at this point. Kyler ain't running and rather get the Low ADOT and boring targets to Dortsch. Nothing special here...not a bad flex in the mean-time in ppr formats.
Yes I don't think he has much value once Hopkins comes back and Moore and Green won't help either. But for another 2 weeks, he's got WR3 upside at the flex. He's had 13, 15 and 17 in my league.

Moore didnt play the slot before, but with the exit of Kirk, was expected to this season.

It seems his production is better than what Moore did last year. How do you keep this guy on the bench?

Yes I don't think he has much value once Hopkins comes back and Moore and Green won't help either. But for another 2 weeks, he's got WR3 upside at the flex. He's had 13, 15 and 17 in my league.
I agree for the short term.

It happens that I'm in tank-uh, rebuild mode in my contract league, so don't really care about this year. Got a trade offer of him for my Jamaal Williams who's on an expiring contract. If Dortch isn't going to have future value, then it feels like selling light on Williams, who could be valuable to a 2022 contender.

Greg Dortch (back) was limited in Thursday's practice.​

Back-to-back limited tags have the slot receiver's status in some question for Week 4, but Dortch is probably on the optimistic side of questionable. Dortch has turned 23 targets into 198 yards and a touchdown in the early going and could have FLEX value with A.J. Green (knee) likely out.
Sep 29, 2022, 3:56 PM ET

Greg Dortch (back) will play Week 4 against the Panthers.​

After limited sessions to start the week, Dortch got in a full practice Friday and was left off the final report. Dortch has churned out a 20/198/1 line through three games. The possible return of Rondale Moore (hamstring, questionable) could cut into his role, but A.J. Green (knee) will sit and Marquise Brown showed up on the injury report Friday with a foot issue. Those injuries could keep Dortch in the targets this week.
Sep 30, 2022, 6:11 PM ET

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said there was "optimism" Greg Dortch (thumb) could play in Week 14 against the Patriots.​

Without Dortch and Rondale Moore in Week 12, Arizona ran the ball 34 times against the Chargers and had Robbie Anderson (three targets) operating as the primary third receiver. Dortch would likely take snap slots for the majority of the time with DeAndre Hopkins and Marquise Brown outside if he was cleared and Moore did not make it back.
SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter
Dec 6, 2022, 3:45 PM ET

Greg Dortch caught 10-of-11 targets for 98 yards in the Cardinals' Week 16 overtime loss to the Buccaneers, adding three carries for 25 yards.​

Dortch was the preferred target of fill-in quarterback Trace McSorley in the latter's first NFL start, pacing the team in receiving and finishing behind only lead running back James Conner in total touches. The usage was particularly interesting considering both DeAndre Hopkins and Marquise Brown were healthy for the contest. Dortch remains a difficult start for fantasy managers in championship week.
Dec 26, 2022, 12:55 AM ET

Anybody else "doing the Dortch" in the Ship today?

11 targets and 3 carries last week, so McSorely seems very comfortable/confident with him. He's my Hopkins replacement.

Anybody else "doing the Dortch" in the Ship today?

11 targets and 3 carries last week, so McSorely seems very comfortable/confident with him. He's my Hopkins replacement.
I was strongly considering over Alec Pierce. But do you really want to rely on David bough?
Thanks for reminding me about Bough. I was thinking of subbing Dortch for Meyers.

I'm hoping for a lot of low yardage receptions, starting over Slayton and Thielen FWIW.
Fwiw, I need a home run so I put him in over Pierce, Campbell, Chris Moore and Isaiah McKenzie. Not exactly a stack of studs there.

I'm rolling with him. Didn't have a whole lotta choices to replace DHop with the free agent pool bare. No, not excited about Bough....but the Dortch has some quicks and elusiveness in space, and hopefully will get a lot of dump-offs like last week.

Any life here? I didn't see the game but I'm desperate for a WR in a 16 team league
Looked like he was getting throws that went to Moore last week so it's really hard to tell. When Wilson comes back I don't think he'll be a factor due to limited snap count. Receiving options at that point are Brown, Wilson, Moore and McBride with Conner out of the backfield.

Oof. Big fat zero for the first half. Now the rain is coming. What a bad pickup but that's what happens when everyone is on bye this week.

Users who are viewing this thread