What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalin Hyatt, NYG (1 Viewer)

Interesting guy. Blazing speed. Ran a 4.31 40 at some point.

Had 5 TD’s on Bama.

He’s done a lot of his work out of the slot. Though, it seems like more and more fantasy relevant guys in the NFL are playing out of the slot.

The articles Faust posted say UT schemed him open a lot. And when you watch his highlights, it’s a lot of him getting behind the defense.

Will he translate to the next level? He’s got the speed. But we’ve seen plenty of fast guys not become fantasy producers.

PFN Fantasy Football @PFNFantasy
No. 19 Jalin Hyatt, WR, @Vol_Football

“He’s got the size (6’1″ and 180 pounds), wheels, and body of work worthy of a high-end draft pick in the 2023 dynasty rookie rankings.” 📈

Full Rankings: bit.ly/3l9IyMZ

NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
Jalin Hyatt said he is targeting to run a “4.29” in the 40-yard dash next month at the NFL Combine.

Only 16 players in NFL Combine history have run faster than that 😳

FBG rookie guide came to the same player comp as me - Will Fuller
A healthy Will Fuller is potentially a very good NFL/fantasy weapon
I think a healthy Will Fuller is Hyatt's absolute ceiling. Some lower-end comps, imo, are Travis Benjamin, Markus Wheaton, Dede Westbrook and Mecole Hardman.

Hyatt became Hooker's go-to receiver in the absence of Cedric Tillman this season, but there is concern that Hyatt is a one-year wonder. I honestly have some concerns that Hyatt's game will not easily translate to NFL success. He benefitted from Huepel's offensive design which schemed Hyatt open. I love the speed and ball tracking ability, but Hyatt's route tree is limited, and I have not seen the physicality to suggest he can overcome concerns about his size. There is also some concern that Hyatt is primarily deployed deep by an NFL team, but never gets the volume to become a PPR fantasy asset.

Really starting to warm up to both Hyatt and the QB he worked with, Hendon Hooker. If the Giants can't get the WR they want in the 1st round I can definitely see them nab Hyatt in the 2nd. I've seen mock projject Hyatt as a 1st rounder but that seems aggressive to me?

Straight line guy only with no route tree. He will be over drafted in both NFL and fantasy.
I realize the OC did him major kudos with designed schemes for Hyatt & Hooker, but if Tenn OC can do it, why not NFL OC even better?

Straight line guy only with no route tree. He will be over drafted in both NFL and fantasy.
I realize the OC did him major kudos with designed schemes for Hyatt & Hooker, but if Tenn OC can do it, why not NFL OC even better?
Just saying there’s no proof of a route tree as of today. I suppose he could improve that. It’s a red flag is all.
NFL WR Gauntlet—> Hutchinson looked smooth but announcer was saying Hyatt has a “full route tree” and can play anywhere. Don’t know if reality but something to consider

Will probably be over drafted by me, cause I do stuff like that. I kinda like him.
I am less excited about fantasy, and more about him being a true deep threat, and what that could mean for teams that don't have it now. Doubt he's ever a 100 catch guy, but everyone needs deep speed

Just saying there’s no proof of a route tree as of today. I suppose he could improve that. It’s a red flag is all.
NFL WR Gauntlet—> Hutchinson looked smooth but announcer was saying Hyatt has a “full route tree” and can play anywhere. Don’t know if reality but something to consider
Read up on him and you will understand what I mean

Will probably be over drafted by me, cause I do stuff like that. I kinda like him.
I am less excited about fantasy, and more about him being a true deep threat, and what that could mean for teams that don't have it now. Doubt he's ever a 100 catch guy, but everyone needs deep speed
Ruggs and Reagor anyone? And from a few years ago Desean Jackson.

Matt Miller @NFLDraftScout

Just wait until today's workout is over. Hyatt has been slept on for far too long. He's the real deal.

Junior He runs 3 routes @robo8936

Matt Miller @NFLDraftScout
Scouting is looking at what a player CAN do and understanding what he was ASKED to do. They're not mutually exclusive.

DK Metcalf ran three routes in college. Learning a bigger route tree isn't hard.

I'm surprised he only hit a 4.41.

Not to poopoo on it. It's a good time. I just thought he was going to be 4.2's-4.3's

I'm at the point of someone else can have him in the 1st round.

If I had to pick a couple guys likely to bust--he's near the top of the list.

I'm at the point of someone else can have him in the 1st round.

If I had to pick a couple guys likely to bust--he's near the top of the list.
I agree. Too “limited” for me to take Top 15 pick (Rookie 1QB 12 Team).
I see too much the OC/Hooker impact and not especially skilled or talented

Next Gen Stats @NextGenStats
Tennessee wide receiver Jalin Hyatt leads his position with an 87 overall draft score entering the 2023 NFL Draft.

The 2022 Biletnikoff Award winner ranks in the top three of athleticism score (86, 3rd) and production score (88, 2nd) among wide receivers in this year's class.

Jalin Hyatt had a reputation as a deep threat in Knoxville, averaging 18.9 yards per reception in 2022.

He validated that reputation at the 2023 NFL Combine, reaching the 3rd-fastest top speed (24.29 MPH) of the 208 players who were tracked during the forty-yard dash.

Giants selected Tennessee WR Jalin Hyatt with the No. 73 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

A freshman non-factor under lame duck coach Butch Jones in 2020, Hyatt (6’0/176) suffered through an injury-marred 2021 under Josh Heupel. Then he put everything together in Heupel’s RPO/play-action heavy spread in 2022, exploding for 67/1,267/15 en route to first-team All-American honors. Hyatt is something of a tough eval because he’s a speedster who tested “slower” than expected at 4.40 while much of his college film features him running in wide-open space thanks to Heupel’s beautifully-designed offense. He also bombed his agility drills in the pre-draft process. Hyatt does ramp up quickly, creating space both deep and at the short-to-intermediate levels. He is a very dangerous man in the manufactured touch department. Still five months shy of his 22nd birthday, Hyatt has the makings of a classic boom/bust prospect at the NFL level. Given the Giants' embarrassment of riches exclusively at slot receiver, Hyatt may struggle to earn a significant role as a rookie. Still, if he lives up to his potential, he will be New York's most explosive wideout.
Apr 28, 2023 at 9:48 PM ET

I said it in the Draft thread and in the Giants Team thread, I'd rather they took Tillman. I mean the value of getting him in the 3rd is fantastic but boy he reminds me of slower Will Fuller and that's not good. But basically all he has to do to be a successful pick is be better than Darius Slayton, which shouldn't be that difficult. Between him, Wan'Dale and Saquon the Giants have a number of guys you can manufacture touches for with bubble screens/tosses and the like, which I hope opens up the short-game offense.

I thought he was going to be very overrated going into rookie drafts. Maybe he won't be. As a 1st rounder in rookie drafts, I want no part of him. He should fall to at least the 2nd. He's in a spot to get a lot of snaps. Not super confident he'll be a hit, but going mid to late 2nd, the gamble feels more worth it.

He may be a one trick pony, but it is a real good trick.
It will be interesting to see if he can’t run the complete route tree or was that simply something he wasn’t asked to do at Tennessee because of the offense.
Either way his speed on the field should help open up things underneath for Waller and maybe take the safety out of the box and help Saquon.

I'm a believer. I think he can run routes better than he has been given credit for. He has an elite trait. He tracks the ball well and has soft natural hands.

Daniel Jones is a pretty good accurate deep ball passer. The other Giant wide receivers seem to have different traits than Hyatt. Slayton has speed but struggles to catch the ball. I see an immediate role for Hyatt in the Giant offense. Will Fuller/Ted Ginn Jr. with better hands what is not to like? My only knock on him and its nick picking that he only had one season with high production at UT but man what a season to have that kind of production and in the SEC no less. He does not lack confidence either.

Users who are viewing this thread