What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jared Bernhardt, ATL - Makes 53-man Roster (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Interesting story. Bernhardt, who caught the winning touchdown against the Lions the other night, was the Division I lacrosse player of the year for Maryland as a senior in college. He had used up his lacrosse eligibility, so he transferred to Ferris St. as a QB, where he led them to the Division II national championship.

Last edited:
Wow Belichick has to be fuming he missed out on this guy.

No kidding...BB loves lax and out-of-nowhere players, and he somehow misses out on Bernhardt who is an all-world lax player...just another example that BB may be losing his fastball.

Maybe .1 or .01 or .001 percent thinking about it.

Yeah, that's got to be more than even a one percenter. That's about one in ten million. Imagine the percentage of that. That's freakish.

Won the Tewaarton, and left Maryland as their all-time leading scorer for a career and a season...goes to Ferris State wins a D2 National title as their QB, wins D2 player of the year than makes the jump from 1 year of D2 football to the NFL at a different position...as you said that is much more than 1 percent.

I was shopping around the 53 man rosters tonight to fill some freshly-opened spots on my dynasty team and learned about this guy. Very interesting story. I decided to take a flyer on him because his story is so compelling. Lacrosse player turned QB turned NFL WR. I'm not going to say he's a lock for pro success, but it's amazing to switch sports, switch positions, and still lock down a spot on an NFL 53 on your first try. That indicates unreal innate athletic talent.

Reminds me a lot of the Drew Bennett story. Bennett was a multi-sport star in high school who was lightly recruited despite a lot of raw talent. Walked on as a QB at UCLA and eventually won the starting job. Lost the starting QB job and converted to WR for his last year or two, where he was stuck behind two guys with bigger reputations (Brian Poli-Dixon and Freddie Mitchell). Got a UDFA invite to Titans camp, won a roster spot in a crowded WR room, and eventually had some success for them.

Maybe this Bernhardt is cut in a month and never heard from again, but looking across the landscape of random dart throws, his story is more intriguing than the usual Cinderella. Maybe this is an Antonio Gates, Tyreek Hill, or Drew Bennett deal where the college career and circumstances really obscured a special talent. Makes you wonder where he would've been drafted if he played 3-4 years of SEC football.

I was really doing this for the human football aspect rather than the fantasy aspect, but now that foxco and EBF have weighed in, why not ponder?

Users who are viewing this thread