What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (3 Viewers)

Julio Jones (hamstring) is questionable for Week 10 against the Saints.

Jones reportedly tweaked his hamstring at Thursday's practice and failed to participate altogether on Friday. Truly questionable for Sunday's contest against New Orleans, Jones' absence would equate to more attention (and likely Marshon Lattimore) on A.J. Brown, who has seen at least nine targets in every game over his last four starts and is a WR1 regardless of Jones' outlook. The veteran is a risky WR4/5 if active.

SOURCE: Around The NFL on Twitter

Nov 12, 2021, 4:35 PM ET

Titans placed WR Julio Jones (hamstring) on injured reserve.

Jones' hamstring reportedly tightened again at the end of the week. With 21 catches for 336 yards and no touchdowns across six appearances this year, the Titans are slowly understanding why the Falcons were willing to move on from 32-year-old Jones for only a second- and fourth-round pick. Jones can be dropped in re-draft leagues since he won't return until after Tennessee's Week 13 bye.

SOURCE: Tennessee Titans on Twitter

Nov 13, 2021, 4:34 PM ET

Does Julio have any value in a keeper league? He's on the waiver wire in a couple of mine and while I can't see starting him this year, I wonder if the name value alone wouldn't make a healthy Jones worth having next year.

Does Julio have any value in a keeper league? He's on the waiver wire in a couple of mine and while I can't see starting him this year, I wonder if the name value alone wouldn't make a healthy Jones worth having next year.
I picked him up as an end of bench stash in redraft.  Can do worse.

With reference to "name value", I assume you think you can trade him...  I don't see much value until he can prove to be productive and relatively healthy.

Julio has always had a healthy YPC, which usually makes for a lower catch percentage, but he has the highest catch % of all WR's on the team.  No WR has really stepped up to fill Julio's shoes, so he should come back to a healthy share of targets.

Julio has always had a healthy YPC, which usually makes for a lower catch percentage, but he has the highest catch % of all WR's on the team.  No WR has really stepped up to fill Julio's shoes, so he should come back to a healthy share of targets.
When can he come back? Next week? Hopefully he’s startable because I’d have to if he comes back next week. Yikes. 

When can he come back? Next week? Hopefully he’s startable because I’d have to if he comes back next week. Yikes. 
Julio is eligible to return week 14 and AJ Brown is eligible to return week 16.  If Julio can come back healthy, he will be a sight for sore eyes for Tannehill.  

Wasn't Jones having a crappy year before the injury?
At this juncture, Henry and Brown are not available so it isn't the same situation.  He had flashes... it always boils down to health for Julio.  I think the is worth a pick-up in redraft as waivers are bare.  My other comments about a low trade value were meant as a keeper/dynasty comment.

Titans designated Julio Jones (hamstring) to return from injured reserve. 

The last we saw Julio, he caught four passes for 35 yards in a Week 7 win over the Rams. He's been on injured reserve since November 13 with a hamstring injury that seemingly never heals. Besides a 128-yard outing against the Seahawks in Week 2, Jones has offered exceedingly little fantasy production. In a Tennessee offense with the NFL's lowest pass rate over expectation, Jones is at best a low-end WR3 option in Week 14 against the Jaguars. The team could hold him out until the following week against the Steelers. 

SOURCE: Ben Arthur on Twitter 

Dec 6, 2021, 12:17 PM ET

Stashed him.

Is it possible that he helps someone down the stretch here?

If he's healthy and active he should not viewed as merely a stash.  If these things are in place he likely can and will help teams starting this upcoming week and continuing for as long as he can remain healthy. 

In a league that starts three receivers I’ll most likely start him with Waddle on bye; and hope for the best. 

If he's healthy and active he should not viewed as merely a stash.  If these things are in place he likely can and will help teams starting this upcoming week and continuing for as long as he can remain healthy. 
Outside of week two 128 yard game, he has basically sucked ever since and before the hamstring injury.  He's no better than a WR 3, but I can see teams having to start him with the week 14 byes.  No guarantee he comes back week 14 either.

Outside of week two 128 yard game, he has basically sucked ever since and before the hamstring injury.  He's no better than a WR 3, but I can see teams having to start him with the week 14 byes.  No guarantee he comes back week 14 either.
He’s not been healthy, simple as that 

Not so sure we can blame the entire year on that.  Perhaps he has crossed that imaginary line we speak of so often.
Well you seem pretty comfortable box score scouting and assuming health had no impact and that's not how I see it.

Health and the ancillary impact of it not allowing him to practice when he's on a new team have by far been his obstacles to success, in my opinion. 

I don't know if he's healthy now but he's had a month off and they could have kept him on IR longer so I'd be optimistic if I owned him-which I don't anyplace that really matters.

Well you seem pretty comfortable box score scouting and assuming health had no impact and that's not how I see it.

Health and the ancillary impact of it not allowing him to practice when he's on a new team have by far been his obstacles to success, in my opinion. 

I don't know if he's healthy now but he's had a month off and they could have kept him on IR longer so I'd be optimistic if I owned him-which I don't anyplace that really matters.
I would be more leery about Julio's return if someone had stepped up.  Besides AJB and Julio there have been 9 different WR's who have logged snaps with the team, and who has stepped up?

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine - Had a great week 11, but overall, has 25 catches on 405 snaps
Chester Rogers - 20 catches on 359 snaps, and his usage has been all over the place, in small amounts
Dez Fitzpatrick - just a placeholder, active the last 3 games only
Cameron Batson - a few snaps in games 3 thru 5, then placed on IR
Josh Reynolds - perhaps, but he moved on to DET
Marcus Johnson - will miss the rest of the season on IR
Mason Kinsey - a FA who played 3 snaps in week 7
Racey McMath - played a few snaps in the first 4 games, but no catches
Cody Hollister - out of desperation, he played in week 12

With AJB not returning until week 16, if Julio is healthy enough to play for the next few weeks, he should see a decent amount of targets.  I wouldn't be dropping anyone of importance for him, but if he is on your wire, he will be the top pickup in week 15 if he can produce.

This is where I'm at... he's making coin on the Josh Gordon hype plan at this stage.
Are we living on the name, or does he still have something to show us?  I really don't know, but that is why I love dynasty.  To figure out these sort of things.  If there was ever a definition of dynasty leagues, it is all about replenishment at the right time. 

Are we living on the name, or does he still have something to show us?  I really don't know, but that is why I love dynasty.  To figure out these sort of things.  If there was ever a definition of dynasty leagues, it is all about replenishment at the right time. 

I'm often critical of people who continue to hang onto big names.  I doubt anyone thinks he's not lost at least a little off his game but the Julio I saw in 2020 was someone performing at a very high level when he was actually able to get on the field and did so despite dealing with hamstring issues. We have seen players just fall off a cliff but typically declines are more gradual and again the guy I saw in 2020 was still a high level player, just not what he used to be. He's been hard to judge this year because he's just not looked right from a health angle but again I think it's unlikely he just fell off that much from last year in terms of ability.

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine - Had a great week 11, but overall, has 25 catches on 405 snaps

He's someone I considered when mulling over if Julio can return and put up helpful fantasy stats. As in if  this guy can do it then surely Julio can.

Julio can still play and has upside next week. I'd start as a wr3 if he shows full practice health. He can still play and has the smarts / instincts 

Picked him up a couple weeks ago as a stash. Had my eyes on this particular week since my M. Pittman is on bye. Will slot him right in if he's practicing and active. 

in my decades old redraft, the winning bid for Julio was $3.

Amon-Ra went for $4 and KJ Osborn $12.

#disrespect

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a good feeling about Julio ROS. Dropped Calvin for him (surprised that I landed him with WW 6 of 10). Fingers crossed he can stay healthy and dominate a stretch run thru the finals.

Julio Jones (hamstring) practiced again on Thursday. 

We won't get an official status report since Jones technically remains on injured reserve, but this is truly excellent news, as it means he bounced back well from Wednesday's session. We might not get official word until the Titans have to make a final decision on activation Saturday, but Jones appears to be on the right side of questionable to suit up against the Jags. The re-injury risk will be palpable, but in a down week for the position, Jones can be trusted as a WR3 in an offense that desperately needs his targets. 

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter 

Dec 9, 2021, 2:47 PM ET

I’m along for the ride in 3WR. Been streaming the 3rd all year with Ridley and AB out. 

Same here. Except now I have to decide between Van Jefferson or Julio in that spot. Going up against Cook (had KJ) and wondering what to do.

Julio Jones (hamstring) remained sidelined for Tuesday's practice.

With back-to-back absences to open the week, Julio is not expected to suit up on Thursday night. Nick Westbrook-Ikhine saw a team-high seven targets with Jones injured in Week 15 and will again be leaned on if A.J. Brown is not activated from injured reserve.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Dec 21, 2021, 5:26 PM ET

Julio Jones caught a seven-yard pass in the Titans' Week 16 win over the 49ers. 

Returning from his third setback to a hamstring injury he first suffered in Week 3, Jones' first quarter reception was his lone target of the night. Jones was the wind sprinter as a returning A.J. Brown gobbled up a career-high 16 targets. Too frequently injured and quiet when he has played, Jones has given zero indication he will post anything of fantasy substance in Weeks 17-18. The only positive thing we can say is that he now has 10 days to rest his balky hammy before a tough date with the Dolphins.  

Dec 23, 2021, 11:45 PM ET

Titans placed Julio Jones on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Titans also added WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, OLB Bud Dupree, and CB Buster Skrine to the list. A.J. Brown saw 16 targets versus the 49ers last week while Jones and Westbrook-Ikhine were both active. He may just set the record for targets in a game if neither player is activated before Tennessee faces the Dolphins on Sunday. Chester Rogers is in line to start opposite Brown but remains off the fantasy radar.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 27, 2021, 4:22 PM ET

I’m more concerned that AJ is next on this list when it’s too late for him to be taken off it. If Julio and Westbrook have it odds are pretty good AJ has it too.

I hope he stretches constantly for the next month- dinner table, in the shower, while the car is warming up, always be stretching.

He's so ordinary playing with soft tissue injuries and like he puts a cape on when he doesn't have them

Julio Jones caught 6-of-7 targets for 62 yards in Tennessee’s Divisional Round loss to the Bengals.

The Titans ran the gamut of what it means to roster Julio in only his first year with the organization, seeing him spike a season-high 128 yards in Week 2 and fail to eclipse 65 receiving yards in any other game. Per usual throughout his 11-year career, the 32-year-old only made 10 appearances due to multiple ailments including a stint on Tennessee’s short-term injured reserve. The Titans can save $1.1 million by releasing Jones this offseason but that may not be in the cards since Ryan Tannehill, Derrick Henry, and A.J. Brown all remain under contract for at least one more year. Regardless, Jones should be ignored until the later rounds of fantasy drafts this summer since his outlook is not expected to drastically improve after finishing as the WR73 in fantasy points per game.

Jan 23, 2022, 4:06 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread