What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR K.J. Osborn, NE (1 Viewer)

K.J. Osborn caught 7-of-9 targets for 76 yards in the Vikings' Week 1 loss to the Bengals.

Nine targets may end up as a season-high for Osborn when all is said and done but he has clearly cemented himself as the WR3 in Minnesota. Chad Beebe was placed on injured reserve prior to final roster cuts, ending his season before it began. Beebe only managed 20 catches for 201 yards in that role last year but the losses of Kyle Rudolph and Irv Smith could make the job more valuable this year. 

Sep 12, 2021, 7:10 PM ET

K.J. Osborn caught 5-of-6 targets for 91 yards and a touchdown in Minnesota's Week 2 loss to Arizona.

Osborn put the Vikings on the board first, separating for a 64-yard touchdown on play-action to take a 7-0 lead behind his first career score. The fifth-round rookie also came up big late, making a diving catch on the team's final drive to put Greg Joseph in position for a (missed) 37-yard field goal. Osborne quietly leads Minnesota in receiving yards through two games (167), likely convincing coach Mike Zimmer to continue using 11 personnel as the team's base package moving forward. Osborn should (surprisingly) be considered a real WR4/5 threat for deeper leagues, especially in Week 3 against Seattle.

Sep 19, 2021, 7:54 PM ET

Love this guy.  Much love for the Buffalo players in the pros.  Hard worker, doesn't have all of the classic measurables but dude is a player.

Thoughts on him today with Cook banged up and in a game that’s looking like a shootout? I have a Roladex at WR3 with Jeudy out and I’m considering him over the likes of Waddle, Mooney, Shenault and Patrick. Surprised he’s not getting more buzz this week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
K.J. Osborn caught both of his targets for 26 yards in the Vikings' Week 3 win over the Seahawks.

Osborn's hot start to the year ended with a five-percent target share in Seattle. Unsurprisingly, the second-year receiver finally took a backseat to Adam Thielen and Justin Jefferson, who both scored. Osborn also gave up targets to tight end Tyler Conklin, who earned eight looks in the passing game. Osborn can be held onto in deeper leagues but is too risky to consider starting in Week 4.
The relationship between Conklin's production and Osborne is noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
K.J. Osborn caught 3-of-7 targets for 26 yards in the Vikings' Week 4 loss to the Browns.

Osborn has back-to-back 26-yard scoreless games after going a combined 12-167-1 on 15 targets Weeks 1 and 2. Osborn is the fourth option in the Vikings' low-volume offense, making him nothing more than a low-floor WR5. He'd be a name to watch if either one of Adam Thielen or Justin Jefferson gets hurt.

K.J. Osborn caught 1-of-2 targets for 20 yards in the Vikings' Week 9 loss to the Ravens. 

Osborn has ceded most middle-of-the-field targets to Tyler Conklin over the past few weeks. That continued Sunday against Baltimore, as Conklin led the Vikings with seven targets and Osborn's lone catch came on a scramble drill by Kirk Cousins late in the first half. Osborn has precious little fantasy value as long as Conklin is serving as the Vikings' No. 3 pass game option. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Where are we at with this guy? Starting him with Thielan out? Went 4 for 47 yards 1 TD last game against the Lions. 

As of now, I'm going to start him, but I dont have many options either. Hoping for at least a similar stat line as last week against Lions. 

I am always leery of starting Thursday night offensive fringe players.  Those games are typically ugly offensively and the fringe guys suffer.  I think he is a solid play but gets a big negative for it being Thursday.

Threw a claim in on him to keep him away from my opponent; seems a decent bet for numbers this week with thicken (ok phone I’m leaving it) out.

More curious if there’s any long-term upside here. Thielens contract doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere for a year or two at least so you’d be betting on decline

Picked him up and he's on the active roster in a must win situation.  Deebo and Julio are the other options but I doubt word will come down for those guys soon enough to bench KJ. 

So now the question needs to be Osborn or Guyton?
I personally believe Osborn is the better play, even with the WR troubles for the Chargers.  Ekeler might get 20 targets in this game.  I don't think I can trust Guyton in an important fantasy game.

I personally believe Osborn is the better play, even with the WR troubles for the Chargers.  Ekeler might get 20 targets in this game.  I don't think I can trust Guyton in an important fantasy game.
I think Osborn gets more volume and is a more complete WR. FWIW, he has a higher pff grade 61 to 53. 

7/76-Wk 1

5/90/TD-Wk 2

6/78/TD-Wk 6

4/47/TD-LAST WEEK

On 29 Targets he compiled 22/291/3TDs and did it pretty steady, nothing that says "Take that 1 catch away" and I think he should be open tonight with Jefferson drawing much of the attention. 

Want to play him, just not sure over Van Jefferson or Renfro -- Can't remember the last Thurs game that worked out for me --

I'm debating between Osborn and Landry... not exactly a confidence-inspiring situation....
Landry has maybe had 1 game on the level Osborn has produced. I listed the totals he has produced in his 4 games where he saw 29 targets total...how many targets is Osborn a s a rookie going to see behind JJ and Thielen all year plus Kirk "He's with us" Cousins throwing the football you never know what horrific play will limit your opps. Stil a better option than Baker Mayfield I would say. 

But I understand, the Ravens are running Ronald McDonald and The Hamburgler out there at DB and Landry is the best Cleveland has at WR...I get it. Think long and hard about it. 

Landry has maybe had 1 game on the level Osborn has produced. I listed the totals he has produced in his 4 games where he saw 29 targets total...how many targets is Osborn a s a rookie going to see behind JJ and Thielen all year plus Kirk "He's with us" Cousins throwing the football you never know what horrific play will limit your opps. Stil a better option than Baker Mayfield I would say. 

But I understand, the Ravens are running Ronald McDonald and The Hamburgler out there at DB and Landry is the best Cleveland has at WR...I get it. Think long and hard about it. 
He's been hurt a good chunk of the season, and now doesn't have OBJ to share targets with.  He still lacks a receiving TD on the season.  The positive for me is that I don't really need to win this.  At this point it's just jockeying for playoff seeding, and I don't know if I'm better off winning or losing.

I grabbed him as my WR6 this week just to keep him off someone else's roster, could even release him right before kickoff if I really don't think I'll use him. 

The reason I am more inclined to keep him is that Thielen IMO is likely to miss a couple games and Osborn has looked pretty good in limited numbers of snaps, targets, etc...however you slice it, Osborn had had games you would be fortunate to get from a starter way ahead of him in projections. 

Tonight is not a slam dunk and TNF seems to bring out the worst some weeks for stats but most things would point to him having a decent tonight. 

I saw a floor of 5/50, they gotta have this game tonight or its curtains for the Head Coach as early as Friday Morning, don't kid yourself. They are running Kubiak's offense and I think he is still working as a consultant of sorts and so i could see him assuming controls for the last 4 weeks just to see what happens for the off season.  

He's been hurt a good chunk of the season, and now doesn't have OBJ to share targets with.  He still lacks a receiving TD on the season.  The positive for me is that I don't really need to win this.  At this point it's just jockeying for playoff seeding, and I don't know if I'm better off winning or losing.
In the same boat. Already in. No byes to clinch. It's all random each week anyway. 

plus Kirk "He's with us" Cousins throwing the football you never know what horrific play will limit your opps.
I think Kirk Cousins has helped his team this year more than hurt them. He's been better than some of the QBs that are considered elite.

I think Kirk Cousins has helped his team this year more than hurt them. He's been better than some of the QBs that are considered elite.
12-16 as a Starter 2020 and 2021, I'm not saying you're wrong or nothing, and it was more of a lighthearted joke, I sure hope you haven't put the Hex on him tonight 😆

PPR would you play Osborne over Gallup?

Ha, I just went through lineups and had to make that call in 4 leagues.

I wish I could help,  really not sure, I split it up and went 2-2. 

Sometimes when I'm this close I'll look for the smallest stuff to sway me one way and if I absolutely had to decide on one I'd take Gallup in part based on fact good chance Pollard is not playing or limited and they don't or can't hand off to a worn out ailing Zeke.  Minny on a Thursday night game with both backs playing might run it 30 times.

Surprised by all the ppl starting Osborn over Gallup. I also had the same dilemma, although it was moreso start Osborn in case Melvin Gordon doesnt play. I personally never considered starting Osborn over Gallup, as this game tonight could be a bit ugly plus the brutal thurs night whereas I expect the DAL game to be high scoring or at worst them playing catch up mode.

Kenny Powers said:
Surprised by all the ppl starting Osborn over Gallup. I also had the same dilemma, although it was moreso start Osborn in case Melvin Gordon doesnt play. I personally never considered starting Osborn over Gallup, as this game tonight could be a bit ugly plus the brutal thurs night whereas I expect the DAL game to be high scoring or at worst them playing catch up mode.
Appreciate the kind words

Picked up Osborn with Keenan Allen questionable to play. Had Van Jefferson but thought he was a risky play MNF. Had an extra roster spot so took up KJ and hit. I also have Dalvin Cook which means I had a great night. Good match ups this week and if I win and the guy above me loses I sneak into the playoffs. Free league so I''m kind of hoping he wins and I can win the losers bracket and get first pick. Our league screwed up on our keeper league and not everyone kept the required players so some of the managers got FREE Extra Picks and It screwed up everyone else. 

Either way I was one of the teams who followed the rules but I was more screwed based on players not playing well beginning of the year and some bad match ups where the guys I played had their best week for their team and I'd beat others that week. Just bad luck all around this year. More PO'd with my $100 play in league Scoring is real whacked wasn't told it was $100 till the draft and keep 2 players and depending where you had those players you keep you lose that pick. Not sure if I''m gonna play in that league next year but win and I'm in. if I win maybe I stay or top 3. 

K.J. Osborn caught 3-of-9 targets for 81 yards and a touchdown in Minnesota's Week 14 win over Pittsburgh.

It wasn't exactly efficient, but Osborn was able to dial up a 62-yard touchdown on a play where he was able to create just enough separation from Cameron Sutton one-on-one. Osborn's back-to-back solid fantasy performances in relief of Adam Thielen put him in line for WR3 consideration against the Bears in Week 15 if Thielen's ankle continues to keep him out. 

Dec 10, 2021, 12:10 AM ET

The thing i took away last night was there was more on the table and we know Thielen is likely to miss multiple games from early reports. I'd like to see Osborn get another crack in the starting line up but it should be noted 3 for 9 is not a good ration and some fo the throws were off but I also felt he played a part in one of the interceptions and that won't help in the film room and game planning...but he is a rookie and quite sensational. You can line Osborn, Thielen and JJ in 3-Wide Sets, it's almost not fair. Dalvin Cook is your SuperBack, how in hell's bells does this team ever lose a football game?

Users who are viewing this thread