What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (2 Viewers)

Man I don't know what I'm gonna be doing here with this guy. The league where I nabbed him I also have MVS. I may start both and just hope that one of them has a great game and the other does OK at worst. I am also targeting Pacheco in this same league so hoping for lots of points the next few weeks out of the KC O.

OH and I have Mahomes in that same league. LOL

Man I don't know what I'm gonna be doing here with this guy. The league where I nabbed him I also have MVS. I may start both and just hope that one of them has a great game and the other does OK at worst. I am also targeting Pacheco in this same league so hoping for lots of points the next few weeks out of the KC O.

Not Toney-related, but your post reminds me of that time in the late 1990s where you could cruise to the playoffs if you could manage to stack Jeff George, Tim Brown, and Napoleon Kaufman of the Raiders.

Chiefs beat writer was on local radio while I went and grabbed my lunch. He thinks Toney will emerge as the #1 this year. He just does stuff that the other receivers can't do. And if Smith-Schuster is out this week Toney could really bust out.

Also, Mahomes had a comment in his presser after the game basically saying "since he's gotten here Toney is in the building as much as I have."

If I had Toney he's an every week must start in fantasy. Just my opinion.

Another point the beat writer made was that when Toney was drafted he got drafted by a regime that was pretty much on their way out. And then a new regime comes in and seemingly doesn't have interest in using him. So maybe the fact that the Chiefs wanted him and brought him in and made him feel wanted is what will make the difference.

And the fact that the Chiefs are a pretty professional organization from top to bottom will enable them to really unlock this guy. The Chiefs may have found another Tyreek.

Not Toney-related, but your post reminds me of that time in the late 1990s where you could cruise to the playoffs if you could manage to stack Jeff George, Tim Brown, and Napoleon Kaufman of the Raiders.
That's an oddly specific memory.

Just trying to understand how much of Toney's "break out" was due to JSS leaving the game and how much of it appeared to be designed?
Same plus his TD was a busted coverage, sort of lucky if you will. Most of us could here could have scored on that play.

I for one have no intention of putting him in a lineup this week if both JSS and Hardman are active. Not sure yet what I'll do if just one is out.

Just trying to understand how much of Toney's "break out" was due to JSS leaving the game and how much of it appeared to be designed?
I think he was more a direct replacement of Hardman, no?

Yeah, not sure, which is why I posed the question. I don't closely follow their games so was just concerned it was related to JSS, who might even play this week. Come to that, both could end up playing right?

Same plus his TD was a busted coverage, sort of lucky if you will. Most of us could here could have scored on that play.

I for one have no intention of putting him in a lineup this week if both JSS and Hardman are active. Not sure yet what I'll do if just one is out.
I heard a stat that it was the most separation from nearest defender on a TD reception since they began tracking it.

I heard a stat that it was the most separation from nearest defender on a TD reception since they began tracking it.
Heard the same, was over 20 yards of separation. Toney was the 4th or 5th read on the play and Mahomes said he knew he was open when he heard Toney shouting "HEY".

I'd have honestly felt better about Toney if he was a primary read on the play. Take that fluke score away and the narrative surrounding him and an 11 point fantasy game would look a lot different. Add in he was a distant third in snaps without JSS or Hardman and I think people are jumping the gun on him being in any kind of must start status. I think I said this before but if both JSS and Hardman are playing he's a must not start for me, need to see more. Love him btw, but when everyone is healthy I still think he's crowded out of a regular role. More of a pick your spots kind of guy is how I view the Chiefs mainly utilizing him.

I get the concerns but now Theres another full week of him learning, he put good film on tape, and the coaches can actually prepare and use him in the game plan. He has almost no choice but to play a major role in next weeks game. The injuries (or risk of reinjury) of the other players are forcing the coaches to use toney (one would think.) toney will practice the game plan while the others are probably still healing. You can bet your *** hardman will do what he can to get back out there but will risk reinjury. Juju has a more stable role than hardman so I can see him taking a week off due to concussion

The why isn’t important… watch the film. Juju or MVS don’t make that sideline grab, and Mahomes probably doesn’t even bother making that attempt to either one of them.

The why isn’t important… watch the film. Juju or MVS don’t make that sideline grab, and Mahomes probably doesn’t even bother making that attempt to either one of them.
I have no reason to accept that as an accurate assessment. Mahomes pump faked the CB out of position, which led to a penalty on the CB, and both DBs were still out of position when the ball got there. It is very likely he would have thrown that ball to any receiver in that position.

I have no reason to accept that as an accurate assessment. Mahomes pump faked the CB out of position, which led to a penalty on the CB, and both DBs were still out of position when the ball got there. It is very likely he would have thrown that ball to any receiver in that position.
You're not accepting that he threw the ball to Toney while double covered? Cool. Who cares?

You're not accepting that he threw the ball to Toney while double covered? Cool. Who cares?
No, I am not accepting your suggestion that Mahomes wouldn't put that ball up to JJ, MVS or any other receiver on the roster.

Hardman not yet practicing, JuJu in concussion protocol and now MVS out of practice today with an illness. Toney, Watson and Skyy Moore I believe are only WR's able to practice today.

I had him but had to drop in a short bench league to cover for Kyler. So bummed as I think he is only going to get better every week.

Alright I'm biting. After loosing Kupp looking for some upside. Just picked up K Toney. So far he's on the bench, but if too many KC WR's are out, he could see a start this week. Also picked up Pacheco in another league for the 3rd time this year and now he likely starts in the Flex this week.

For this season, I think Toney will need to rely on Hardman and Schuster injuries to see enough snaps to be fantasy relevant. Next year? Look out. I know Toney is viewed as a head case, but the talent is there. An analyst said that Toney is easily the most talented WR on KC - and I don't disagree.

I'm curious what was so horrible for him with the NYG. I can understand if he clashed with Judge, plenty did, but he had an opportunity for a fresh start with Daball.

I'm curious what was so horrible for him with the NYG. I can understand if he clashed with Judge, plenty did, but he had an opportunity for a fresh start with Daball.
How much is it really a fresh start when they were shopping him this off-season?

What’s hilarious is the only team where I roster Toney is one that I’m in total rebuild and WANT to lose. So I’m keeping him on the bench, but I’ll have popcorn in hand, hoping he blows up and shows some consistency with this great opportunity.

How much is it really a fresh start when they were shopping him this off-season?
IIRC, they started shopping him when he refused to show up for offseason activities.

When reports came out he was available in a trade I know I recall Ian Rappaport saying he's been available for "some time". And here a Giants beat writer states him not showing up for workouts was not the reason.
https://twitter.com/DDuggan21
@DDuggan21

Apr 26

The Kadarius Toney trade rumors didn't start just because he skipped the start of the voluntary program. There have been concerns within the organization since last year about his level of commitment

Whether you believe any of these reports or not I'm saying if a team is putting you on the trade block because you missed voluntary workouts after getting a knee procedure done then you never had a fresh start.
https://twitter.com/DDuggan21

Last edited:
I'm pretty desperate for WR so Toney is my WR2 behind Sutton. Yuk. It's him or Samuel of WAS.

Please heal up Jamar Chase. i NEED you.

The Universe is begging people to start Toney this week.

At the risk of being Debbie Downer, this is absolutely just going to lead to like a 30-point Kelce week, isn't it?

Perhaps... but, I am forced in to starting Toney because I traded Higgins away this week for a package containing Waddle and already have Godwin on a bye. I'm kind of glad I won't be able to watch Sunday evening, but I'll definitely be recording the game just in case :-)

The Universe is begging people to start Toney this week.

At the risk of being Debbie Downer, this is absolutely just going to lead to like a 30-point Kelce week, isn't it?
No, because that wouldn't be unexpected. The Universe has a more twisted sense of humor than that, so I'm thinking Skyy Moore or Justin Watson with the 30 point game.

Users who are viewing this thread