What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (2 Viewers)

What’s hilarious is the only team where I roster Toney is one that I’m in total rebuild and WANT to lose. So I’m keeping him on the bench, but I’ll have popcorn in hand, hoping he blows up and shows some consistency with this great opportunity.
This is such a poor way to play. I get the logic but you should still be trying to put your best starting team on the field for other people in your league. I would be pissed if I was in your league.

The Universe is begging people to start Toney this week.

At the risk of being Debbie Downer, this is absolutely just going to lead to like a 30-point Kelce week, isn't it?
No, because that wouldn't be unexpected. The Universe has a more twisted sense of humor than that, so I'm thinking Skyy Moore or Justin Watson with the 30 point game.
In that case, it'll be 4 TD's for CEH out of nowhere.

In all seriousness, I do wonder if Skyy Moore could have a decent week if he actually gets snaps. He's looked solid whenever he gets on the field.

Week 11 Fantasy Football Stats Notebook: Why Kadarius Toney is set up for success vs. Chargers

Excerpt:

The Chiefs are dealing with a ton of injuries in their wide receiver room. This is huge news for fantasy football managers looking for Week 11 sleepers at receiver with so many big names on a bye.

Kadarius Toney was targeted on 50 percent of his routes in the second half of Week 10. His snap rate was pretty static, 42% in the first half and 48% in the second. He was just much more involved after JuJu Smith-Schuster left the game. That’s great news for Toney’s prospects in Week 11. The fact that Mecole Hardman is now on IR is a bigger and more long-term needle-mover.

Toney is still not there as a technician but the Chiefs seem ready and willing to work around that. He averaged just 7.0 air yards per target but earned 7.8 yards after the catch per reception. That’s what you need to do with Toney; get him out in space and let him cook.

It’s not hyperbole to say Toney has a truly rare ability to win in the open field.

The Chiefs had been using Hardman in this exact way. He had even become a key piece to their red-zone package as a rusher on stretch runs and jet sweeps. Toney is even more dangerous in space.

JuJu has been ruled out for Week 11 against the Chargers. With both him and Hardman out of the lineup, Toney is a priority — but it’ll be interesting to see if Skyy Moore gets into the mix, too.

What’s hilarious is the only team where I roster Toney is one that I’m in total rebuild and WANT to lose. So I’m keeping him on the bench, but I’ll have popcorn in hand, hoping he blows up and shows some consistency with this great opportunity.
This is such a poor way to play. I get the logic but you should still be trying to put your best starting team on the field for other people in your league. I would be pissed if I was in your league.
It’s Toney or Joshua Palmer in my flex. It’s not like I’m full on tanking or anything.
my lawyers will be in touch…

Gotta get him into the lineup, right. Start 3 WR's (Kupp-out, Hopkins, Higgins, and..... Toney or Garrett Wilson. I keep seeing G Wilson with higher rankings. Sometimes ya gotta go with the lower ranked projected player. As far as Flex likely neither one is above A Gibson, maybe D Swift.

It’s Toney or Joshua Palmer in my flex. It’s not like I’m full on tanking or anything.
I never like to give advice, just info. I believe K Allen and M Williams are scheduled to play, which would relegate Palmer back some. And with Hardman on IR, JuJu likely out, ummm... hello Toney. Who really knows? I just think this Sunday night game could have some fireworks and fun to watch with a good amount of scoring opportunities.

I never like to give advice, just info. I believe K Allen and M Williams are scheduled to play, which would relegate Palmer back some. And with Hardman on IR, JuJu likely out, ummm... hello Toney. Who really knows? I just think this Sunday night game could have some fireworks and fun to watch with a good amount of scoring opportunities.
Patrick and Justin have played 4 games against each other. The total points scored from most recent to first are: 51,62(O.T.),54 and 43. With Patrick winning 3 of the 4. That's an average of 52.5 ppg. So you would expect some "fireworks".

Patrick and Justin have played 4 games against each other. The total points scored from most recent to first are: 51,62(O.T.),54 and 43. With Patrick winning 3 of the 4. That's an average of 52.5 ppg. So you would expect some "fireworks".
Fireworks as in some amazing plays, which end in TD's or long gains. Lets give them each 4 total by ground or air. Upscale type of game with lots of plays. Not many punts at all.

Dang. If I really wanted to lose, I should’ve started Toney over Palmer.

The point wasn't the actual outcome. The point is you played a player you thought would score less in an attempt to try and lose. This is about intent and your intent is the issue.

The point wasn't the actual outcome. The point is you played a player you thought would score less in an attempt to try and lose. This is about intent and your intent is the issue.
I bleepin get it. Just trying to have some fun, you know, on a fantasy football board.
point is.…we have no freakin clue. close your eyes. Throw some darts. Hope for the best.

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so much hype on this guy. How many good games did he really have with the Giants? 2? maybe 3? Before he got hurt.

It seems to me - and I could be wrong - that the hype far, far outweighs what he's actually done.

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so much hype on this guy. How many good games did he really have with the Giants? 2? maybe 3? Before he got hurt.

It seems to me - and I could be wrong - that the hype far, far outweighs what he's actually done.
He was a rookie last year. Watch his college film. He's electric.

He was a rookie last year. Watch his college film. He's electric.
But he's really done nothing at the NFL level aside from a few games to warrant such hype, IMO. He's only had one or two games where he flashed but has been an injury machine since, IIRC.

Again, I could be wrong but it just seems like the hype doesn't match the small sample of what we've seen. Then again, I'm a fatty sitting on a couch so what do I know?

Public sentiment on this guy so interesting. Draft day, he had no stans, I mean NONE. Had a big game for the Giants, and suddenly a bunch of people were optimistic (most likely because they got him cheap).

Gets traded to the Chiefs, and people go insane.

Public sentiment on this guy so interesting. Draft day, he had no stans, I mean NONE. Had a big game for the Giants, and suddenly a bunch of people were optimistic (most likely because they got him cheap).

Very polarizing player, but many that are bullish were likely that way long before he showed out in the NFL. i know I was. His college tape is something to behold. He has size and some of the most electric cutting ability I've ever seen. The potential to be a star is there, but it takes more than raw physical talent to succeed long term in the NFL. Dante Pettis is a player that routinely puts highlight reel plays on tape, but never seems to get over the hump to be a consistent producer. Brandon Lloyd is another name that comes to mind with crazy physical skills, but no real consisentcy outside his one anomalous year late in his career. Yet neither can hold a candle to Toney's raw talent IMHO.

Toney's certainly someone I don't mind stashing. KC is a perfect place for him to be IMO, not just because of Mahomes, but because of their culture. If anyone can help get him to the next level it's them. Odds are he never amounts to anything, but if it ever "clicks" for him his skillset is 2nd to none. He's a rare talent.

His story is far from a conclusion, but it's funny watching guys on both sides run victory laps after everything good or bad he does or doesn't do.

Bye week fill-in failure. I should've snagged Hollins lol. Back to waivers with this guy. Let someone else sweat that boom/BUST razor's edge

Forget public sentiment and just read what Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes were saying about him this week. Acting like everyone in this thread was out on a huge limb is intellectually dishonest.

LOL. I hate this game.
We had a guy in our 14 teamer who started Perine (also started Mixon) due to injuries and byes. He won his game by 10. Guy he beat shot me the "I hate FF" text this morning lol

Yeah, Toney looked like a great start. A lot of us set aside the "made of glass" narrative thinking the new team would magically make him healthier. Feel for those who fired him up this week with great expectaions.

But hey, he only had 6.3 less than Justin Jefferson :wall:

Acting like everyone in this thread was out on a huge limb is intellectually dishonest
I thought it was notable that general attitude about him had changed so dramatically. That's it.

Maybe don't apply positions to other people then use big phrases like "intellectually dishonest" when you don't understand their meaning.

Hamstrings can be tricky and can't recall a year I've seen so many fantasy football players want to dump on players that are injured. Surprised we've not seen the "he don't even want to play" guy show up yet.

Hate to see it for Toney and it stung me a lot of places but remain big on the talent and positive vibes of how he's handled himself since the trade. Rick Burkholder is one of the best trainers in the league and I think he'll help Toney come out on the other side of the "injury prone" label.

I thought it was notable that general attitude about him had changed so dramatically. That's it.
Did it? I think everyone understood the risks but saw that he was apparently healthy, recognize he has some ability and was presented with a great opportunity.

Did anyone really think he had already turned the corner or just had the opportunity to?

IMO it was the latter.

LOL. I hate this game.
We had a guy in our 14 teamer who started Perine (also started Mixon) due to injuries and byes. He won his game by 10. Guy he beat shot me the "I hate FF" text this morning lol

Yeah, Toney looked like a great start. A lot of us set aside the "made of glass" narrative thinking the new team would magically make him healthier. Feel for those who fired him up this week with great expectaions.

I don't think there was anything wrong with flexing this guy in the hope he might be about to embark on something good. Where I had a problem was with people benching studs to get him in their lineup. Guy in my league benched Hopkins (albeit he isn't certain to play this week), Sutton and Amari Cooper so that he could shoehorn Toney into his lineup. That type of stuff when it backfires, I have little sympathy.

LOL. I hate this game.

I don't think there was anything wrong with flexing this guy in the hope he might be about to embark on something good. Where I had a problem was with people benching studs to get him in their lineup. Guy in my league benched Hopkins (albeit he isn't certain to play this week), Sutton and Amari Cooper so that he could shoehorn Toney into his lineup. That type of stuff when it backfires, I have little sympathy.
I benched Sutton and, honestly have zero regrets on that. Dude is not an every week lock in lineups. He's a debatable flex option. 5-80-0 is decent but if that's all he can muster against that defense (bottom 10 in every relevant receiving and scoring metric) I doubt he sees my lineup again this season.

It was hardly a stretch to think Toney would get 6 targets and a couple rushing attempts.

LOL. I hate this game.

I benched Sutton and, honestly have zero regrets on that. Dude is not an every week lock in lineups. He's a debatable flex option. 5-80-0 is decent but if that's all he can muster against that defense (bottom 10 in every relevant receiving and scoring metric) I doubt he sees my lineup again this season.

It was hardly a stretch to think Toney would get 6 targets and a couple rushing attempts.

That was kind of my point, there was nothing wrong with flexing Toney within reason, maybe using Sutton to illustrate a mistake was a stretch, though with Jeudy out, reasonable to expect a bigger game from him. Wilson flat out stinks though. Still think benching players like Cooper was silly though.

LOL. I hate this game.

That was kind of my point, there was nothing wrong with flexing Toney within reason, maybe using Sutton to illustrate a mistake was a stretch, though with Jeudy out, reasonable to expect a bigger game from him. Wilson flat out stinks though. Still think benching players like Cooper was silly though.
I have to check but I don't think I recommend anyone bench Cooper for Toney.

LOL. I hate this game.

No no man, I didn't mean you said it. I just meant someone in my league actually did it. Sorry, miscommunication.

Like fajitas at Chili's, or anywhere really but you hear that sizzle as their coming out and the presentation and then they never taste as good as the sizzle sounds and smells as it is being brought out of the kitchen as you start smacking your lips with anticipation for the cheapest lousiest mystery meat.
-Is this what you are trying to tell us? ;)

LOL. I hate this game.

No no man, I didn't mean you said it. I just meant someone in my league actually did it. Sorry, miscommunication.
Not at all, I didn't think you said that, it just got me thinking. You know I make a lot of recommendations every week just going over in my head who I recommended Toney over.

Like fajitas at Chili's, or anywhere really but you hear that sizzle as their coming out and the presentation and then they never taste as good as the sizzle sounds and smells as it is being brought out of the kitchen as you start smacking your lips with anticipation for the cheapest lousiest mystery meat.
This post cried out for a brohans or bromigos or brochachos or a call to action to take something to the bank.

This post cried out for a brohans or bromigos or brochachos or a call to action to take something to the bank.
I'll buy that for a dollar!

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) will not play in Week 12 against the Rams.​

Per Andy Reid, Toney is still dealing with the hamstring issue that sidelined him for most of his time in New York prior to his trade to Kansas City. Toney did not practice at all this week, possibly forecasting a multi-week absence from the speedy receiver. With Toney and Mecole Hardman missing, Justin Watson will step in as the Chiefs' third receiver. He is more of a DFS flier than a season-long option for Week 12.
Nov 25, 2022, 3:16 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread