What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Kadarius Toney is considered day to day with his hamstring injury.​

Toney's hamstring sidelined him for the Chiefs' Week 12 matchup against the Rams and kept him out of practice in the week leading up to the game. Entering Week 13 with a day to day tag feels like a trend in the right direction, but we'll know more about Toney's status when the team releases its first injury report on Wednesday. If he's able to play in Week 13, Toney shouldn't be viewed as anything more than a WR3 in a crowded receiver room.
Nov 28, 2022, 1:10 PM ET

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.​

Andy Reid called Toney day to day earlier in the week, but the speedy receiver looks to be on the wrong side of questionable for Week 13. Toney went down with the hamstring issue in Week 11 and sat the following week. Reid noted today that Toney is improving, but he likely needs a full practice to have a shot at playing. Skyy Moore could continue playing a meaningful role if Toney is out again.
SOURCE: Herbie Teope on Twitter
Nov 30, 2022, 2:07 PM ET

I’m looking forward to the FFPC cut down in March where I hopefully have 14 players more valuable to my team than Toney so I can finally cut bait.

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.​

Andy Reid called Toney day to day earlier in the week, but the speedy receiver looks to be on the wrong side of questionable for Week 13. Toney went down with the hamstring issue in Week 11 and sat the following week. Reid noted today that Toney is improving, but he likely needs a full practice to have a shot at playing. Skyy Moore could continue playing a meaningful role if Toney is out again.
SOURCE: Herbie Teope on Twitter
Nov 30, 2022, 2:07 PM ET
And it’s Groundhog Day

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) will not play in Kansas City's Week 13 game against the Bengals.​

The Week 10 touchdown was nice, but Toney went right back to the hamstring-DNP factory afterwards. He's likely questionable for Week 14 as well. Toney was called "day to day" earlier this week, but with Toney it is always seemingly a week to week proposition.
Dec 2, 2022, 4:00 PM ET

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) will practice Wednesday.​

Toney hasn't played since Week 11 with his latest in a string of hamstring injuries that have plagued him since the middle of the 2021 season. Toney has six receptions on nine targets in three games as a Chief. His absence has made Justin Watson an every-down player in the Kansas City offense. It's hard to trust the perpetually-injured Toney as a fantasy option even in the deepest formats.
SOURCE: Pete Sweeney on Twitter
Dec 7, 2022, 12:53 PM ET

One series at best, then back to glass.
no, I'm sure he'll have a good game since no one can/will start him. Then next week teams will start him and THEN he'll get injured after a few plays.
Totally. He'll be like that cartoon frog that never sings when you need him to, and each owner was glad to be rid of him.
THIS!

Michigan J. Frog 🐸

Practice Day:
Hello, my baby!
Hello, my honey!
Hello, my ragtime gal!

Game Day:
Ribbit! (Pulled a hammy)

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) practiced on Thursday.​

Whether it was a full or limited session remains to be seen, but regardless, Toney has now practiced on back-to-back days. He would be a welcomed addition to the Chief's offense in this week's game against the Broncos, but given his injury history and a crowded receiver room, Toney will be hard to trust even if active.
Dec 8, 2022, 12:57 PM ET

He will play…his Owners will not play him because they rightfully don’t trust him…he has a big day and shows why he should be a stud with at least one jaw-dropping play…his Owners play him next week and he gets hurt in the first quarter and puts up a goose egg in the fantasy playoffs…and so continues the legend of Toney.

He will play…his Owners will not play him because they rightfully don’t trust him…he has a big day and shows why he should be a stud with at least one jaw-dropping play…his Owners play him next week and he gets hurt in the first quarter and puts up a goose egg in the fantasy playoffs…and so continues the legend of Toney.
Fool me once
Fool me twice
Fool me... thrice - nope! Avoid Avoid Avoid. Danger Will Robinson. But, I'll follow along lol

I dropped him for this very reason. I don't know how anyone could trust him in a one and done proposition. I love the talent, though.

One series at best, then back to glass.
no, I'm sure he'll have a good game since no one can/will start him. Then next week teams will start him and THEN he'll get injured after a few plays.
Totally. He'll be like that cartoon frog that never sings when you need him to, and each owner was glad to be rid of him.
had him last year and he flamed out at the end of the year. targeted him in all drafts and got him in 2 of 3, rinse/repeat. Drop him and feel great, chiefs trade for him and I pick him up again. I’m a sucker for the upside and the price but he’s such a headache…they seem to like him, it’s the best passing offense in the league adn they can use some high end talent which he has.

Chiefs WR Kadarius Toney (hamstring) will not play in Week 14 vs the Broncos.​

Toney was close to returning this week but will be held out another game. The absence opens up more snaps and targets for Marquez Valdes-Scantling in a projected blowout against the Broncos. Toney's next chance to return to game action will come in Week 15 vs the Texans.
SOURCE: theScore.com
Dec 10, 2022, 11:55 AM ET

This maybe a sign of maturity for him...in the past he would be a game-time decision or try to play than re-aggravate an injury...it is very polite of him to give us a day's notice he will be letting our fantasy teams down again...bay steps!

I don’t know why but I’m constantly amazed that it doesn’t improve. I keep expecting it to turn the corner but it never happens.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kadarius Toney (hamstring) is expected to be active for Sunday's game against the Texans.​

Halley's Comet has arrived. Active just five times all year and only three times since arriving in Kansas City in late October, Toney has not played since Week 10. Especially with Mecole Hardman (abdomen) working his way back from injured reserve, the Chiefs have struggled for quality receiver targets behind JuJu Smith-Schuster, but it is impossible to believe Toney will be returning to enough snaps against the Texans to make a WR4 difference. Perhaps he will have some juice for Week 16 if he proves his health and makes a few splash plays in the process against the Texans.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Dec 18, 2022, 12:15 AM ET

Kadarius Toney (hamstring) is active for Kansas City's Week 15 game against the Texans.​

He's startable in a FLEX spot, but with Mecole Hardman coming back he probably won't be a fantasy playoff fixture this year. DT Chris Jones, questionable with an illness, is also active. Inactive for the Chiefs are five healthy scratches: QB Shane Buechele, DE Joshua Kaindoh, T Geron Christian, T Darian Kinnard, and DE Malik Herring.
Dec 18, 2022, 11:33 AM ET

Picked him up but not starting him. We'll see. This was probably more of a defensive move on my part so none of my opponents would get him and bite me in the rear-end.

Kadarius Toney had one catch for five yards in Kansas City's Week 15 win over the Texans.​

With Mecole Hardman looking likely to be back next week, it's hard to even recommend Toney to the desperate. His 4/57/1 game against the Jaguars is looking more and more like the outlier every week. Toney looked fast and spry, he just didn't receive much opportunity to actually do anything.
Dec 18, 2022, 4:58 PM ET

What are thoughts on him for 2023?

I owned him last year and have followed him this year. I get that he’s a pain/tease. Has loads of talent but also doesn’t have his head on straight and gets injured a lot or says he’s injured.

Does he get a larger role next year in KC? Does a full training camp help get him more involved next year? I thought JuJu and MVS are free agents and the Toney trade was more for 2023 and beyond.

I have a chance to basically pick him up off the scrap heap in my keeper league next year. Just wanted to get a sense of what people think about him in 2023. Thanks.

I owned him last year and have followed him this year. I get that he’s a pain/tease. Has loads of talent but also doesn’t have his head on straight and gets injured a lot or says he’s injured.

Does he get a larger role next year in KC? Does a full training camp help get him more involved next year? I thought JuJu and MVS are free agents and the Toney trade was more for 2023 and beyond.

I have a chance to basically pick him up off the scrap heap in my keeper league next year. Just wanted to get a sense of what people think about him in 2023. Thanks.
I think you answered your own question.

His old team knew his talent and was happy to let him go. Near zero reliability.

I think he's worth a pick up at this point just in case he surprises and blows up in the playoffs.

If you've got a guy you know you're not going to be keeping anyway, it's probably worth a swap as everyone watches playoff games and overreacts to players that have a big game in them, especially youngish ones with potential (Gabe Davis, Santonio Holmes, Deion Branch, etc).

I'd pick him up. Might even show you enough in the playoffs to give you a great feeling for the off-season.

But what you are saying about the full training camp, the full off-season, working with one of the best trainers in the league. I think all of these things will help.

Does he get a larger role? Probably, it's there for the taking but expect a lot of changes to the Chiefs WR group. I believe only WR's under contract are him, Skyy, Watson and MVS and MVS contract was always designed as pretty much a year to year team option.

As for his head being on straight I've not heard any issues since he got the Chiefs, just a problematic hamstring. I don't believe he lacks intelligence or awareness of his situation. As in he understands how rare it is for a first round pick to be traded in year two, that he's landed in a great situation for a second chance and understands the make or break nature of his situation.

I have no idea if he can ever stay healthy and available. That's going to be the key to it all. Everything else is just background noise.

A lot of talent but a big-time headache, no way I would rely on him...that being said he is absolutely worth a pick-up and a spot at the end of your bench...he is in a fantastic spot and IMO he is worth riding out until the first few games next year to see if it finally clicks...at that point if it doesn't you cut him and move on...but if it does the upside is pretty high and he will only be 24 in January....the key is have no expectations so when the inevitable issue pops up you won't be disappointed.

In a dynasty/keeper league, if he’s on the waiver wire you kind of have to add him to see what happens in playoffs and off-season. Only reason not to is if your entire roster is filled with studs and “sure things”

Kadarius Toney caught all four targets for 71 yards in the Chiefs' Week 17 win over the Broncos.​

Toney continued to play behind both Juju Smith-Schuster and Marquez Valdes-Scantling but paced the team in yardage in large part to a 38-yard reception in the second quarter down the right sideline. It will be interesting to see what happens to Toney's situational role once Mecole Hardman returns, who had been the primary schemed usage option on the offense prior to injury.
Jan 1, 2023, 5:36 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread