What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kavontae Turpin, DAL (1 Viewer)

This kid scored 2 touchdowns today on KR and PR.
Watching on NFL network, I was like "Wow".

Watch his college highlights. Yikes
See my name above. I am a huge horned frog fan and watched him play in person every home game while he was at TCU.

The kid was special then and could single-handedly change the course of games with his return game. Was also great on the field.

He’s going to be fun to watch. And if the cowboys get creative on the offense I think he can see some action there as well.

See my name above. I am a huge horned frog fan and watched him play in person every home game while he was at TCU.

The kid was special then and could single-handedly change the course of games with his return game. Was also great on the field.

He’s going to be fun to watch. And if the cowboys get creative on the offense I think he can see some action there as well.
Dude, this kid is CRAZY. Like Chris Johnson crazy.
If you play team Defense, you have to have Dallas on your team. This guy will win weeks.

Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Kevonta Turpin was arguably the most talented player in the USFL. Maybe his size was a question, but his ability wasn't... his past with domestic violence is difficult to stomach.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Was arrested in 2018 while at TCU for assault, causing bodily harm and what he did to his girlfriend was horrifying. Then it was discovered he had a bench warrant out in New Mexico for the same thing, simply didn't report to court. He didn't play another game for TCU.

Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Kevonta Turpin was arguably the most talented player in the USFL. Maybe his size was a question, but his ability wasn't... his past with domestic violence is difficult to stomach.
Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Was arrested in 2018 while at TCU for assault, causing bodily harm and what he did to his girlfriend was horrifying. Then it was discovered he had a bench warrant out in New Mexico for the same thing, simply didn't report to court. He didn't play another game for TCU.
Objection: Irrelevant.

If we had to weed out every POS that played in the NFL, we'd have a MUCH shorter list.

Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_

If we had to weed out every POS that played in the NFL, we'd have a MUCH shorter list.
Yes and no. He’s worked his way back and maybe he’s changed. However, most NFL players are fine upstanding citizens. We shouldn’t generalize the behavior of a handful of criminals on to the ranks of thousands of current and former players. Now a reason it is relevant for fantasy is this guy has zero room for error. One misstep in his private life and he’s likely out of the league.

Not irrelevant to everyone. Just like with Deshaun Watson, part of playing fantasy football means you get to be the GM. And for sure, Watson is far from the only guy in the league with issues.
Absolutely agree. I don't like how easily we turn a blind eye on our own, individual sense or morality just to gain an advantage in magic football. Worse is how we do it in other, more consequential aspects of our lives.

Absolutely agree. I don't like how easily we turn a blind eye on our own, individual sense or morality just to gain an advantage in magic football. Worse is how we do it in other, more consequential aspects of our lives.
I think the other aspects of our lives part is really important here.

I get the idea of refusing to draft players with problematic backgrounds but it also has no consequence for the player. Turpin will never know you or your fantasy league ever exist. It seems a bit like being a fan of art but refusing to look at Caravaggio paintings because he was murderer and degenerate criminal. It provides no consequence to him at all. Though, I suppose if you take a stand and explain it t others, it could trigger them to do some exploring of their own world views and actions.

I think the other aspects of our lives part is really important here.

I get the idea of refusing to draft players with problematic backgrounds but it also has no consequence for the player. Turpin will never know you or your fantasy league ever exist. It seems a bit like being a fan of art but refusing to look at Caravaggio paintings because he was murderer and degenerate criminal. It provides no consequence to him at all. Though, I suppose if you take a stand and explain it t others, it could trigger them to do some exploring of their own world views and actions.
It's not really about punishing the player though, I just view these situations as the trailhead at the top of the slippery slope.

Dude, this kid is CRAZY. Like Chris Johnson crazy.
If you play team Defense, you have to have Dallas on your team. This guy will win weeks.

I was all set to move on from Dallas in a dynasty league (regression is coming, etc) but now there is no chance of that. I'll hold and see if how they do for a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread