What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Lance McCutcheon, LAR (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
Seems to be a crapshoot behind the top 2.

McCutcheon caught five of six targets for 87 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 29-22 victory over the Chargers. He also added a two-point conversion reception.

ANALYSIS
Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic noted that McCutcheon has been soaking up knowledge from Cooper Kupp and Allen Robinson in meeting rooms, and the undrafted free agent put that to good use Saturday. Bryce Perkins hit McCutcheon on the left sideline in the second quarter, and McCutcheon put on the burners and juked safety JT Woods to notch a 60-yard touchdown. McCutcheon added an 11-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter to put the Rams up for good. While a roster spot may still be tough to find with a talented group of receivers in front of him, McCutcheon's stock is certainly trending up with this performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the game (SoCal native) and came away impressed. When I first saw him, though, I thought he was pretty big for a WR. I thought he was a TE.

Looked up his stats and he's 6'3", 200+.

If Van Jefferson's injury is significant and Tutu Atwell is just too small, maybe McCutcheon makes a name for himself.

Worth a shot in dynasty formats, maybe.

Dropped James Proche for McCutcheon this afternoon. Hoping to see some stock rise tonight.

Regarding Lawrence McCutcheon, I lived in Southern California back in the 70s. Vaguely emember a road trip back from Lake Cachuma to Oxnard listening to a Rams/Vikings game on the radio. I think both teams were undefeated (7-0, maybe). To hear it on the radio, it was an epic battle of McCutcheon vs Chuck Foreman.

Maybe the rams will have excellent luck with these big sky conference receivers, he could be the next cooper kupp!

Second straight big game

August 20, 2022

McCutcheon secured five of six targets for 96 yards in Friday's 24-20 loss to the Texans. He also lost a fumble.

ANALYSIS
McCutcheon continued a breakout preseason with another big day, nearly cracking the century mark in yardage, but on the last play of the game, he couldn't make it out of bounds on a catch-and-run from Bryce Perkins and wound up fumbling to seal the win for the Texans. McCutcheon also showed a good rapport with John Wolford, connecting with him on a pair of lengthy receptions in the first half, and the preseason dynamo has forced himself into the conversation for securing a roster spot with one more chance next Saturday against the Bengals to showcase his talents.

Dropped James Proche for McCutcheon this afternoon. Hoping to see some stock rise tonight.

Regarding Lawrence McCutcheon, I lived in Southern California back in the 70s. Vaguely emember a road trip back from Lake Cachuma to Oxnard listening to a Rams/Vikings game on the radio. I think both teams were undefeated (7-0, maybe). To hear it on the radio, it was an epic battle of McCutcheon vs Chuck Foreman.
I had to check because I'm OCD like that and I think you're combining memories. They met undefeated (6-0 each) in the regular season 1973 but McCutcheon didn't play.

It does look like there was an epic playoff game in 1976 where Foreman went 15-118-1 with 5-81 receiving and McCutcheon went 26-128-1 with 2-18 receiving. Minnesota won 24-13 :kicksrock:

I had to check because I'm OCD like that and I think you're combining memories. They met undefeated (6-0 each) in the regular season 1973 but McCutcheon didn't play.

It does look like there was an epic playoff game in 1976 where Foreman went 15-118-1 with 5-81 receiving and McCutcheon went 26-128-1 with 2-18 receiving. Minnesota won 24-13 :kicksrock:
Yeah, not surprised at all that I conflate my memories. I can barely find my car in a parking lot these days. Living in the SoCal area at that time I was exposed to a lot of McCutcheon. Still, fun times. I also remember a local radio sports news reporter would say "####out" instead of "shutout."

Yeah, not surprised at all that I conflate my memories. I can barely find my car in a parking lot these days. Living in the SoCal area at that time I was exposed to a lot of McCutcheon. Still, fun times. I also remember a local radio sports news reporter would say "####out" instead of "shutout."
I am of the age that I spend a lot of time thinking about my ####outs. I had a nice ####out this morning. Not too firm, not too loose easy peasy. :toilet:

Users who are viewing this thread