What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Landing Spots Ranked (1 Viewer)

sushinsky4tsar

Footballguy
What are your preferred destinations for the WR rookie class?   There ae a number of teams that I could see making a big play or not even touching the position, so apologies if the below subsets are confusing.   Let me know if I have some of the teams in the wrong category.

Very likely to add WR in the draft

1. GB  WR2    Catching balls from A-Rodg working opposite of Adams.   Don't think it gets any better.

2. TEN  WR2   Working opposite of AJB is a nice consolation prize.

****tier drop***

3. DET  WR1  We can get into a quality of QB play vs. volume debate on this next tier.  However, I think the number of vacant targets makes the Lions a fine destination for your favorite rookie WR.   I could even see Detroit double-dipping into this class.

4.  HOU  WR1  Big question mark at QB.   Seems like the opportunity is there to claim a starting role.

5.  NE  WR1  Maybe BB listens to the scouts this year.   Top wideout is needed.

6.  PHi  WR1/WR2 to work opposite of Raegor.  Hurts will have a lot to say about this one. 

7. KC  WR2   Can certainly make an argument that this role on a Mahomes team belongs at the top of this tier.   I think the Brown trade makes the big WR splash less likely, and there's a lot of other mouths to feed that will be at the top of the pecking order.

8. WAS  WR2  Have to like Fitz and working opposite of McLaurin.  However, maybe Samuel is the #2?

9. BAL  WR1/WR2/WR3  Probably adding something into the mix of Hollywood and Watkins.

**tier drop**

10. CHI  WR2   Probably need to prepare for life without A-Rob.   

11. NO  WR2/WR3  Probably need another developmental WR at minimum.

Somewhat likely to add WR in the draft

1. CIN  WR1/WR2/WR3   This might be a case of Chase or nothing.   Likewise, Pitts probably means no substantial WR investment.

2. NYG WR1/WR2   Seems a bit crowded, but supposedly interest in D-Smith.   This is probably a go big or do nothing.

3. LAC  WR2   They might be okay with what they have behind Allen?   Wouldn't be surprised to see them upgrade.

4. MIA  WR1/WR2/WR3   Maybe another case of Chase or nothing.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them add something.

***small game hunters below this line***

5. CAR  WR2/WR3   Samuel replacement likely?

6. SEA  WR3 / developmental  

7. MIN  WR3 / developmental

Seems crowded, but don't count them out: 

JAX, LV, NYJ, BUF, ATL, ARI, CLE, IND, SF, LAR - 

Jags, Raiders, and Jets could be surprise big game hunters.   The others might be more in the market for depth or developmental pieces.

With the shelf life of wrs I don’t look quite as much at current situation (especially at qb.) Look at aj brown- they had Davis at at and Mariota at qb and some people may have avoided him for that reason. Teams like Detroit Chicago Houston seem like real good places because of the opportunity. Indy/philly as well. But for me, the top spot on the list is the Chargers. Young qb, weak depth chart, Allen getting up there so opportunity going forward will only get better. 

GB and TEN are nice landing spots for floor. If you get their #2 guy, you have a good guy on your roster.  

But if you're looking for a top 8 fantasy WR, you want them to be the alpha male.  

If I own Jamarr Chase, CIN or DET is great.  If Tee Higgins makes you nervous, then you don't believe Chase is as good as advertised.  

GB and TEN are nice landing spots for floor. If you get their #2 guy, you have a good guy on your roster.  

But if you're looking for a top 8 fantasy WR, you want them to be the alpha male.  

If I own Jamarr Chase, CIN or DET is great.  If Tee Higgins makes you nervous, then you don't believe Chase is as good as advertised.  
Absolutely.  I would put Miami in that group as well.

Tennessee has been in the bottom 3 in the NFL in passing attempts each of the last 3 years. Despite the clear path to a starting role I don't agree that it is a good landing spot.

Tennessee has been in the bottom 3 in the NFL in passing attempts each of the last 3 years. Despite the clear path to a starting role I don't agree that it is a good landing spot.
I think people are correct that Detroit is above them, especially if we're talking a true WR1 like Chase.   I can hear Philly, New England, Houston for the open path to WR1, despite the QB question marks.   If NYG / CIN / MIA / LAC take the plunge, they're also in the conversation. 

However, 1400+ yards and 13 TDs are missing from the offense between CD + Jonnu.   We'll see what they do at TE, but I think it's a pretty nice gig if someone like Elijah Moore comes to town.  I can see someone like that adding a little something to the overall pie, with all due respect to Corey Davis. 

**with that said, I'm forgetting the Josh Reynolds signing.   Definitely see him as a WR3, but he'll pick up some of the slack

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see Houston at all. WR is arguably the best position on the team with Cooks, Coutee, and Cobb. Plus, not picking until round 3, they aren't getting anyone even close to as talented as Cooks. With the lack of talent the Texans have across the board, I'd actually be a little surprised if they drafted a WR at all.

In my opinion Philly is the best landing spot, opening for a #1 WR, on a team that has a good OL, and either Hurts pans out, or they end up with a top prospect next year with likely 3 1st rounders.

Good point on Houston.  I forgot that they're still missing all of those picks.   I think the door is open for a top WR prospect to ascend to the top of their depth chart, but not from the 3rd round or later, and we won't even get into how murky the QB situation is. 

Users who are viewing this thread