What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (2 Viewers)

Don't forget they lost all of their RBs last season.
Yeah, that too. Unpossible to forget - Dobbins got hurt literally as my IDP league was drafting. About 11 seconds after the sticker went on the draft board, everyone's phones started buzzing with the update. It was extremely memorable.  :doh:  

Cardinals acquired Marquise Brown and a third-round pick from the Ravens in exchange for the No. 23 overall selection in the 2022 NFL Draft. 

This looks like a move to appease Kyler Murray, who played with Brown at Oklahoma. Brown will no longer be the No. 1 in Arizona, but he might be a better fit as a complement to DeAndre Hopkins in a Christian Kirk-esque role. As for the Ravens, they look ready to make Rashod Bateman their No. 1 following an up-and-down rookie season. He looks like a volume WR2 with the talent upside for more. 

RELATED: 

Rashod Bateman

, Kyler Murray

, Baltimore Ravens

Apr 28, 2022, 9:55 PM ET

About as big of a value bump as he could have gotten. Home run for those that roster him.
Does he see anything close to the 145 targets he had last year?  Obviously he should receive more high value targets with Kyler vs Lamar, but that may be offset due to a decrease in utilization.  Should be an interesting one to watch.  

What's with the value bump? Kyler threw for 900 more yards than Jackson, and he spreads the wealth more than anyone in football. Brown was a target hog last year, maybe wasn't going to be the case in Baltimore this year. But Arizona has just as much if not more competition and Kyler barely made another leap last year. He may just be who he is at this point - Lamar Jackson +. Division is equally as tough.

If you want Kirk stats from last year, sure, maybe a bit more. WR3 seems fine. 

Cardinals exercised WR Marquise Brown's fifth-year option.

The report is simply a formality as Arizona was obviously going to pick up the option on a player they just traded a first-round pick to acquire. Brown's option is worth roughly $13.4 million and will keep him under contract through the 2023 season. Brown joins Arizona as the ideal replacement for Christian Kirk, who was tasked with taking the top off defenses last year. The former Raven achieved his first 1,000-yard season in 2021. He will look to build on that campaign after being reunited with Kyler Murray, who he played with in college at Oklahoma. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 29, 2022, 5:43 PM ET

The Athletic's Jeff Howe believes Marquise Brown "is in line to be paid like one of the best receivers in the NFL."

Howe said the Cardinals will likely be forced into paying up for Brown after the team picked up the wideout's fifth-year option following a draft day trade from Baltimore to Arizona. Entering his age-25 season and coming off a career year in 2021, Brown's long-term extension with Arizona will be highly influenced by massive receiver contracts signed this offseason. It's a big reason NFL observers think the Cardinals lost the Brown trade. Howe said Brown is "on an upward trajectory and should have a greater statistical output in Arizona, particularly once DeAndre Hopkins returns to monopolize the defense’s attention." Brown has a connection with Kyler Murray, Brown's QB at Oklahoma. The Cardinals might feel compelled to offer Brown a generous extension with Hopkins, 30 in June, clearly on the downside of his career. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

May 20, 2022, 9:21 AM ET

I did not like the scheme either.  I remember him getting behind the defense for two very long TDs in his first NFL game, and then nothing but short stuff. It reminded me of Paul Richardson - guy with speed to spare, but always getting targets 8 yards down the field.
I've also seen him get passed the defense and drop two balls in a game.

I am still not sure what this guy is. Career starts with a 4-147-2 game and then that was his peak. I don’t think the BAL offensive scheme or Lamar really ever suited his skillset really well. If I had to bet I would think if healthy he will have his best year this coming year by far. Would love to grab him as a WR3 in redraft.
I've got him at WR20 right now. 

I am still not sure what this guy is. Career starts with a 4-147-2 game and then that was his peak. I don’t think the BAL offensive scheme or Lamar really ever suited his skillset really well. If I had to bet I would think if healthy he will have his best year this coming year by far. Would love to grab him as a WR3 in redraft.
The problem is I think is hell get drafted as a sleeper WR2 in a lot of leagues. He’ll either win a lot of leagues or bury their owner.  

2022 NFL season: One potential first-time Pro Bowler from each NFC team

... "Hollywood" will reunite with former Oklahoma teammate Kyler Murray. They already have quite a rapport established from their Sooner days, and with DeAndre Hopkins facing a six-game suspension, Brown will man a significant role with the Cardinals from Week 1. Perhaps Kliff Kingsbury and Murray can unlock Brown, who's coming off his first 1,000-yard season, in ways the Ravens couldn't. If that happens, we just might see Brown in the Pro Bowl.

I'm a big fan for fantasy. I think the history with Murray helps to some extent. I think Klingsbury will make better use of his skills. He has to improve in some areas, but feels like one of those fresh starts is about to unlock the player.
I drafted Murray in the 6th and wanted Brown in the 7th so bad to create the stack. But he went a few picks before I picked.

I agree… I think Brown is due to pop off.

I actually saw a topic the other day on Reddit on what the cheapest Stack out there was. As in the stack that’s most productive with regards to draft capital required to acquire it. This one was my answer.

He'll do his thing. Arizona throws so much that Brown will either produce or get hurt trying. QB - WR chemistry is more important than people think. I totally wrote off Chase last year and if I had used my brain knowing him and Burrow would have chemistry, I would have had him on a lot more teams than ZERO.

Marquise Brown caught 4-of-6 targets for 43 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 1 loss to the Chiefs.

Brown profiled as a potential target magnet with DeAndre Hopkins (suspension) and Rondale Moore (hamstring) sidelined. It wasn't to be, as Brown led all Cardinals receivers in snaps and pass routes but was out-targeted by unheralded backup slot WR Greg Dortch. Brown managed a touchdown late in the game, with the outcome decided. Brown during his time in Baltimore never profiled as a receiver who could command targets; that continued in Week 1 against the Chiefs. He should continue to be a borderline WR2 play in Week 2 against the Raiders.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Not a dominant week 1 for sure, but I think he'll come around.

Someone who paid more attention would have to tell us, but I'm guessing KC was dropping coverage deep with the lead being so much. Arizona will be in a lot of games where the outcome ins't so one sided, and Kyler will hit Brown over the top quite a bit this season.

Someone who paid more attention would have to tell us, but I'm guessing KC was dropping coverage deep with the lead being so much. Arizona will be in a lot of games where the outcome ins't so one sided, and Kyler will hit Brown over the top quite a bit this season.
I am not giving up on the dream yet either. :)

TD dependent but not many folks who can make it happen on this team. Does AJGreen really play over 80% of the snaps on Offense?

-I looked it up, 48 SNAPS-74%, produced 2 catches for 13 yards...Arizona needs some serious help at their skill positions in order to evaluate Murray, oh that's right they gave him $250M, find him some better more reliable weapons. It's Brown and not much else right now.

@ Las Vegas next week, fun
LA Rams back at home week after that, more fun.

I thought he'd be a Top 15 til Hop got back but it's still crazy to me he's PPR WR9 after 3 weeks as he's left a lot to be desired IMO as a guy that'll soon be wanting to be paid like a WR1.

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Brown (rest/foot) is questionable for Sunday's game in Carolina, Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com reports.
Brown made a sudden appearance on the Cardinals' Week 4 injury report Friday, logging a limited session as he tends to a foot issue. If he's able to avoid the inactive list ahead of Sunday's 4:05 p.m. ET kickoff, he again will be poised for significant volume in a receiving corps that'll be without DeAndre Hopkins (suspension),

Marquise Brown caught 6-of-11 targets for 88 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 4 win over the Panthers.

WR6 (WR8 PPG) year to date. 39 targets last 3 weeks. Two more weeks until the clock strikes midnight & Hopkins comes off suspension.

Marquise Brown had five catches for 68 yards on six targets before leaving for the locker room with an apparent leg injury in Week 6 against the Seahawks.

Brown went up to fight for a jump-ball in the fourth quarter. When he came down, Seattle corner Tariq Woolen rolled up on his leg. Brown had to be helped off the field by multiple trainers. With the Cardinals all but done in this game, Brown will be held out for the remainder of the game. Arizona gets DeAndre Hopkins back from suspension next week. If he returns to a receiving room missing Brown, he will immediately step into WR2-worthy volume.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Damn! He's been a target hog and reliable. Bump Nuk or Rondale? I'd love to see Rondale in a more traditional role.

Hopkins was always going to get a good target share. They probably want to keep Rondale in a similar YAC role and have Robby do Marquise' route tree.

But let's be honest- Kingsbury can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Murray is not complicit in this either.

Damn! He's been a target hog and reliable. Bump Nuk or Rondale? I'd love to see Rondale in a more traditional role.

Hopkins was always going to get a good target share. They probably want to keep Rondale in a similar YAC role and have Robby do Marquise' route tree.

But let's be honest- Kingsbury can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Murray is not complicit in this either.
I hope you are wrong! Let Rondale line up on the outside. Give the guy a chance.

Season not over. At least 6 weeks, but that still leaves plenty of time to be useful, especially to Murray owners. In leagues without IR spots, he's probably not a must hold, but not an auto cut, if you aren't in a bye week crunch, or are off to a 6-0 or 5-1 start.

@RapSheet Pending the second opinion from one of the nation’s experts, Hollywood Brown should land on IR but be back fairly soon. That means AZ should have Robbie Anderson, DeAndre Hopkins, and Brown (and more) for the stretch run.

:lol: Stretch run? They're 0-3 at home and couldn't score an offensive touchdown against arguably the worst defense (Seahawks/Lions) in the league.

Outside of 2nd half comebacks (where they had 2 16-point 4th quarters vs Carolina/Vegas), this offense has looked horrific and would be looking at an 0-6 start.

Lost to both divisional foes so far and next to no chance they leapfrog all 3 ROS IMO

@RapSheet Pending the second opinion from one of the nation’s experts, Hollywood Brown should land on IR but be back fairly soon. That means AZ should have Robbie Anderson, DeAndre Hopkins, and Brown (and more) for the stretch run.

:lol: Stretch run? They're 0-3 at home and couldn't score an offensive touchdown against arguably the worst defense (Seahawks/Lions) in the league.

Outside of 2nd half comebacks (where they had 2 16-point 4th quarters vs Carolina/Vegas), this offense has looked horrific and would be looking at an 0-6 start.

Lost to both divisional foes so far and next to no chance they leapfrog all 3 ROS IMO
This

I hear ya, but a lot can change in 6 weeks. I mean, we all had the Giants and Jets being a combined 9-3 through 6 weeks right?

A couple positives I can say about Arizona, is the defense is playing pretty well, at least points wise. Haven't allowed more than 23 points in any game except KC. Even though they lost both games, both LA and Philly were winnable. That's been the closest the Eagles have come to losing actually.

While 2-4 isn't ideal, its somehow not only 1 game out of 1st, but also 1 game out of the #3 seed. Obviously, not saying they'll get there, but its a little soon for doom and gloom I think, they aren't Carolina or Houston.

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Marquise Brown (foot) is out indefinitely and will miss at least a month.​

The update from Kliff comes after Brown got a second opinion on his foot injury. It also lines up with a report from NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that said Brown would miss six weeks. Rapoport also noted that Brown wouldn't need surgery. DeAndre Hopkins will take Browns' place in the lineup until he returns. Hopkins is back from his suspension and should immediately step into a sizable role on Thursday versus the Saints. He projects for WR2 numbers for Week 7.
SOURCE: Jose Romero on Twitter
Oct 19, 2022, 3:45 PM ET

Cardinals placed WR Hollywood Brown (foot) on injured reserve.​

He'll be out for at least four weeks, and Arizona Cardinals' official website writer Darren Urban notes that "the timeline is expected to be longer than that." Add it up and Brown may not make much of an impact until December. He had 43 catches for 485 yards and three touchdowns in the first six games of the season before the injury. DeAndre Hopkins will likely slide right into a huge target role in his first game back from suspension tonight.
SOURCE: Arizona Cardinals
Oct 20, 2022, 4:29 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread