What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mecole Hardman, KC (3 Viewers)

IMO Hardman is basically a slower John Ross but with Mahomes at QB. Guys like this belong in the league but more as a return guy or gadget player not a WR1/2. For me the biggest knock is they play small while similarly sized WR like Tyreek Hill play big, even though they all have elite speed. They are more athletes than football players.

MVS is also more or less a one trick pony but he presents a similar speed profile and he's 6'4". MVS > Hardman
Where's Sky Moore fit in there?

I'd have them MVS > Moore > Hardman

IMO Hardman is basically a slower John Ross but with Mahomes at QB. Guys like this belong in the league but more as a return guy or gadget player not a WR1/2. For me the biggest knock is they play small while similarly sized WR like Tyreek Hill play big, even though they all have elite speed. They are more athletes than football players.

MVS is also more or less a one trick pony but he presents a similar speed profile and he's 6'4". MVS > Hardman
Where's Sky Moore fit in there?

I'd have them MVS > Moore > Hardman
I have it Moore > MVS > Hardman. It's early, but while Moore doesn't have top end speed, he has reliable hands and runs smooth routes. MVS and Hardman not so much. MVS in particular has a career catch % under 50% and that was with Rodgers throwing to him.

Mecole Hardman caught 3-of-6 targets for 16 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 1 win against the Cardinals.

Hardman was used primarily at or around the line of scrimmage. That included his four-yard touchdown reception -- one of five touchdowns thrown by Patrick Mahomes against an odious Cardinals secondary. Hardman ran 25 pass routes against Arizona, eight fewer than Marques Valdes-Scantling and seven fewer than JuJu Smith-Schuster. Hardman's fantasy production will likely hinge on his ability to break long runs after the catch. He can't be started in any fantasy format for now.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Mecole Hardman caught 3-of-4 targets for 49 yards in the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Chargers.​

Hardman was the Chiefs' No. 3 pass catcher in terms of yardage, tying for third in targets on an evening where Patrick Mahomes was really spreading the ball around. Hardman's most notable play was a third quarter target where he was blatantly interfered with and injured his left foot upon landing. After a tape job and some grimacing, he ended up staying in the contest. With six catches through two games, nothing much seems to be changing for Hardman in 2022. He will not be a recommended WR4 for Week 3 against the Colts.
Sep 16, 2022, 12:26 AM ET

Mecole Hardman caught his lone target for two yards in the Chiefs' Week 3 loss to the Colts.

Hardman has seven catches for 67 yards and one touchdown through three games. He's well off the fantasy radar outside of single-game DFS slates ahead of a Week 4 date with the Bucs. Hardman is splitting snaps with guys like Justin Watson, Skyy Moore, and tight ends behind JuJu Smith-Schuster and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

- NBCSportsEDGE

He's my drop this week. Too many WRs on the wire that do exactly what he does or better. Most with more upside. Hardman is Todd Pinkston.

Mecole Hardman caught 3-of-4 targets for 42 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 6 loss to the Bills.

Hardman had a 26-yard catch and a short touchdown grab in the second half while running a route on 45 percent of Patrick Mahomes' drop backs. Skyy Moore and Justin Watson ate into Hardman's routes; Marques Valdes-Scantling and JuJu Smith-Schuster once again saw a full complement of routes. Hardman, who has been somewhat more involved in the KC passing offense over the past two games, remains the third or fourth option in the team's pass-catching pecking order. He should only be rostered in deep fantasy leagues.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Mecole Hardman caught 4-of-4 targets for 34 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 7 win against the 49ers, adding two rushes for 28 yards and two touchdowns.​

Hardman found pay dirt thrice on just six touches. He scored both of his rushing touchdowns on jet sweeps in the red zone, assisted by excellent blocks from KC linemen and tight ends. Hardman ran a route on 57 percent of the team's drop backs; Justin Watson, Marcus Kemp, and Skyy Moore each saw some second half run in three-receiver sets. Hardman's role in the KC offense will be a decidedly precarious one unless JuJu Smith-Schuster or Marques Valdes-Scantling miss time. Don't be fooled by his big Week 7 performance.
Oct 23, 2022, 10:04 PM ET

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Mecole Hardman is dealing with abdominal soreness.​

Hardman won't practice Wednesday but doesn't seem in danger of missing Kansas City's Week 10 matchup against the Jaguars. Hardman is coming off a season-best performance against the Titans. He caught six of nine targets for 79 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 9 win over the Titans, and now has four touchdowns over his past two games. He has established himself as the team's WR2 behind JuJu Smith-Schuster and should be in 14-team lineups this week.
Nov 9, 2022, 1:01 PM ET

Mecole Hardman (abdomen) did not practice Thursday.​

Hardman has now missed back-to-back days with abdominal soreness, but it doesn't appear as if he'll be kept out of Sunday's game against the Jaguars. Entrenched as the Chiefs' WR2, Hardman has caught 13 passes for 153 yards and three touchdowns over the last three weeks, and saw a season-high eight targets in last week's win over the Titans. Assuming he's active, Hardman has some deep FLEX appeal against the Jaguars.
Nov 10, 2022, 1:01 PM ET

Mecole Hardman (abdomen) will not play in Week 10 against the Jaguars.​

As expected after missing all three practices, Hardman will be sidelined this week. Kadarius Toney and Justin Watson will see snap and target upticks in his absence. Neither of them profile as particularly appealing FLEX plays, but the Jaguars aren't a bad defense to target in desperation situations.
Nov 11, 2022, 3:21 PM ET

Chiefs placed Mecole Hardman (abdomen) on injured reserve.​

He'll miss at least the next four games. It all continues to come up roses for Kadarius Toney, who took over Hardman's role last week in Hardman's absence and should be penciled in to do so as long as Hardman is out. Hardman is droppable in redraft leagues without IR spots if you need his roster spot, and there's no guarantee he will get his job back if Toney absolutely crushes it while Hardman is on IR.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 17, 2022, 4:55 PM ET

Hardman is likely back next week, Week 15. Can probably get him for free off of your WW now, but maybe not next week if Andy Reid announces that he’s a starter before your week 15 waivers clear.

He was putting some pretty good weeks together before the IR stint. Might give your WR corps a shot in the arm right as the playoffs begin.

Risky. 4 targets + a-half-a-rush a game this year. Worth it to gamble on a piece of the KC offense compared to other WR2/FLX types?

Risky. 4 targets + a-half-a-rush a game this year. Worth it to gamble on a piece of the KC offense compared to other WR2/FLX types?
Hardman finished as the 32nd, 28th, 3rd and 6th WR in his final four games he played in. I might not start him this week but I sure as heck grabbed him.

Toney’s hamstring looks like it may linger and probably isn’t a threat to Hardman’s PT. What if Hardman resumes those kinds of stat lines in week 15? He’d be an instant start in week 16.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Mecole Hardman (abdomen) is expected to return for Week 16 against the Seahawks after he was not activated for Sunday's game against the Texans.​

Hardman had his 21-day practice window opened three days ago. The Saturday afternoon deadline for Week 15 came and went, but it appears the Chiefs saw what they needed out of Hardman this week to ramp up his activity and get him back in the lineup on Christmas Eve. Although Hardman had a few useful fantasy efforts before going down in early November, Kadarius Toney's addition and the end of bye weeks figure to make him an unappealing WR4 for the fantasy playoffs.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Dec 18, 2022, 12:12 AM ET

Chiefs coach Andy Reid now considers Mecole Hardman (abdomen) unlikely to return for Week 16 against the Seahawks.​

Sidelined since Week 9, Hardman had been considered likely to return on Saturday. "I'm not sure he's where he need to be," Reid said Thursday. It's hard to see Hardman changing that assessment over the next 48 hours, while the 11-3, Super Bowl-or-bust Chiefs have little incentive to rush Hardman's return if he's not ready. His continued absence would be good news for Jerick McKinnon, as well as Kadarius Toney as he seeks more snaps.
SOURCE: Herbie Teope on Twitter
Dec 22, 2022, 2:08 PM ET

Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman (core) is inactive for Week 18 vs the Raiders.​

Hardman returned from IR this week but didn't show enough to be active. A win would give Kansas City a first-round bye, allowing Hardman an extra week to get cleared. Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker (back) is active. In addition to Hardman, Kansas City ruled out QB Shane Buechele, K Matthew Wright, DE Joshua Kaindoh, OL Darian Kinnard, and DE Malik Herring.
Jan 7, 2023, 3:07 PM ET

Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Mecole Hardman (core) is getting better despite being inactive for Week 18 against the Raiders.​

The plan seems to be centered around getting Hardman healthy for the team's divisional playoff game. As the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoff race, the Chiefs get to enjoy a week off before their postseason run officially gets underway. It sounds like Hardman would've had a shot to play in Week 18 if the game were more meaningful, but the Chiefs want to make sure they're at full strength heading into next week. Already on the 53-man roster, we'd expect Hardman to be active for the team's divisional round matchup.
Jan 9, 2023, 2:06 PM ET

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will miss practice and added "It’s not responding the way he wants it to."​

Hardman did not play in Week 18 and it looks like he'll be doubtful for the Wild Card round after a bye week. This is setting up as another week where Kadarius Toney will replace him in Kansas City's sets, which should give Toney some DFS value this week. Hardman has not played since Week 9.
SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter
Jan 17, 2023, 1:04 PM ET

He sure was in fantasy circles. Kind of like CEH.
So many high hopes. So many broken dreams and wet tissues. :cry:

I remember trying to buy on him at one point & the owner not budging/having super high demands. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you can't get done.

He sure was in fantasy circles. Kind of like CEH.
So many high hopes. So many broken dreams and wet tissues. :cry:

I remember trying to buy on him at one point & the owner not budging/having super high demands. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you can't get done.
I remember having the 1.2 in two leagues and in one the guy with the 1.1 took CEH and I took Taylor at 1.2. In the other league the guy with the 1.1 took Taylor and I took CEH at 1.2. I just threw up a little bit in my mouth, excuse me for a minute. Not that I blame anyone taking him at 1.2, but those that took him at 1.1 over Taylor, that has to especially hurt.

Is he still a thing?
Was he ever? :shrug:
He was a thing. I wasn't interested, but got offered him as the next T. Hill for 3 firsts. This was before Hill moved on and there was a slight hope he was good at football. Still I would never assume someone is automatically an all star since he plays on the same team and has speed.
Only 3 firsts? ;)

I rostered Hardman for this off-season in 1 FFPC dynasty league and didn’t have high hopes. Just medium hopes For a startable WR3. I dropped him right before week 1 to get to the roster limit.

Is he still a thing?
Was he ever? :shrug:
He was a thing. I wasn't interested, but got offered him as the next T. Hill for 3 firsts. This was before Hill moved on and there was a slight hope he was good at football. Still I would never assume someone is automatically an all star since he plays on the same team and has speed.
The scheme is the thing. One game it's Hardman, next it's Watkins, then Robinson.
All of those WR's will blow up for 1 or 2 games but finish no higher then WR50,
You do not go past K Toney if your drafting KC WR's for 2023.
Skye Moore is not there yet

Oh I remember the “next Tyreek if Tyreek goes down / leaves” hype.

I assume you did not pay 3 firsts. :)

Skye Moore is not there yet
Sure hoping he might be next year - or at least given a legit opportunity.

I’m not ready to anoint Toney for 2023 either. He’ll have to stay healthy & productive for a decent stretch for me to invest in him next year.

Also worth watching the draft to see how KC invests.

Oh I remember the “next Tyreek if Tyreek goes down / leaves” hype.

I assume you did not pay 3 firsts. :)
he was added to my roster not for 3 firsts but as a waiver additional over a year later.

Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Mecole Hardman (pelvis) "feels better than he did the last couple of weeks" after sitting out all of last week.​

Hardman was held out of the Chiefs' Divisional Round matchup against the Jaguars after being sidelined in practice all week. The hope is that additional rest for Hardman could lead to him being active for the team's AFC Championship game against the Bengals on Sunday. Hardman was not active in Week 13 when the Bengals defeated the Chiefs 27-24 earlier this season and could serve as their WR3 if active.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jan 26, 2023, 9:56 AM ET

Mecole Hardman (pelvis) is active for the AFC Championship Game against the Bengals.​

With Hardman up for the first time since Week 9, wind sprinter Justin Watson is down. Although Watson's deactivation hints at a level of confidence in Hardman's health, we doubt he will be trusted with enough looks to make an impact in DFS contests.
Jan 29, 2023, 5:15 PM ET

Chiefs coach Andy Reid expects Mecole Hardman (pelvis) to miss Super Bowl LVII.​

“I doubt he’ll make the Super Bowl," were words exact words. Hardman struggled to get healthy for months before instantly getting re-injured in his AFC Championship Game return, so we would go a step further than Reid and say there is zero chance he suits up in Arizona. Although Hardman is no one's idea of an impact player, he still offers big-play ability for a receiver corps that has vanishingly little of it at present. He's a big loss for the biggest game of the year.
SOURCE: Sam McDowell on Twitter
Feb 2, 2023, 1:10 PM ET

Chiefs placed Mecole Hardman (pelvis) on injured reserve.​

Hardman was listed as doubtful last week after exiting early in the AFC Conference championship against the Bengals. Head coach Andy Reid was also on record last week saying he doubts Hardman will play in the Super Bowl, so this news doesn't come as much of a surprise. With Hardman officially sidelined, the Chiefs have activated running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who should play in next week's game against the Eagles, but could be limited given the emergence of other players in Kansas City's offense. Hardman battled with injuries all season, appearing in just eight regular season games while catching 25 passes for 297 yards and four touchdowns. His appearance in the the AFC Championship Game marks the only playoff game he played in this postseason.
Feb 6, 2023, 1:04 PM ET

The Score's Jordan Schultz reports free agent WR Mecole Hardman has interest from multiple teams.​

At least seven teams have interest in Hardman, who underwent core muscle surgery last month. Hardman can both contribute on offense and special teams, where he was a Pro Bowler in 2019. While he's never had more than 690 yards in four seasons with the Chiefs and is coming off an injury-shortened 2022, Hardman is near the top of a weak free agent class for receivers.
SOURCE: theScore.com
Mar 11, 2023, 12:43 PM ET

Jets signed WR Mecole Hardman, formerly of the Chiefs.

Hardman is joining a crowded receiver room that has Garrett Wilson and newly-acquired Allen Lazard at the top of the depth chart. They also have Corey Davis, who was a starter for them when healthy, and Elijah Moore in the mix. Hardman's addition to the roster all but guarantees Davis will be cut at some point this offseason. The Jets can save $10.5 million by cutting Davis and are on the hook for less than a million dollars in dead cap from his deal. Elijah Moore could also be a candidate to be traded. If Hardman can work his way into the WR3 role for a team that should have Aaron Rodgers at the helm, he could provide sporadic boom games for fantasy managers. However, just like it was when he was with the Chiefs, predicting those games will be nearly impossible.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
Mar 22, 2023 at 2:42 PM ET

Lot of competition for targets here. Lazard, Wilson, Hardman, Davis, Moore and TE ? Wow, even with Rodgers spreading it around hard to be fantasy relevant there.

If Zack starts then its even more competition for catches Lazard, Wilson, Hardman, Davis, Moore, TE and 4 x DB

Updraftable in anything less than a 24 teamer.

Lot of competition for targets here. Lazard, Wilson, Hardman, Davis, Moore and TE ? Wow, even with Rodgers spreading it around hard to be fantasy relevant there.

If Zack starts then its even more competition for catches Lazard, Wilson, Hardman, Davis, Moore, TE and 4 x DB

If it didn't work out in Kansas City with Mahomes, what makes anyone think he will post better numbers as a member of the New York Jets?
I don't care who the Jets line up at Quarterback, it's a huge downgrade from Andy Reid calling plays and Patrick Mahomes taking the snaps.

Users who are viewing this thread