What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, TEN (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Nick Westbrook-Ikhine led the Titans in pass routes in Week 3. 

Westbrook-Ikhine ran a team-high 25 routes with A.J. Brown (hamstring) out and Julio Jones sitting for much of the second half in an effort to manage his workload. Westbrook-Ikhine caught all four of his targets for 53 yards and a touchdown as Ryan Tannehill's default No. 1 wideout. He ran 44.4 percent of his routes from the slot. An undrafted free agent who caught three passes for Tennessee in 2020, Westbrook-Ikhine will have some fantasy relevance for as long as Brown is sidelined. In four seasons at Indiana, he had 144 receptions for 2,226 yards with 16 touchdowns. 

Sep 28, 2021, 11:05 AM ET

I just don't see how you can view any Titans WR as a viable redraft option. Low-power passing offense, no clear No. 1, all the options either unproven commodities or proven mediocrities. And we're not sure how long this window will remain open for them. Hell, Julio may not even miss this week.

I just don't see how you can view any Titans WR as a viable redraft option. Low-power passing offense, no clear No. 1, all the options either unproven commodities or proven mediocrities. And we're not sure how long this window will remain open for them. Hell, Julio may not even miss this week.

Law of the conservation of targets and implied points. Tannehill will attempt 25-30 passes minimum, and this guy came off the bench and produced, and led routes run. He was the first man up, so there's rapport here.

To me, it's follow the targets and follow the absences. Free fantasy points with good chance of scoring. Downside to me here is 3 for 36 or something but I liked what I saw

Last edited by a moderator:
Law of the conservation of targets and implied points. Tannehill will attempt 25-30 passes minimum, and this guy came off the bench and produced, and led routes run. He was the first man up, so there's rapport here.

To me, it's follow the targets and follow the absences. Free fantasy points with good chance of scoring. Downside to me here is 3 for 36 or something but I liked what I saw
Maybe, but the problem with betting on WR3 types is that they're target takers, not target makers. It tends to be entirely dependent on external factors like game flow, opponents' coverage, etc. This week it could be NWI, next week it could be Rogers, etc. Yes, that happens with just about all receivers, but it's much more likely with the mediocre ones

nittanylion said:
@Bri ... anything to see here?
He's the end of the bench guy that earned his spot with hustle on special teams. He's maturing and late last year he looked like a WR. This year he looks pretty good. His heart gets him on the field when everyone is healthy.

Ryan Tannehill said he has a "ton of confidence" in WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine.

Insert the Snoop Dog "who" gif. In Week 3 against the Colts, with A.J. Brown and Julio Jones sidelined with hamstring injuries, Westbrook-Ikhine led Tennessee with 25 pass routes and four catches on four targets for 53 yards. He also drew a crucial pass interference call, setting up a Jeremy McNichols touchdown. "He does the dirty work for us," Tannehill said of Westbrook-Ikhine, who had 144 receptions for 2,226 yards with 16 touchdowns in four seasons at Indiana. "He gets in there and blocks. He is physical. He is tough. He is a versatile guy who has size and strength, and who has made some big plays for us. I have a ton of confidence in Nick." He could be Tennessee's No. 1 wideout in Week 4 against the Jets, though Josh Reynolds' (foot) possible return could throw a wrench in Westbrook-Ikhine's role. He should be considered an option this week in fantasy leagues with multiple flex spots. 

RELATED: 

Julio Jones

, A.J. Brown

, Josh Reynolds

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Oct 1, 2021, 11:15 AM ET

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine caught 3-of-8 targets for 29 yards in the Titans' Week 4 loss to the Jets.

Westbrook-Ikhine was Ryan Tannehill's presumed WR1 without A.J. Brown and Julio Jones after leading the team in pass routes last week. He got eight targets but only managed 29 yards. Westbrook-Ikhine's value would evaporate upon Brown and/or Julio's return, plus he's difficult to trust even if both of them miss next week.

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine (hamstring) was upgraded to "limited" in Thursday's practice.

Tennessee's target leader in back-to-back weeks, Westbrook-Ikhine will likely take a backseat to A.J. Brown if Brown is actually healthy enough to stay on the field in Week 5 against the Jaguars. The upgrade after he missed Wednesday's practice is a great sign for Westbrook-Ikhine's availability and portends well for him taking an outside receiver role in Julio Jones' place. That likely leaves Chester Rogers in the slot. 

Oct 7, 2021, 4:06 PM ET

At the time of writing, it looks like the Titans' offense might have Westbrook-Ikhine as their only reliable receiving option for this week against the Patriots. With Julio Jones on IR, Marcus Johnson battling a hamstring injury, and AJ Brown dealing with a rib injury, Westbrook-Ikhine is the last man standing in this offense. While that resulted in 107 receiving yards this past week after AJB and Johnson left the game, he has a much tougher task in front of him this week with the Patriots defense that's playing dominant football recently. If you are in an absolute pinch, Westbrook-Ikhine is a decent fill-in option due to the projected target share that he'll see in this offense. However, the Patriots could simply take him away and force Tannehill to beat them with someone else. He's a risky low-end FLEX play at best this week.

Nov 25, 2021

No interest in the waiver wire thread or WSIS post.

Considering plugging him in over the inconsistent Courtland Sutton.

No interest in the waiver wire thread or WSIS post.

Considering plugging him in over the inconsistent Courtland Sutton.
Considering it myself with my woefully thin WR corps, but yeah the Pats scare me more than anyone. Even if guy is only good receiving option, Pats can make him disappear, especially as an inexperienced guy.

I wouldn’t feel good playing AJB against the Pats with how the Titans offense looks currently. I would not feel good if I had to roll this guy out personally. And I’m down bad for a Third WR. 

He's maturing still. He was just a ST guy hustler and I really like his development.

My problem is if you're the Pats and putting your top corner on someone it's probably him. I know in a regular context this seems odd but he's also been their key blocking WR for run plays so the top corner is right where he needs to be. Without Henry is no doubt a lesser rushing attack but without Julio and AJBs blocking it's far harder for the backup RBs too. 

Dez Fitzpatrick worked himself up from being a cut/failed draft pick they traded up for to the practice squad to the most snaps last week.

He had a good game, somewhat, but he caused two INTs. This week during training camp, reporters posted a video of coaches getting on him for messing up a drill. Also the OC did say they want consistency and him stringing weeks together etc but I am real leery of even Dez after last week.

The Pats switched to zone D (primarily) a few weeks back and Firkser is best ever type against a zone. He's had seasons where his catch rate is 100%, that's what I mean. Rogers is excellent against zone and questionable against man. Tate's veteran wisdom and lack of speed will only help against zone. The other two TEs are good for a couple tough catches in traffic and that's it but they've each had excellent weeks that command the ball more-yet never been given that opportunity.

Will the Pats continue to play zone- I don't think so, but if so, Tannehill will be the dink n dunk guy this week and the Titans have a chance.

I really expect a blowout loss. I'm worried of key Titans getting injured and playoff hopes dampened because of it. 

If Belichick doesn't absolutely dominate this decimated team and the Titans somehow win, Vrabel must be coach of the year. A rabbit out of the hat is the only hope here

I’m in desperation mode with Tyreek on bye and other injured WRs. Trying to decide between picking up Westbrook or Jakobi M. 
I think NWI has the lower floor and the higher ceiling. I need a home run so probably going with Westbrook but will be changing my mind repeatedly until tomorrow morning. 

Titans re-signed WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine to a one-year contract.

The Titans also re-signed quarterback Logan Woodside and defensive lineman Teair Tart. All three were set to be exclusive rights free agents. Normally the team's WR3, injuries to Julio Jones and A.J. Brown thrust Westbrook-Ikhine into a larger role last year. He posted a 38/476/4 receiving line while being credited with seven starts. Westbrook-Ikhine proved capable in a limited role and should be able to stave off any competition for his WR3 gig in 2022.

RELATED: 

Logan Woodside

, Teair Tart

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Mar 9, 2022, 1:13 PM ET

He's the end of the bench guy that earned his spot with hustle on special teams. He's maturing and late last year he looked like a WR. This year he looks pretty good. His heart gets him on the field when everyone is healthy.
Still this guy, little skittish to count him out now but...still this guy

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine caught 1-of-2 targets for 13 yards in the Titans' Week 1 loss to the Giants.

Once thought to be the WR2 of the Titans offense, Westbrook-Ikhine was nothing more than a footnote on a day that saw two rookies lead the Titans in receiving. As far as fantasy is concerned, Westbrook-Ikhine was always a long shot to turn into a fantasy contributor. There's no need to roster him ahead of next week's matchup against the Bills.

- NBCSportsEDGE

He's just heart. I've seen a ton of junk on twitter claiming he's this or that and he simply isn't. There's been a lot of NFL WRs over the years that teams and fans appreciate their heart, that doesn't make them highly talented athletes as the position demands.
He couldn't beat out Chester Rodgers and Marcus Johnson last year but roster turnover and the need for a coveted sleeper had many overprotecting.

I've long been touting Kyle Phillips as the closest to a sleeper on the Titans. He's "Welker's illegitimate son" is as good a description as you'll ever find. They didn't use him yesterday and that was infuriating me, until the final drive where they went to him over n over and the Giants #30 couldn't hang with him. I think he had two catches all game and then four on a potential game winning drive. He's a glorious pain in the neck route runner- quick, shifty, intelligent. He's not big. He's quick but not fast. He's Welker II.

(fantasypros) Nick Westbrook-Ikhine was quiet for the Titans Thursday night, hauling in both of his targets for just 28 receiving yards in a 27-17 Week 11 win over the Green Bay Packers.
Analysis: Westbrook-Ikhine was more of an afterthought in a Tennessee passing attack that featured fellow wideouts Treylon Burks and Robert Woods mainly Thursday night. Westbrook-Ikhine will be difficult to trust in a Week 12 matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals and going forward as Burks continues to see his role increase.

Nick Westbrook-Ikhine hauled in four catches for 58 yards in a Week 1 loss to the Saints.

Westbrook-Ikhine operated as the Titans’ number two receiver for all intents and purposes. Most of his damage came when Tennessee was trying to get back into the game in the fourth quarter, but he saw seven targets which as four more than Treylon Burks. To his credit, he made defenders miss and earned hard yards after the catch, and it’s clear that he will remain on the field often early in the season. He could be in store for a sneaky game next week against the Chargers if the Titans are forced to pass to keep up with Justin Herbert and company.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread