What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (1 Viewer)

In a post on his official Instagram page, free agent WR Odell Beckham Jr. appears to have bid an official farewell to the Ravens.
Beckham was already a free agent, but the possibility of a return to the Ravens appeared to be on the table prior to his post. Beckham thanked the city and team for the opportunity to play for them in 2023, saying he appreciates “the Flock more than yall could EVER imagine.” Whether or not this means Beckham has a new landing spot lined up for 2024 is to be determined, but the 31-year-old receiver could have a market as a discount WR2 for the right team. The Jets could be a team to watch after they nearly landed him last offseason, but we may need to wait until after the draft to see which team is interested in his services.

South Beach here he comes
-Just a feeling

Dallas is another option
It won't take a lot of money to sign him at this point.
He's a No 3/4 type for passing situations but that's about it.

-Just a feeling

Dallas is another option
He got $15M plus bonuses last year. He certainly doesn’t view himself as a situational or backup guy. Not sure what a lot of money is, but I am sure he is pushing for $10-12M on a one year deal. Spotrac has his market value listed at $11.9 million. Is that “a lot of money”?

-Just a feeling

Dallas is another option
He got $15M plus bonuses last year. He certainly doesn’t view himself as a situational or backup guy. Not sure what a lot of money is, but I am sure he is pushing for $10-12M on a one year deal. Spotrac has his market value listed at $11.9 million. Is that “a lot of money”?
I don't think he'll get it or he would have already...ESPN played a quick sound bite on him saying "I can still play football" and that sounds desperate to me...
He's patient so maybe he waits until training camp opens but I see him more as a 1yr $6M-$8M type w/incentives to get there, what did he really do in Baltimore last year?
Turns 32, lower body injuries have slowed him down, 35/500/3TDs last year, I might be projecting his market a little high actually
His last decent seasons was 2019-74/1,000...he missed all of 2022, he's not the same WR he once was. Baltimore was foolish to pay him as much as they did

I hope he doesn't come to Miami but there are rumors he's in contact with the Dolphins and has expressed interest, Thomas from the Saints as well.
Miami signed Braxton Berrios back to a 1 yr deal

IIRC, OBJ signed in the second week of April last offseason after sitting a season and ended up making $16M for 2023. I don’t think we can conclude there’s no market for him because he hasn’t signed yet. I agree that he should not be considered a great option for a team and have voiced my option for the past several years. We’ll see if his injury history and limited production has caught up to him.

OBJ signed in the second week of April last offseason after sitting a season and ended up making $16M for 2023.

I think he got away with a huge heist and it likely won't happen again. I think there was near-universal surprise at the amount of that deal, and I'd be surprised if a team ponies up anywhere near that given his limited production last year. I'm thinking half of what he made, but who knows what the market will bear? It could surprise. I just doubt it

In a post on his official Instagram page, free agent WR Odell Beckham Jr. appears to have bid an official farewell to the Ravens.
This stuff has gotten kind of comical, the good bye posts. Used to be something just a few players did after usually illustrious careers in a city.

I know it's not the same thing as taking out a full page add like the old days but seeing Odell do this about the same day Pickett did just left me shaking my head. The ego to think the fan base actually misses them.

Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson reports the Dolphins are interested in signing WR Odell Beckham Jr.
Additionally, CBS Sports’ Josina Anderson reports that Beckham is visiting the Dolphins on Thursday. Beckham was released at the start of the new league year, and has since garnered interest in free agency. The Dolphins are one team that has come knocking, looking to add him to their fast-paced offense. Beckham contributed 35 receptions for 565 yards and three touchdowns with the Ravens in 2023. He played in 14 games after sitting out a year with a torn ACL, though he is no longer the high-end receiver he once was. At this stage of his career, Beckham would be a No. 3 receiver in the Dolphins offense, playing the role of chain-mover while Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle speed downfield.

The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson reports a meeting between Odell Beckham Jr. and the Dolphins “went well” and said the team “hopes to sign him.”
As Jackson points out, whether or not the two sides can agree to a deal will likely depend on OBJ’s asking price. Given the WR3 role he’d be expected to play, it’s hard to imagine Beckham pricing himself out of a deal, but we’ll see what happens. In limited action with the Ravens last season, Beckham caught 35 passes for 565 yards and three touchdowns. He showed flashes of his old self at times, but it’s hard to imagine the 31-year-old receiver being used in an every-down role going at this point in his career. While he’d make for an interesting addition, it can’t be overlooked that the Dolphins ran the third-fewest pass plays in 11-personnel, which could make targets all the more difficult to come by.

Beckham in Miami would be an excellent fit. I don't think people realize how well Beckham was playing late in the season. Its not there in the counting stats, but he was making big plays and making tough catches for a few weeks right when Andrews got hurt, until defenses decided he was the #1 threat when he was out there, then Flowers got hot against #2 coverage.

Put him in Miami, where he'll never be viewed as higher than the #3, and he'll destroy probably every team's #3 CB. Also, would probably completely dash any hope of Jonnu Smith being a major part of Miami's passing game, but that was kind of a pipe dream anyway, I think.

Beckham isn't the player he was in New York, that guy is gone forever. But he's still a good WR. I know there is durability risks, but as a #3 WR, he's a scary weapon for defenses to deal with. He's that "so overrated he's now underrated" guy in my opinion.

Season 2023 (Baltimore Ravens):

• Receiving:
    • Receptions: 35
    • Yards: 565
    • Yards Per Reception: 16.14
    • First Downs: 27
    • Touchdowns: 3
    • Longest Reception: 51
    • Targets: 64.00
I'm just glad the Steeler's aren't considering him. OBJ is on my do not draft list for ff.

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel said the team made an offer to free agent WR Odell Beckham Jr.
Conversations between Beckham and the Dolphins are reportedly ongoing. The two sides clearly have a mutual interest in one another, but as The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson pointed out last week, OBJ’s asking price could ultimately decide whether or not a deal gets done. Beckham totaled 35-565-3 in his lone season with the Ravens, but he’s not expected to return to the team after he bid an official farewell to the team via Instagram last week.

OBJ signed in the second week of April last offseason after sitting a season and ended up making $16M for 2023.

I think he got away with a huge heist and it likely won't happen again. I think there was near-universal surprise at the amount of that deal, and I'd be surprised if a team ponies up anywhere near that given his limited production last year. I'm thinking half of what he made, but who knows what the market will bear? It could surprise. I just doubt it
One thing to keep in mind is that Lamar Jackson and the Ravens were at an impasse when OBJ signed. The general consensus was that Baltimore overpaid for Beckham but that it helped grease the skids to get the deal done with Jackson. Believe it or not, but that's what most of the plugged-in beat writers seemed to think.

I don't think people realize how well Beckham was playing late in the season. Its not there in the counting stats, but he was making big plays and making tough catches for a few weeks right when Andrews got hurt, until defenses decided he was the #1 threat when he was out there, then Flowers got hot against #2 coverage.
I do, because I watched it.

I don't think people realize how well Beckham was playing late in the season. Its not there in the counting stats, but he was making big plays and making tough catches for a few weeks right when Andrews got hurt, until defenses decided he was the #1 threat when he was out there, then Flowers got hot against #2 coverage.
OBJ only had three games last season with 50+ receiving yards (out of 16 games counting the playoffs). His combined totals on the season including the post season were 39-599-3. He averaged 37,4 yards/gm . . . which ranked 63rd among WR that played in 10 or more games. Sure, he played well against CIN and LAR (8-213-1) . . . but the flip side to that is he only put up 31-386-2 in 14 other games. Not really sure there is a great story to tell there.

OBJ only had three games last season with 50+ receiving yards (out of 16 games counting the playoffs). His combined totals on the season including the post season were 39-599-3. He averaged 37,4 yards/gm . . . which ranked 63rd among WR that played in 10 or more games. Sure, he played well against CIN and LAR (8-213-1) . . . but the flip side to that is he only put up 31-386-2 in 14 other games. Not really sure there is a great story to tell there.
I wouldn't even attempt to argue that his numbers equaled his salary. I'm saying that he drew a lot of attention from the defenses he was playing against - blame them for that, if you will - and he made some huge plays at critical times for Baltimore.

I wouldn't even attempt to argue that his numbers equaled his salary. I'm saying that he drew a lot of attention from the defenses he was playing against - blame them for that, if you will - and he made some huge plays at critical times for Baltimore.
Yep. He was drawing #1 coverage, not Flowers.

I'd happily take him as a #3 WR on pretty much any team.

This guy hasn't broken 600 receiving yards in a season since 2019, and we are supposed to believe he is still a legit weapon? Come on, now. He was awesome his first three seasons in the league, no doubt about it, but that guy is long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread