What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Skyy Moore, KC (1 Viewer)

He might just be the best rookie WR this season.

The other WRs drafted landed in poor to average spots and I don't love Wilson as a prospect.

The limited tape I've seem of him shows real explosiveness, although highlight reels should always be viewed with caution because they lack context and do not account for game flow.
I didn't watch any Western MI games so highlights is all I got.  Not really all that impressed by the catches.  They're mostly ones any WR should be making.  Some contested, but none that really showed any kind of a catch radius.  Speed, quickness, all that other stuff is clearly evident though.  

Where does he rank with other rookie wrs?
Since I own the 1.8 pick in an FFPC league, I’ve been looking at all the rankings I can find. 
the top 5 WRs are almost always: London, Wilson, Burks, Williams, and Olave in some order. 
then I’m mostly seeing Skyy next, and a couple of Dotson and Watson's sprinkled in there. 
Skyy and Watson definitely have the best immediate opportunity to produce with great QBs but, man, I’m probably gonna use all of my draft pick clock making this pick. :)  

socrates said:
I love Moore's draft destination in KC.  However, I personally would still rank Moore together with Watson behind Wilson, London, Williams, Burks, Olave, Pickens and Dotson.  It seems many have soured a bit on Pickens and Dotson.  
I ranked Moore below Watson and Williams and slightly notch above Dotson. 

Those are big TD numbers for a smaller receiver.  I'd take the under on all of those TD projections.   

Hill hit 1,300 yards once and double digit TD's twice.
17 game season and might be 18 by the time Year 3 rolls around. 

It's May and I'm painting a rosy picture, he's likely to not hit those numbers but there isn't much standing in his way right now from getting a good share of weekly targets. And a more competitive division that will have some air it out duels with Mahomes vs Wilson, Mahomes vs Carr with new weapons and of course Mahomes vs Bigfoot and the Bolts so I anticipate some 45-38, 38-31 shootouts.  

45/750/5TDs sound about right to you all? Give me something to work with, I was spitballing some ceiling numbers perhaps but there will be ample opp in KC assuming he starts at WR. He is excellent in the slot. 

joey said:
Since I own the 1.8 pick in an FFPC league, I’ve been looking at all the rankings I can find. 
the top 5 WRs are almost always: London, Wilson, Burks, Williams, and Olave in some order. 
then I’m mostly seeing Skyy next, and a couple of Dotson and Watson's sprinkled in there. 
Skyy and Watson definitely have the best immediate opportunity to produce with great QBs but, man, I’m probably gonna use all of my draft pick clock making this pick. :)  
Only one of them has played WR very well so far, and that's Skyy. 

Watson is a OMG look at this athlete!!1!!

I already drafted Denzel Mims, so I don't need another of those guys. 

I like Dotson, but that QB situation is awful.   Wentz and then who knows what.   Could be years before he reaches potential.   

Moore and Watson have the QBs, how long for Watson?   Pickens could build relationship with Pickett for years.   Claypool and Johnson could be shown the door in the next 1-2 years.   

So Moore seems most likely my top of that grouping.   I think teams might reach for Cook or D Pierce out of need for a RB, leaving maybe Olave there at 1.08.    

Last edited by a moderator:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
I see he is already way over rated. 
So is a Sasquatch at QB who hasn't even played in a Playoff game but you, me and that other one named @massraider all know that LAC is going to be amazing with Herbert at the controls, why is that? We believe in Herbert, and yes I know who Mass roots for but he's not dumb. 

Mahomes 4 AFCC in a row is no accident at this point. Hill was their primary weapon at WR, none of the rest were worth a salt. Enter Skyy and I think you two are biased because you root for division rivals. Don't make that mistake. 

You grab that son of a mothers britches in any dynasty league you can and even in redraft you would be wise to invest in this guy. He was flying up most boards and it should not be a shock he was taken as early as he was. 

FYI...what the bleep does this turkey know, I get it...I was all over Elijah coming out last year and i maintain he is the 2nd best WR in the Draft from last season and i point to the 3-4-5 games he actually got on the field, he was lights out. 

You do what you want but I think smart money is all over this guy. It ain't hype, it's reality of the situation where talent plus skills acquired by the team drafting him start to mesh instantly. I've been wrong many times, happy to eat crow but that is not typical when i go to these lengths to prove a point. 

-I appreciate both of your posts and pushing me to write it out on the chalkboard. I hope I see some details in return why you all feel he is overhyped. 

Cheers!

So is a Sasquatch at QB who hasn't even played in a Playoff game but you, me and that other one named @massraider all know that LAC is going to be amazing with Herbert at the controls, why is that? We believe in Herbert, and yes I know who Mass roots for but he's not dumb. 

Mahomes 4 AFCC in a row is no accident at this point. Hill was their primary weapon at WR, none of the rest were worth a salt. Enter Skyy and I think you two are biased because you root for division rivals. Don't make that mistake. 

You grab that son of a mothers britches in any dynasty league you can and even in redraft you would be wise to invest in this guy. He was flying up most boards and it should not be a shock he was taken as early as he was. 

FYI...what the bleep does this turkey know, I get it...I was all over Elijah coming out last year and i maintain he is the 2nd best WR in the Draft from last season and i point to the 3-4-5 games he actually got on the field, he was lights out. 

You do what you want but I think smart money is all over this guy. It ain't hype, it's reality of the situation where talent plus skills acquired by the team drafting him start to mesh instantly. I've been wrong many times, happy to eat crow but that is not typical when i go to these lengths to prove a point. 

-I appreciate both of your posts and pushing me to write it out on the chalkboard. I hope I see some details in return why you all feel he is overhyped. 

Cheers!
I think a guy can be a nice prospect, and be overrated. 

If you casually follow the draft, before late April you might think he was the only WR available after the 1st round. He was the favorite of every single draft geek out there. 

I have 1.7 today in a draft. I expect to get Olave. If I had 1.8, assuming the big 7 go, I'll take Skyy. His film reports, and analytics, all good. 

Plus, aging Kelce, one year Juju, and poor man's poor man's poor man's Tyrell Williams (MVS) means targets could open up quick for Skyy. 

Lots to like, but if I want a WR1, he's short. Most are taller. Not impossible, not at all. But the short guys wind up being WR2. Which isn't bad either. 

I have 1.7 today in a draft. I expect to get Olave. If I had 1.8, assuming the big 7 go, I'll take Skyy. His film reports, and analytics, all good. 
This is me as well. I have the 1.7 in one league (granted, it drafts in august so I’ll learn a LOT more about these rookie WRs by then) and I have the 1.8 in an FFPC draft that starts tomorrow, and I’m ranking the same way: the 2 RBs, the 5 WRs, then Skyy at 8. 

7 takeaways from Day 2 of Chiefs rookie minicamp

Excerpt:

Skyy Moore adjusting to Andy Reid's detailed playbook

Andy Reid is notorious for having one of the toughest playbooks in the NFL for receivers to learn. That has been one of the areas that Moore named as a bit of an adjustment coming into the NFL.

“Really, just how detailed the playbook is,” Moore told reporters on Sunday. “Everything matters, from your split to the route to the leverage of the corners. Everything. That’s definitely something — it’s not new, but it’s more amplified.”

While it’s a bit of an adjustment from what he saw at Western Michigan, Moore is liking what he’s seen of the scheme and playbook so far. He feels that it’s unstoppable in the sense that there are so many different ways that Andy Reid can utilize his players to create favorable matchups and attack a defense.

“I feel like this is the best system for me,” Moore said. “The playbook — I’ve figured out that you can’t really stop our playbook. Everything about their plays, there is just a way for us to attack the defense in every type of way.”

As for his goals for minicamp, Moore is looking to do his part to help this team be successful in 2022.

“Really I just want to come in here and carve my role out,” Moore said. “And do whatever the team needs me to do so that we can go get that next Super Bowl.”

7 takeaways from Day 3 of Chiefs rookie minicamp

Excerpt:

Skyy Moore is still a bit of a mystery

Chiefs HC Andy Reid didn’t have much to take away from Skyy Moore’s first weekend with the team. Moore was sidelined due to a hamstring injury, but is expected back in action by OTAs late this month.

“Well, I’m curious to see how he does,” Reid said. “I didn’t get much of a look here. The thing I liked in college was that he was strong, physically strong. The things they did with him, he was very good at. Whether it was the short, intermediate game or whether it was the long game, he could do it all. He has good speed. He’s got good hands — huge hands. 10-inch plus hands and long arms. He’s strong, you guys can see it on the field out there, he’s put together well. I look forward to seeing him play, he seems like a smart kid.”

Hopefully, Reid will have a better idea of what will translate of Moore’s skillset when he gets to see him in action during OTAs. For now, he’ll just have to go off of what he saw when Moore was in college.

I expect KC to be aggressive next year in finding more quality targets after they plod through with the crew they have now. I think Moore can develop into a serviceable number two but I don’t see him as a prospect that will lead a receiving group.

I like Moore, but getting drafted over is a real possibility. That said, he's a good player with a pretty high floor.

For context, I prefer Pickens & his higher ceiling.

I think Moore's ceiling is being underrated. Its entirely possible that being tied to Mahomes, makes Moore the best player in this class. I'm not saying I have him ranked there, but its very much on the table. He's basically the exact type of WR Andy Reid loves. 

I've got Moore at 1.7, I could see him being the #2 target after Kelce as soon as this season. JuJu has done little since 2018, Hardman is a gadget guy, and MVS is a JAG.

I'd bet its more likely Moore is underrated (including by me) than overrated. I wouldn't even give it a 2nd thought taking him over Burks, Dotson, or Watson. 

I'd bet its more likely Moore is underrated (including by me) than overrated. I wouldn't even give it a 2nd thought taking him over Burks, Dotson, or Watson. 
Got him today at 1.10 and was psyched- Watson and Cook went 8-9. Can't get much better of a landing spot. Hope he develops quickly.

King of the Jungle said:
I expect KC to be aggressive next year in finding more quality targets after they plod through with the crew they have now. I think Moore can develop into a serviceable number two but I don’t see him as a prospect that will lead a receiving group.
I doubt it. They've entered the need to be selective where they allocate their financial resources stage. If they increase wr spending then it will be at the expense of something else. 

I doubt it. They've entered the need to be selective where they allocate their financial resources stage. If they increase wr spending then it will be at the expense of something else. 
JuJu is a one year, Hardman will most likely be gone, MVS dead cap after this season is not bad, and Kelce is aging. Whether they are aggressive in the draft or free agency I don’t know. I would bet they will hunting for help after this season. 

JuJu is a one year, Hardman will most likely be gone, MVS dead cap after this season is not bad, and Kelce is aging. Whether they are aggressive in the draft or free agency I don’t know. I would bet they will hunting for help after this season. 
According to OverTheCap they have $28 Million in cap space for 2023 but the rest is only for 29 signed players of 53 players the cap accounts for. Won't be easy to sign a big free agent

According to OverTheCap they have $28 Million in cap space for 2023 but the rest is only for 29 signed players of 53 players the cap accounts for. Won't be easy to sign a big free agent
:goodposting:

This is their new normal, life with a franchise qb contract. They can pay wr, but it'll be at the expense of something else. They need to hit on gambles like Ross in order to free up spending. 

I believe Moore is best used as a #2, but that doesn't mean he won't be KC's #1.

That said, I suspect they'll go get an alpha in the near future (or try to).

It's possible a bit too much emphasis is being placed on his height, and not enough on the total package that determines effective catch radius, including his longer-than-proportionate arms and gigantic mitts. Plus dude is electric fast and quick. I am still shaking my head at how this guy fell to the Chiefs of all teams in the *2nd* round.

Just took him with the 1.10. Doubt he'll crack my lineup, but don't think any of the RBs would either. tried trading down, but no takers.

I have a hard time believing KC was super-high on Moore after moving back 4 spots from 50 to 54 to add a 5th-rounder from New England. Not saying it's a death blow or anything...just an observation. They probably figured the Eagles wouldn't take a WR after trading for AJ, but they had to know the Pats (Thornton) & Indy (Pierce) were strong possibilities.

What they might not have counted on was the Steelers going WR. We'll likely never know, but I have a hunch the Chiefs thought Pickens would be there given his character & injury concerns. There was speculation he could fall out of the 2nd.

There's no doubt Pickens' ADP would've been higher in KC than Moore's is there. That's one way to know Pickens is looked at as a better prospect among the FF community. That said, I believe Moore has a chance to be very productive. I have concerns about him getting drafted over & his long-term role, but I think he's a nice player.

Users who are viewing this thread