What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Holt "OUT" Today (1 Viewer)

C

Cunning Linguist

stlouisrams.com

Saturday Afternoon

Saturday, October 22, 2005

- First, a quick update on the injury front for both teams heading into Sunday.

- Things look slightly worse for the Rams' receiving corps. Isaac Bruce has been downgraded from questionable to out because of a toe injury. Bruce wasn't expected to play this week anyway, but now there is no chance for him to suit up. Perhaps more worrisome is the downgrade of Torry Holt from probable to questionable because of a knee injury. Holt played last week after being listed as questionable all week. He said he felt fine in the early part of that game, but the knee started to get sore as the game wore on. Holt will probably still go on Sunday, but everyone would prefer that the knee gets better instead of worse considering he didn't do much of anything in practice this week.

Last edited:
stlouisrams.com

Saturday Afternoon

- Things look slightly worse for the Rams' receiving corps. Isaac Bruce has been downgraded from questionable to out because of a toe injury. Bruce wasn't expected to play this week anyway, but now there is no chance for him to suit up. Perhaps more worrisome is the downgrade of Torry Holt from probable to questionable because of a knee injury. Holt played last week after being listed as questionable all week. He said he felt fine in the early part of that game, but the knee started to get sore as the game wore on. Holt will probably still go on Sunday, but everyone would prefer that the knee gets better instead of worse considering he didn't do much of anything in practice this week.
Dead link for me. Hes starting on my team.

stlouisrams.com

Saturday Afternoon

Link fixed.

ope

stlouisrams.com

Saturday Afternoon

Link fixed.
Nope, still a crapola link. :(

:wall: just great in one of my leagues that I have Holt I started him. The league is set up so that as soon as the first game kicks off the starting lineups are locked. Thanks for Friday's game I can't go back in and replace him in needed.just great :cry:

:wall:

just great in one of my leagues that I have Holt I started him. The league is set up so that as soon as the first game kicks off the starting lineups are locked. Thanks for Friday's game I can't go back in and replace him in needed.

just great :cry:
what recievers do you have that could be better than holt at 80%? Plus they're in a must win situation vs. arguably the worst d in the league... I'm starting him with confidence..

I'd almost be forced to start McDonald if Holt is out tomorrow, even though he had a whopping ZERO catches Monday night in Indy.

stlouisrams.com

Saturday Afternoon

Thanks CL. That's good stuff from the Rams insider. Most of the other reports (including the Rams injury report on their site) haven't updated yet with this new info. Good find.J

Wow, my dynasty killer WR combo isn't looking quite as killer anymore. Holt (Questionable), DJax (Out), Walker (IR). Thank god I still have Owens and Harrison and built for massive depth. Might have to go with Brandon Jones for my WR3 this week though if Holt doesn't go.

What to watch for: The story of this game is who's not playing. The Rams are without the services of QB Marc Bulger and receivers Torry Holt (knee) and Isaac Bruce (turf toe); and the Saints, who lost Deuce McAlister two weeks ago, are minus Joe Horn, safety Dwight Smith and rookie RT Jamaal Brown. Jamie Martin has spent 12 seasons in the NFL, but he's only started three games. Martin had two INTs Monday night; the Saints plan to blitz him as much as possible, especially with two rookies on the Rams' offensive line. St. Louis wants to run Steven Jackson while the Saints plan to attack the Rams' porous secondary

Link

Wow, my dynasty killer WR combo isn't looking quite as killer anymore. Holt (Questionable), DJax (Out), Walker (IR). Thank god I still have Owens and Harrison and built for massive depth. Might have to go with Brandon Jones for my WR3 this week though if Holt doesn't go.
Why don't you also have R Moss and CJ on your team??? :confused:

www.rotoworld.com is reporting that Holt will NOT play today.
Rotoworld LinkThey are quoting the same Fox Sports story that ran above. It's interesting, because the headline says he's out, but the text undeath says not expected to play. So, there's still no official word that I know of.

i don't see that - i see them saying that Holt MAY not START:"Kevin Curtis will probably start opposite Dane Looker, with Shaun McDonald on the field plenty for the Rams."

Not quite : here's the quote:"Torry Holt has been downgraded to questionable with a knee injury for week seven and is not expected to play."

and the link

I appreciate the info everybody is trying to get out there - but try to keep it to quotes and links, unless of course you are adding the "IMO" :)

I'm not pullimg Holt yet. [/crosses fingers]

i don't see that - i see them saying that Holt MAY not START:"Kevin Curtis will probably start opposite Dane Looker, with Shaun McDonald on the field plenty for the Rams."
:confused: link (rotoworld used Fox Sports for their blub):

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5017480

The story of this game is who's not playing. The Rams are without the services of QB Marc Bulger and receivers Torry Holt (knee) and Isaac Bruce (turf toe)...

Not quite : here's the quote:"Torry Holt has been downgraded to questionable with a knee injury for week seven and is not expected to play."

and the link

I appreciate the info everybody is trying to get out there - but try to keep it to quotes and links, unless of course you are adding the "IMO" :)

I'm not pullimg Holt yet. [/crosses fingers]
In defense of Weiner Dog, the Rotoworld headline does state "Torry Holt will sit against the Saints", so it is Rotoworld who has misrepresented the information. So far, it still looks like a GTD.

NFL Network just said Holt was probable, but it may be an outdated report, since they referred to "on Sunday" instead of today. :shrug:

I am going to just bench Holt this week and start Fitz along with S.Moss. It's not worth a headache this early in the morning.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever way you guys take this... this has to hurt the value of Jamie Martin this week and give SJax another bump up...

NFL Network just said Holt was probable, but it may be an outdated report, since they referred to "on Sunday" instead of today.

:shrug:
The last official (friday) injury report has him "probable" All the talk of downgrades has happened since that report came out. He's officially probable, but we saw what that can mean with Vick a few weeks ago.

I am going to just bench Holt this week and start Fitz along with S.Moss. It's not worth a headache this early in the morning.....
Please refrain from posting info like this. It's not useful to the rest of us geniunely looking for news on Holt's status.

NFL.comDane Looker, WR STLNews: According to reports, Torry Holt (knee) has been downgraded from probable to questionable for Week 7. There's a chance he won't be active against the New Orleans Saints. Analysis: Dane Looker would start if Holt is declared inactive, but most leagues don't allow add/drops after the Chiefs-Dolphins contest on Friday night. This is to the right of my ff team, I can't link to it.

Please refrain from posting info like this. It's not useful to the rest of us geniunely looking for news on Holt's status.
Legacy, I deleted 2 posts that probably fit your criteria as garbage post. Please return the favor and lessen the length of your sig.This will be deleted in a few, too

NFL.com

Dane Looker, WR STL

News: According to reports, Torry Holt (knee) has been downgraded from probable to questionable for Week 7. There's a chance he won't be active against the New Orleans Saints.

Analysis: Dane Looker would start if Holt is declared inactive, but most leagues don't allow add/drops after the Chiefs-Dolphins contest on Friday night.

This is to the right of my ff team, I can't link to it.
Basically same thing herehttp://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players

look on the right, click the link to Looker or Holt

don't post crap like this.. its not useful.
I actually find it useful to see what others are thinking based on the information provided... as for your post on the other hand :thumbdown:
I think you're both right. Team Legacy is correct in that many post "what's in it for me" responses, when that doesn't add much to the discussion. It's been a longstanding issue IMO.

But agreed with you, TL's approach (since edited, to his credit) was probably not the greatest way to go about it.

NFL.com

Dane Looker, WR STL

News: According to reports, Torry Holt (knee) has been downgraded from probable to questionable for Week 7. There's a chance he won't be active against the New Orleans Saints.

Analysis: Dane Looker would start if Holt is declared inactive, but most leagues don't allow add/drops after the Chiefs-Dolphins contest on Friday night.

This is to the right of my ff team, I can't link to it.
Basically same thing herehttp://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players

look on the right, click the link to Looker or Holt
later(not now and cluster up this thread) can someone tell me why Looker and not McDonald?

Whatever way you guys take this... this has to hurt the value of Jamie Martin this week and give SJax another bump up...
I'm not sure facing 8 men in the box will be beneficial to Jackson...
agreed. there's got to be some passing for Sjax to have success.
true, but with the STL offense, I don't expect them to keep 8 in the box with the abilities of thw WR/TE to open it up... I expect to see STL come out with a majority of throwing (as always) and then settle into some more balance once the box isn't stacked. The real kicker is how Martin will respond with a solid week of practice with the first team under his belt.

I'm not sure facing 8 men in the box will be beneficial to Jackson...
agreed. there's got to be some passing for Sjax to have success.
true, but with the STL offense, I don't expect them to keep 8 in the box with the abilities of thw WR/TE to open it up... I expect to see STL come out with a majority of throwing (as always) and then settle into some more balance once the box isn't stacked. The real kicker is how Martin will respond with a solid week of practice with the first team under his belt.
I hope he proves me wrong but Martin is horrible. Holt's numbers will suffer with him in there whether Torry's knee is bothering him or not. I expect the Saints to beat Rams easily today.

Users who are viewing this thread