What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (3 Viewers)

Only takes one for guy like TY to make it a good start but that TraDavious White dude on Buffalo is nasty. I’m probably rolling him out there but have expectations for something like 5 catches for 50 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont get the love for T.Y Hilton, he really hasn't been great .never has more than 7 TDs in a season, usually averages about 80 recs/yr.

Rogers looks so much better and Luck seems more than happy to exploit his capabilities in games.
For the record Julio Jones has zero td’s thus far and is a top 5 wr in most formats. Luck is on a record place for pass attempts. If healthy Hilton has a chance to post Adam Thielen numbers going forward.

I'm rolling with Golloday and Cooks for now. But I can see Hilton sneak into the lineup later this season.

I'm rolling with Golloday and Cooks for now. But I can see Hilton sneak into the lineup later this season.
Same here.  Waiting to see TY play a whole game AND against an easier opponent.  

Could flex start him ahead of Howard or K Johnson but I'm not.

Much rather have Hilton. Not expecting Thomas to be any better in Houston.
Not any better?  Huge QB upgrade, no?  with Will Fuller out, DT becomes the #2 with a good QB rather than the #2 with a bad QB. Playing devil's advocate here, thanks for the response though  :)

Not any better?  Huge QB upgrade, no?  with Will Fuller out, DT becomes the #2 with a good QB rather than the #2 with a bad QB. Playing devil's advocate here, thanks for the response though  :)

But TY is already the #1 with a good QB?

I don't own DT or follow DEN closely but if he's not getting open, the improvement in his situation won't equate to a massive lift in numbers. It was certainly weird watching a big, physical downfield guy catch those short sideline out routes.

Thomas has to learn a new offense on the fly, and is very much a player slowing down. The QB upgrade isn't that big, for the type of WR Thomas is. Its actually very possible he's less productive in Houston, and mostly just serves to take coverage away from others. I don't think its a lock that Thomas is more productive than KeKe Coutee going forward.

If I were redrafting right now, I'd have Hilton around 15 at WR, Thomas probably in the 35-40 range.

The one problem I see with Hilton going forward is his match-ups.  The next 5 weeks (fantasy regular season):

9 -Bye

10 - Jacksonville (Ramsey)

11 - Tennessee

12 - Miami (Howard)

13 - @Jacksonville (Ramsey)

I could be wrong, but I believe both Ramsey and Howard tend to shadow the opposition's top WR's?  It's not like Ramsey and Howard are Deion reborn, but they are good corners.  With the way Luck is spreading the ball around, and Doyle is back now, I just worry about target volume for Hilton considering he will likely be shadowed by good corners in 3 of the 4 games.

The one problem I see with Hilton going forward is his match-ups.  The next 5 weeks (fantasy regular season):

9 -Bye

10 - Jacksonville (Ramsey)

11 - Tennessee

12 - Miami (Howard)

13 - @Jacksonville (Ramsey)

I could be wrong, but I believe both Ramsey and Howard tend to shadow the opposition's top WR's?  It's not like Ramsey and Howard are Deion reborn, but they are good corners.  With the way Luck is spreading the ball around, and Doyle is back now, I just worry about target volume for Hilton considering he will likely be shadowed by good corners in 3 of the 4 games.
I don't think Ramsey or Howard are stay away matchups. They have both been beaten pretty badly at times this year. Ramsey in particular has take a big step backward. He's arguably not even the best CB on the Jags right now. I'd still have Hilton as a top-20 WR in all those matchups, and maybe top-10 against the Titans.

I think Hilton has been eased back in from his injury. I don't think the last 2 games are strong indicators for how often he'll be used. 

Anyone concerned about TY sitting out practice yesterday, to supposedly rest a tweaked hammy?

I have some other decent options at WR.

T.Y. Hilton caught 8-of-13 targets for 77 yards in the Colts' Week 13 loss to Jacksonville.

Hilton had his fair share of wins, but this was an epic battle against Jalen Ramsey that Ramsey ultimately won in the Jaguars' 6-0 shutout upset victory. Hilton got shaken up on a tough fourth-quarter catch in Ramsey's coverage but only missed one play. Hilton will get a better Week 14 matchup against the Texans, who lost CB Johnathan Joseph to a neck injury on Sunday.

Dec 2 - 4:05 PM

After losing Sanders (Kupp & Marvin Jones earlier), I'm down to Thielen and TY...then a bunch of JAG's.

Really need TY this week.

Did he practice last week? Man this is tough. I have Luck in. Over Newton as it is but without Hilton I don't know. I've been mulling Robby Anderson as my wr3 over DJ Moore. Might have to play Anderson tomorrow night and then Moore can sub for Hilton if needed. Shoot this sucks...

Man, convinced myself not to start D. Williams last night for KC in my flex because I couldn't possible bench Hilton for him could I? Kicking myself right now  Really need some good news about him tomorrow. 

Did he practice last week? Man this is tough. I have Luck in. Over Newton as it is but without Hilton I don't know. I've been mulling Robby Anderson as my wr3 over DJ Moore. Might have to play Anderson tomorrow night and then Moore can sub for Hilton if needed. Shoot this sucks...
He practiced Friday of last week. And that’s been the norm. Not this week though. 

Any news? I got Lamar in if Hilton is out but need to know before Houston kickoff at 3:30. 

Much rather have TY

Jene  Bramel just tweeted that he’s looking closer to doubtful about 10 minutes ago 
I love Jene Bramel but he hedges himself about 16 times with his choice of language in that tweet ("played through injury before," "hope to see him active and productive", "seems to be trending more doubtful than questionable", etc.). He is just speculating based solely on the tone of Reich's comments and not additional medical evaluation.

The reality is it's one of those sucky FF situations where decisions will need to be made without perfect information.

Not counting Thursday games can anyone recall the last time a WR, TE or even a RB  had a good fantasy game without getting one single practice in a week?

I think I'm out. I have a decent option (Brandin Cooks) and I've already been burned this week by Hill and Miller. Just can't afford an early exit.

(Enjoy the 200 yards he's guaranteed for now.)

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, T.Y. Hilton (questionable, ankle) has a "good shot" to play Week 15 against the Cowboys.

Hilton didn't practice all week, but it looks like the star receiver is ready to gut it out in a must-win game for Indy. Coming off a 199-yard explosion in last week's win at Houston, T.Y. would be a must-start in all formats if he can get the green light. If not, more work would fall on the plate of Eric Ebron, Dontrelle Inman and Zach Pascal, among others.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Dec 16 - 9:22 AM

At least we'll know early... TY is in my lineup at FLEX alongside Cooks and Thomas at WR. TY over Ingram, Mack, and Corey Davis if given the green light. 

The Luck to Hilton combo is pretty hot right now...ya gotta admit. I know it's DAL D, but the offense knows the plays and TY is pretty quick and Luck is pretty accurate.

Waffling on he and Aaron Jones and not feeling good
Same here in Ppr. Here’s my thinking. Jones has the higher floor. Hilton higher ceiling but higher risk of really low score. So depends what you need. 

Right now have Jones in but scouting Twitter for reason to go w Hilton. 

I would not trade him for a single first.  Especially not in a class without a clear top option.  Start at 1st plus future 1st for me, or 1st plus younger player with promise,

I fully recognize that at that price I am likely holding Hilton, and I am OK with that.

I was in win now mode in a league I did this trade about 6 weeks ago for Hilton & Sanders:

Turf Wars gave up Hilton, T.Y. IND WR;Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR

the spiders from mars gave up Anderson, Robby NYJ WR;Gallup, Michael DAL WR; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Here Come The Mummies;Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from the spiders from mars

Made the superbowl, obviously Sanders got hurt

The first rounder ended up being 1.10,  that second rounder will be 2.11 or 2.12

with luck hitting his stride, i see ind making their sb push over the next few years.

i see hilton as a solid low wr1 for the next 3-5 years.

with my dyno team in the same boat im buying.  but what do i pay?

Users who are viewing this thread