What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (2 Viewers)

Tyler Lockett caught 3-of-5 targets for 96 yards in the Seahawks' Week 12 loss to Washington.

Lockett did all of his damage in the first half before seeing one empty target across the final 30 minutes of action. His five targets tied DeeJay Dallas for a distant second on the team behind Gerald Everett's nine. Lockett and DK Metcalf seeing a combined nine targets on 31 Russell Wilson throws should get someone fired in Seattle. Lockett has back-to-back games of 115 and 96 yards, but he hasn't caught a touchdown since Week 2. Treat Lockett as a hit-or-miss WR2 next week against the 49ers.

Nov 29, 2021, 11:57 PM ET

Lol, halftime still a few minutes away with the ball and he was clearly gonna get me the 100yds bonus and win the week going away.  Whoops, another turnover and then the most pathetic second half possible (topped maybe by Pitt vs Cincy earlier on Sunday).  Thank goodness I had McKissic too, that last catch he got injured on gave me the lead.

Pete Carrol is Mike Tomlin of the west.  They get in their own way too much now and counteract any good they may have left.  Time to move on for both teams

If the Washington D did this to Seattle, I think Russ and company are going to have a looooooooong day at the office next week. I'm benching Lockett.

Geez... now it's starting to unravel and is decimating to my roster and many others I'm sure. First Waddle, now Lockett, and Higgins, Q, with E Moore and AJ Brown already down. Devastating!

I gotta check status and if anyone of these recent COVID adds will be able to play. 

Same here. With these new COVID reports three of teams in our playoffs are completely gutted. The one team in tact is about to roll over everybody. 

I saw the NFL is meeting to discuss new policies but I doubt it will go into effect this week.

So according to the injury report, Lockett is on Covid reserve, Metcalf, Swain and Eskridge all have not practiced due to foot injuries. 

Seahawks in some trouble this week?

Same here. With these new COVID reports three of teams in our playoffs are completely gutted. The one team in tact is about to roll over everybody. 

I saw the NFL is meeting to discuss new policies but I doubt it will go into effect this week.
Like at least 2/3 testing positive and no symptoms. Asymptomatic means you are not sick and this is nonsense, made up for their agenda. Did you see Jaylen Ramsey go off cuz he was feeling great. But, like you said, probably not this week unless it continues to unravel beyond the point of no return. Healthy players without symptoms should be able to play. Let sickness take care of itself like it always did.

Like at least 2/3 testing positive and no symptoms. Asymptomatic means you are not sick and this is nonsense, made up for their agenda. Did you see Jaylen Ramsey go off cuz he was feeling great. But, like you said, probably not this week unless it continues to unravel beyond the point of no return. Healthy players without symptoms should be able to play. Let sickness take care of itself like it always did.
No offense, but this statement is completely wrong. Asymptomatic doesn’t mean you are not sick, it means you are sick but no one can see it. You can still spread the disease. I would argue that this makes you more dangerous than somebody that is symptomatic. With someone that is symptomatic you can see they are sick, and try to avoid them.

No offense, but this statement is completely wrong. Asymptomatic doesn’t mean you are not sick, it means you are sick but no one can see it. You can still spread the disease. I would argue that this makes you more dangerous than somebody that is symptomatic. With someone that is symptomatic you can see they are sick, and try to avoid them.
:lmao:

If you believe Global Elites and MSM, which I don't LOL. Asymptomatic is made up and not science by any means. Another scare. 

Okay, enough of the political crap, but the NFL is political. 
Right.  Those “global elites” and MSM insist the world isn’t flat either, but I bet they can’t fool you.🙄

Okay you guys continue the Covid arguments that have been going for nearly 2 years now. I’m going to work on a replacement for Lockett and enjoy the FF playoffs while I last in them. 

Okay you guys continue the Covid arguments that have been going for nearly 2 years now. I’m going to work on a replacement for Lockett and enjoy the FF playoffs while I last in them. 
Looks like the Rams-Seahawks game was postponed until Tuesday. That should help Lockett's case to play - but it also complicates things if you don't trust he will play and need to play someone on Sat/Sun/Mon instead.

Looks like the Rams-Seahawks game was postponed until Tuesday. That should help Lockett's case to play - but it also complicates things if you don't trust he will play and need to play someone on Sat/Sun/Mon instead.
I'd like to know if Lockett ha a good chance to play on Tuesday or not? 

Also starting to worry about ALL Rams and Seahawks 

Just read that he had a tough day yesterday but is better now. The question now is, IF he tests negative before the game, how effective will he be? Do you play someone lesser or do you risk starting him at possibly less than 100%?

Just read that he had a tough day yesterday but is better now. The question now is, IF he tests negative before the game, how effective will he be? Do you play someone lesser or do you risk starting him at possibly less than 100%?

I acquired Deandre Carter WR on Washington who plays Tuesday at 7. Last I heard McLaurin was iffy which would leave Carter as one of the only options for WFT. Not great by any means but should get me something if Lockett can't go. I can't afford to abandon Lockett's upside if there's any chance he could play. Dude has been on fire and Seattle will have to throw.

I acquired Deandre Carter WR on Washington who plays Tuesday at 7. Last I heard McLaurin was iffy which would leave Carter as one of the only options for WFT. Not great by any means but should get me something if Lockett can't go. I can't afford to abandon Lockett's upside if there's any chance he could play. Dude has been on fire and Seattle will have to throw.
I'm scouring do to the same holding out hope for Lockett. I'm also not seeing another SEA WR except like Eskridge? Then Carter or Humphries for WAS, and J Reagor for PHI. I may lean Reagor as insurance for Lockett.

Pete Carroll says that Lockett is doing "okay" now and they hope to have him back but he needs a negative test(s) yet. I'm sensing Lockett will play, but having an insurance WR on Tuesday is also prudent. I'm not making the move as of yet for these 4-5 lower rated WR's mentioned above for that night. Nobody is gonna block that many players. I will forfeit the potential from other higher rated WR's like Peoples-Jones, Shepard, Bateman, A Wilson, Boyd, Treadwell types. 

ESPN's Brady Henderson reports that it is "unlikely" Tyler Lockett (COVID) will be available for Week 15 against the Rams.

As expected. Lockett was reported as symptomatic when he initially went on the COVID list, which put his timeline beyond kick-off even before this game was moved. Dee Eskridge and Freddie Swain will take his place on Tuesday night, though neither are advisable outside of two-game DFS slates. Gerald Everett is likely to soak up targets as the team's de facto No. 2 receiver.

SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter

Dec 21, 2021, 1:26 PM ET

Seahawks activated WR Tyler Lockett from the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

A brief reprieve from terrible news! Assuming he's able to work back in to shape before Sunday's game against the Bears, Lockett should be on the WR2/WR3 line against Chicago's defense. 

Dec 23, 2021, 5:01 PM ET

Tyler Lockett (hamstring) practiced in full on Friday and has been removed from the Seahawks' Week 6 injury report.​

Lockett created a bit of concern when he popped up as "limited" on Thursday after being absent from Wednesday's report, but it appears the Seahawks were just exercising extreme caution. One of the biggest beneficiaries of Geno Smith's stunning early-season play, Lockett has continued to produce as the high-end WR2 he was under Russell Wilson. The Cardinals are a plus Week 6 matchup, keeping Lockett locked into the top 18.
Oct 14, 2022, 9:46 PM ET

Tyler Lockett caught 2-of-5 targets for 17 yards in the Seahawks' Week 6 win over the Cardinals.

The Seattle offense couldn't get much going with Geno Smith constantly under pressure, leading to a strange distribution of targets that featured Noah Fant as the team's top pass-catcher. Lockett's five looks were only good for a 16 percent target share. Things should return to normal when the Seahawks face the Chargers next week. Lockett sits on the WR2/3 border heading into Week 7.

- NBCSportsEDGE

no practice Wed & Thu with hammy injury. no one worried about this? waiting on practice report for today.

Seahawks Practice Report - Thu
Friday is typically the only day that matters when it comes to practice, especially for veterans. But yeah, missing Thursday isn't comforting.

If he's at practice today I'd feel very comfortable starting him this week, in a great matchup. If he's not, its probably a big boon to Kenneth Walker, as Seatle likely gets more run heavy.

no practice Wed & Thu with hammy injury. no one worried about this? waiting on practice report for today.

Seahawks Practice Report - Thu
Friday is typically the only day that matters when it comes to practice, especially for veterans. But yeah, missing Thursday isn't comforting.

If he's at practice today I'd feel very comfortable starting him this week, in a great matchup. If he's not, its probably a big boon to Kenneth Walker, as Seatle likely gets more run heavy.
bolded is the last thing i need with Lockett in my lineup and Kenny in my opponent's! :oops: but agree with the assessment across the board. Thanks.

Pete Carroll said Tyler Lockett's chances of playing "are really good." But won't know for sure until game day.
https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1583562923615883265

i don't know how this qualifies as an update but tis the state of the nfl with its new and improved questionable is the same as probable designation. jokes aside, it's the hammy so it's understandable, won't know what you don't know until you know. or until he stretches it out in the morning on game day.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tyler Lockett (hamstring) is expected to play in Week 7 against the Chargers.​

Pete Carroll said earlier in the week, "His chances are really good at playing." He also indicated Lockett was held out of practice to make sure he would be ready for Week 7. It looks like the plan worked and Lockett will play. Seattle gets a potential shootout with the Chargers, putting even a banged-up Lockett in WR2 territory.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 23, 2022, 8:12 AM ET

Tyler Lockett caught 7-of-8 targets for 45 yards in the Seahawks' Week 7 win over the Chargers.

Lockett saw a team-best 29.6% target share on a day DK Metcalf was carted with a first-half knee injury, but the veteran wideout was unable to do much with his looks. Marquise Goodwin paced the team in receiving and caught both touchdowns with a 4/67/2 day. If Metcalf needs to miss time, Lockett will vault into WR1/2 territory ahead of a Week 8 date with the Giants.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Gonna disagree with the rotoworld take there. If Metcalf is out, I don't think that helps Lockett. I think it leads Carroll to going back to the run 1st offense he prefers. Lockett probably sees a bigger share of a smaller pie, which is a net push, in my eyes.

Gonna disagree with the rotoworld take there. If Metcalf is out, I don't think that helps Lockett. I think it leads Carroll to going back to the run 1st offense he prefers. Lockett probably sees a bigger share of a smaller pie, which is a net push, in my eyes.

Lockett and the entire offense is dust without metcalf. Huge downgrade

Tyler Lockett caught 3-of-5 targets for 42 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 10 loss to the Bucs.​

Lockett found the end zone for the third consecutive game and his fifth score of the season this week. Outside of the 21-yard score, it was an uneventful day for the speedy receiver. His five targets only accounted for a 15 percent target share. Lockett hasn't reached 70 yards in a game since Week 5. If he stops scoring touchdowns, he will look more like a WR3 when Seattle returns from the bye in two weeks.
Nov 13, 2022, 1:11 PM ET

Tyler Lockett caught 9-of-12 targets for 128 yards and a touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 13 win over the Rams.​

In addition to becoming the first Seahawk to post a receiving touchdown in five straight games, Lockett posted new season highs in yards and targets while matching his best receptions mark. His longest grab was his 36-yard score in the first quarter where he caught a down-field crosser then made a few defenders miss. With Ken Walker (ankle) injured this afternoon, the Seahawks will likely have to keep riding their passing game against Carolina's stout aerial defense in Week 14.
Dec 4, 2022, 7:28 PM ET

Tyler Lockett caught 7-of-9 targets for 68 yards in the Seahawks' Week 15 loss to the 49ers.​

The scoreless night snapped a six-game touchdown streak for the eighth-year pro. He still led the Seahawks in receiving, and has now cleared 60 yards in six of his past seven games. He was lucky to reach 7/68 as the 49ers' pass rush kept Geno Smith on the run all evening long. Forming the league's narrowest target tree with DK Metcalf, Lockett will remain both a good compiling and touchdown bet for Week 16 against the Chiefs in Kansas City.
Dec 15, 2022, 11:47 PM ET

Tyler Lockett has been diagnosed with a broken right index finger and is in doubt for the final three games of the regular season.​

Lockett suffered the injury late in Seattle's Thursday evening loss to the 49ers. Coach Pete Carroll said it's unclear if Lockett will require surgery, but that it is similar to an injury Rashaad Penny suffered in the 2018 preseason. Although it was not a long-term issue, it sidelined Penny several weeks, and Lockett doesn't have several weeks to get healthy with only three games remaining. His loss would elevate Marquise Goodwin into the No. 2 spot opposite target hog DK Metcalf, and make life that much more difficult for a struggling Geno Smith. If Lockett is done, he will finish 36 yards shy of his fourth straight 1,000-yard campaign. We should get more information on Friday.
SOURCE: Michael-Shawn Dugar on Twitter
Dec 16, 2022, 12:22 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread