What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (2 Viewers)

And Nakobe Dean
They seriously do not need to draft a linebacker that high unless they're unhappy with WIllie Gay and Nick Bolton. Perhaps Dean is really good in coverage at 6'0", but he's small for a linebacker. 

But what do I know? They drafted Clyde and I couldn't believe that, either. 

Yeah, I mean 70+ Mil guaranteed isn’t cheap, and speed guys do tend to slow down as they age. 

In a couple of years, this deal might look a lot better for KC. 
Three days ago: That Davante Adams deal is NUTZ!!!

Today: How do the Chiefs not match that??

Basically, I think it comes down to: When you have Mahomes, you don't need to pay guys 24 mill per year. 

Not just the Bills but Denver has got to be feeling much better about trading for Wilson. Instead of challenging for wildcard,  the rest of the AFC West are even more of a legit threat for their division title with KC losing Tyreek.
I’d still put the Chiefs ahead of the Raiders because Mahomes >>> Carr, but it’s a lot closer than it was yesterday. 

Basically, I think it comes down to: When you have Mahomes, you don't need to pay guys 24 mill per year. 
I’ve seen teams put stuff like this to the test in the past with mixed results.

Packers & Chiefs f’d around this year…maybe they’ll find out. Maybe not. 

I’ve seen teams put stuff like this to the test in the past with mixed results.

Packers & Chiefs f’d around this year…maybe they’ll find out. Maybe not. 
I'm a believer in Andy Reid as on offensive mind. 

MVS, Juju, meh. I actually have a dynasty roster with both these guys, so I'm glad their value went up, but Mecole is the guy I think is value. 

Let's assume that the Chiefs draft a rookie WR but they aren't Chase/Jefferson and put up a WR1 season immediately.  And let's assume the best FA WR they sign is MVS.  

Denver is probably the favorite in the AFCW right?  Or does this just blow the whole division wide open?  I don't guess it would really surprise me if any of the 4 teams in there won it...

I believe this trade hurts Hill more than Waddle fantasy speaking.
Yes, instead of a stud that could challenge for #1 WR overall I think you are looking at lower-end WR1 numbers or upper WR2. Keeps Waddle from jumping up to stud WR1 status as was hoped though IMO, but still should be a solid WR2. Unless Tua either greatly improves or completely implodes that is.

Let's assume that the Chiefs draft a rookie WR but they aren't Chase/Jefferson and put up a WR1 season immediately.  And let's assume the best FA WR they sign is MVS.  

Denver is probably the favorite in the AFCW right?  Or does this just blow the whole division wide open?  I don't guess it would really surprise me if any of the 4 teams in there won it...
the spread in most of the AFC west games will probably be -3 or less.....the season will probably come down to injuries and when they happen....

:angry: :cry: :doh: :hot: :rant: :censored:

Just traded a large package for Tyreek a few weeks ago in dynasty. I also own Waddle.

I know no one cares.  :ptts:
Same, at least I wrangled the 1.02 as part of it

Everyone wants to play in Miami. That's why they get all the free agents for a discount, and have developed a winning program over the last 40 years. 
There is no state tax in Florida. The contract is *much* bigger than it looks in that sense. That said I am flabbergasted the Chiefs let him walk. I can't help but think something toxic developed there.

It's the new market, I guess. 

Hey everybody, guess what? As if it couldn't get any more stark, the draft and picks just got even more valuable if you're building a team. These salaries to guys given second contracts is borderline surreal with the money thrown around. 
Yes absolutely. It was stark yesterday. No doubt, though. I don't know when the next CBA gets negotiated but I have a feeling ownership will come down hard.

My recommendation: start drinking heavily. 
Today is the last day of my antiobiotics run so I can't drink until tomorrow. GD it. 

NE won a ton of games including SB's with a great QB....stud TE....and WR's we can barely remember....

Kelce is 33 though and KC hasn't been able to hit on defensive picks as well as NE always seemed to.

No doubt they are still an every year contender for as long as they have Mahomes, but this seems like a big hit. Hill wasn't just a great wr he completely changed how teams had to play defense. 

I'm a believer in Andy Reid as on offensive mind. 

MVS, Juju, meh. I actually have a dynasty roster with both these guys, so I'm glad their value went up, but Mecole is the guy I think is value. 
Folks who’ve held him have been praying for this for years. He never had a shot with Hill there since they filled the same role basically. Put up or shut up time. 

Hill wasn't just a great wr he completely changed how teams had to play defense. 
this. and all the magic Mahomes pulls off buying time for Hill to sneak open downfield?

Uh, yeah - not sure who he’s gonna chuck It up to now.  Hardman is a player, but he’s not Tyreek Hill.

Denver is probably the favorite in the AFCW right?
I had Denver as the favorite almost immediately after the deal for Russ. I believe in Russ, I guess. He's still a top-flight QB to me. I wonder about people questioning him, actually. If his finger is right, he's ready to lead them to the division crown, IMO. 

Three days ago: That Davante Adams deal is NUTZ!!!

Today: How do the Chiefs not match that??

Also, the way Defenses are playing against the Chiefs not giving up the big play takes away the appeal of Hill. He still gets in his big plays but not like he used to. The draft has some quality replacements this year. 

As a Bronco fan Tyreek terrified me so I’m happy. I agree with the opinion the Chiefs might be better off in a couple years. They will still be a contender obviously this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Denver as the favorite almost immediately after the deal for Russ. I believe in Russ, I guess. He's still a top-flight QB to me. I wonder about people questioning him, actually. If his finger is right, he's ready to lead them to the division crown, IMO. 
I like Herbert and the Chargers just as much, but yeah. Russ broke a finger in his throwing hand and came back prematurely. He is elite.

Folks who’ve held him have been praying for this for years. He never had a shot with

Hill

there since they filled the same role basically. Put up or shut up time. 
I think he can be a nice player, and I love the way Reid schemes guys, but he's no Tyreek.

Thing about the Chiefs offense: On 3rd and 8, when you NEED that play, they had two guys. Kelce down the middle, or Tyreek, on a gawdamned 6 yard crossing route, which no one can cover him on consistently, not when you have to respect the deep stuff. 

Such an advantage, on 3rd and 8, to throw an udnerneath crossing route, and have it work most of the time.

That will be the hard thing to replace. When everything is working, they spread it around, but when their back was against the wall, they weren't going to anyone except for those two cheat codes. 

I like Herbert and the Chargers just as much
Same here. I didn't go with them because of, well, coin flip? I don't have great reasons other than Denver's defense last year, which struck me as pretty darn good. 

I think Herbert still has refinements to make and I actually like Denver's receiving corps more than LA. But Khalil Mack and Bosa should be terrors on defense. So who knows, really? 

The value of those top 5 WRs in the draft just jumped a bit IMO. Two of the top 3 kingmaker QBs lost their #1 guy with no real next man up. Whole lotta WR needy teams out there. 
Yep, the guys who were disappointed about not having the 1.01 after the combine have got to be salivating now. 2 of the best possible landing spots are wide open. To say nothing of a few other good long term opportunity spots like Atlanta, Detroit, New Orleans, Indy, Houston, etc. that could also go WR.

:doh:

As a Tottenham fan, let me say, I hope Woody Johnson buys Chelsea. 
It's irrelevant. The offer was 35, 38, 69 for Hill. 

The Chiefs accepted it. Hill just chose Miami. 

eta* Oh, and Woody is a terrible owner. Just awful. But not as bad as Snyder or Khan. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FUTURE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS OPPONENTS
Home
Denver Broncos
Los Angeles Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Buffalo Bills

Away
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Cincinnati Bengals
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

could be a tough year......

I just saw a tweet that said Tyreek was going from the QB with the 5th fewest yards per attempt last year to the 4th fewest in Tua. 

I didn’t watch much football last year and my memory may be failing me but I don’t recall many bombs from Patty in 2021. 

They got a pretty good assortment of draft picks coming back to them, but this seems like a very strange move for the Chiefs.  They're a super bowl team with Hill.  I'm not sure about that today. 

I like Herbert and the Chargers just as much, but yeah. Russ broke a finger in his throwing hand and came back prematurely. He is elite.
This is who I'd most like to see win the division. For some reason I just like the Chargers, I had Rivers for years in fantasy so I guess it stems from that :shrug:  Feels weird to say that I think KC might be fighting for third though after everything they've done the last few years.  

Davante Adams' deal was first reported as a 5 year, $140M deal, but after a few days we learned its really a 3 year, $67.8M deal ($22.6M APY).  There's no way Adams ever gets to years 4 or 5 of his contract.  Now people are losing their minds over a $120m deal reported by Drew Rosenhaus.  Lessons are hard learned in this space.

Users who are viewing this thread