What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (10 Viewers)

It's weird how they continue to spend resources on these "offensive weapon" types (McCluster, then DeAnthony Thomas, now Hill) just to underutilize them when it's actually working.

Last edited by a moderator:
King of the Jungle said:
Cordarrelle Patterson had a similar impact as a rookie. Not comparing the two but I do hope Hill continues to refine his skill set. Sure as heck is exciting to watch and credit to KC for putting him in the right positions to succeed. 
Funny, I thought of Patterson today while pondering Hill's value for next season.  I don't think he will have as disappointing of a second year as Patterson did, but I remember being awfully excited about keeping Patterson on my team after year one.  I also remember Patterson having a big week one in his second year too, which made it hurt even worse, because I started him for a few weeks after that waiting for him to bounce back.   Hill certainly is fun to watch, but it is frustrating seeing him break a big play and then not get additional chances henceforth in the game.  

Hill doesn't seem to have issues running routes as a wr.   Patterson did.  Patterson was just a pure athlete with a very unrefined route tree and an unwillingness to work hard on his craft.  Hill seems more polished.   

I don't think the 2 are a good comparison.  

Hill's the reason why I spent a 13th round draft pick on the Chiefs DT/ST.    He's been worth the early selection to say the least.   

Who's going to start him against Denver in their final ? 

Im unsure. I've put in claims for Inman against Cleveland and may go with him. If Williams is struggling he may be a target hog as well 

Who's going to start him against Denver in their final ? 

Im unsure. I've put in claims for Inman against Cleveland and may go with him. If Williams is struggling he may be a target hog as well 
I'm nervous after seeing his usage this past week. He's the ultimate boom/bust this week. 

I'm starting him...but it's a bonus scoring league so a long run for a TD (like he had last week) or a punt return TD results in a bunch of points.

plus my WRs have sucked all season and I don't really have any better options.

What is Hill's dynasty value?  As a person who drafted Patterson over Brown (biggest fantasy regret) coming off his amazing end of his rookie season, I'm worried about Hill losing his value.  

He did score 3 TDs against Denver a few weeks ago.  I don't see Maclin getting much against this secondary.  Hill might be their only real option to score points again.  I think I just talked myself into starting him over Tyrell Williams.

I'm thinking I may start Ted Ginn over Hill at Flex.  Better match up plus should be high scoring but I am sure I will live to regret this decision.

I'm nervous after seeing his usage this past week. He's the ultimate boom/bust this week. 
That kind of a game is GOOD for his outlook; Reid realizes he screwed up and will force-feed him this week. A 4-5 type touch game last week would be far worse for his outlook, with Reid thinking even that's enough, which it's still clearly not -- he should be getting 10+ no question. 

What is Hill's dynasty value?  As a person who drafted Patterson over Brown (biggest fantasy regret) coming off his amazing end of his rookie season, I'm worried about Hill losing his value.  
In return leagues I'd place him at about WR20.  He's currently sitting at WR11 in my PPR return yardage league so he's got top 10 potential for sure, but I'd need to see it for more than a year before trusting it to see if he gets an increased role or if he's a 5-touch a game guy.  He's in the Tyrell Williams/Jamison Crowder tier for me right now.

His comparables to Corderrellle Patterson are amazing. I understand if you're riding him in championship week tomorrow, but if you're a dynasty owner I would see if someone else is willing to pay a mid-2017 1st. I'd be happy with a high 2nd if I had him. 

That kind of a game is GOOD for his outlook; Reid realizes he screwed up and will force-feed him this week. A 4-5 type touch game last week would be far worse for his outlook, with Reid thinking even that's enough, which it's still clearly not -- he should be getting 10+ no question. 
I'm playing him. It's the championship, and he defines the guy I will regret sitting all off-season if I lose and he blows up on my bench. Too much upside when he gets looks, and I think he'll see them with a hawkish Denver pass D all over Maclin and Kelce. I think he's going to get opportunities for Smith to look his way, and I'm willing to take a gamble on him being used a little more in Reid's game plan this week. His potential when he does get looks can't be on my bench.

Bell just put me ahead in my championship game. A TD and 50 yards from Tyreek would be nice cause opponent still has Zeke and Dez going tomorrow night.

a good game tonight and Hill is the waiver wire pickup of the year imo.

We should all enjoy watching this guy play football. You hear words like rare and special WAYYYYYYY too often.

This guy is truly a rare freak of nature.

We should all enjoy watching this guy play football. You hear words like rare and special WAYYYYYYY too often.

This guy is truly a rare freak of nature.
Defenses have to be scared ####less of this guy right now. He's the most explosive player in the league. 

OU St. doesn't get enough credit for the talent that they put out on a regular basis but most of them are complete knuckleheads!

Tex

Sell the guy who scores a 50 yard TD every 2 times he touches the ball?

Really though, the guy is a dummy, but his talent is no fluke. He's like what Tavon Austin was supposed to be.

Amazes me that teams still punt to him, gotta imagine coaches will be smarter than that in the playoffs.

Alternatively, he will start getting the ball more.

I think he's going to be a good player in FF beyond this year. He doesn't really fit any one conventional mold, but that's okay in today's NFL. When teams have guys who are special playmakers, they find ways to get them the ball (i.e. Sproles, Woodhead, Reed, etc). A few carries and 4-5 catches per week can go a long way for someone this explosive.

He had a phenomenal rookie season. Played like a top 10 pick. I think the biggest concern moving forward is just that he's a dummy who could let success get to his head or get in trouble off the field. Purely in football terms, he's the real deal.

Considered trading him straight up for Dixon, but talked to a friend I trust that said not to do it. Holding for now. Just an impressive year. I hope he starts getting the ball even more. 

Ugh, he didn't really clarify anything as a Dynasty owner. Yes, he had a stretch of amazing games, but he didn't show an ability to catch a reliable number of passes per game. He's like Cpat 2.0.  Got burned once and hesitant to get burned again.

Users who are viewing this thread