What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (3 Viewers)

I'm going with Tyreek over Kenny Britt this week.

Am I nuts?
If maclin is out no you're not nuts.  also, Jared Goff is QB this week, not keenum.  Keenum seemed to have chemistry with Britt, Goff...who knows?  He might make a one week star out of some third or fourth string WR that he plays with a lot in practice since he doesn't practice as much with the ones.  Happens all the time.  Avoid ALL rams skill players this week.  

Tyreek Hill has been more and more involved and especially in PPR seems to be a safe play now with a very high ceiling.  I'm considering him over Jeremy Hill vs Buff in a standard league.  Feels like a very ballsy move for me, but I think Tyreek's matchup vs TB is SWEET and Hill's is mediocre at best.  I'll probably go back and forth 10 times on that one but if it were bw hill and britt for me it's a no brainer, fire up TyFreak!  

In my PPR with return stats, Hill is averaging 12.9 PPG and is WR34.  He's the #2 rookie WR.  12 man, start up to 5WR with flex. 

Graded PPR with return stats he's averaging 12.5 and is WR31.  16 man start up to 5WR.

Yeah, he's a starter.

Maclin

83%

88%

3%

0%

Conley

58%

73%

88%

84%

Wilson

19%

27%

71%

72%

Hill

35%

28%

59%

61%

Looks like he's seeing a solid 60% of the snaps with Maclin out. I don't know if I'd count on him being utilized 14 times though.

Maclin

83%

88%

3%

0%

Conley

58%

73%

88%

84%

Wilson

19%

27%

71%

72%

Hill

35%

28%

59%

61%

Looks like he's seeing a solid 60% of the snaps with Maclin out. I don't know if I'd count on him being utilized 14 times though.
They were also down 17 on the road last week and needed to throw. This week at home vs tampa the script could be reversed

Maclin

83%

88%

3%

0%

Conley

58%

73%

88%

84%

Wilson

19%

27%

71%

72%

Hill

35%

28%

59%

61%

Thx, SSND. I agree that banking on 14 looks again is imprudent.

That said, MacGroin is confirmed out again (as of a few minutes ago), so another 60% of the snaps, at least we can expect. All he needs is one big play to be strong on plow.

Last edited by a moderator:
#Beast

In my return yardage leagues, Tyreek Hill is now the #9 WR for the 2016 season. Of course he was the #1 WR overall last week, on my bench like everyone else.

ROS fantasy schedule looks delicious. @ATL, OAK, TEN, DEN

he's on a team with precious little in the way of playmakers. with maclin out, he was going to get utilized. once reid saw that he could do something, he got his opportunities increased. i love his upside next year. 

he's on a team with precious little in the way of playmakers. with maclin out, he was going to get utilized. once reid saw that he could do something, he got his opportunities increased. i love his upside next year. 
I'm not sure I'm high on his future. Lot of factors working against him:

#1. As we all know, it's a rare thing these days for a team to keep a key piece of their offense on special teams. Some point soon in the future, the team will decide they want to feature him on offense and likely take him off either or both kick/punt returns, or they keep getting him involved in slightly more limited snaps and keep him on return.

#2. Maclin will be back.

#3. Alex Smith severely limits his potential. He's a burner without a QB able to get him the ball out deep. Can't anticipate his catch/target volume last night each week, especially once #2 happens.

#4. By the end of the season, teams will just stop kicking to him.

#5. The way he was used last night, I saw a lot of Percy Harvin in his "gadget player" years, which limited his potential.

ShamrockPride said:

#1. As we all know, it's a rare thing these days for a team to keep a key piece of their offense on special teams. Some point soon in the future, the team will decide they want to feature him on offense and likely take him off either or both kick/punt returns, or they keep getting him involved in slightly more limited snaps and keep him on return.

#2. Maclin will be back.

#3. Alex Smith severely limits his potential. He's a burner without a QB able to get him the ball out deep. Can't anticipate his catch/target volume last night each week, especially once #2 happens.

#5. The way he was used last night, I saw a lot of Percy Harvin in his "gadget player" years, which limited his potential.
#3 I think will sort itself out. Thought I heard they were looking to move on from Smith? If so, don't see how Tyreek can't be a D-jax clone in Reid's offense.  Besides, even if we are witnessing his "limited" potential with Smith I'm ok with that

#5 Wasn't a healhty Harvin a WR1 when Vikings were in full gadget mode with him? So not sure this is a factor working against him

#3 I think will sort itself out. Thought I heard they were looking to move on from Smith? If so, don't see how Tyreek can't be a D-jax clone in Reid's offense.  Besides, even if we are witnessing his "limited" potential with Smith I'm ok with that

#5 Wasn't a healhty Harvin a WR1 when Vikings were in full gadget mode with him? So not sure this is a factor working against him
Smith is old enough anyway I'm sure they are getting ideas on transition in motion by now, so will be tough to say anything for sure on that front until we actually see someone new. Hopefully will be a draftee and not some stop gap like Cutler (though that could be interesting come to think of it...). And Harvin was probably close to a borderline low WR1/high 2 in his best years, but he did still return kicks. Not saying that can't happen here, just not what has been a typical trend in recent years. If so, then game on.

ShamrockPride said:

#2. Maclin will be back.

for those savvy dynasty owners that were able to grab him on the cheap, his value relative to cost is likely just fine with a cap like you describe. i don't think next year he will get much in terms of special teams duty because he's earning more playing time and a shot as a starter. a touch here and there maybe in any game. they'll up his snap at the slot or moving him around. they need Wilson/Conley/Robinson to develop on the outside opposite Maclin. Reid's offense is a version of the west coast and that means lots of short-intermediate passing opportunities which is Smith's strength. Hill can be moved around and lined all over. get this kid in space and let him turn on the jets. i have no idea how to gauge his value relative to other players without the special teams value. 

He's getting this production vs. Alex Smith and Andy Reid.  If that's not matchup-proof I don't know what is.

Kicking myself for not stashing couple of weeks ago. Missed on Watkins too. I'll take a shot dropping Jarvis Landry in non-PPR, but who knows this can really keep up.

I had an offer of Hill for Dion Lewis(I have Dion) this week and passed.  Still not sure if I was wrong for passing though.

Reid inexplicably cut his snaps down to his lowest number since Week 8 which I'm sure nobody saw coming and now Maclin's expected back this week according to Schefter. Who knows what to make of Hill this week? I'd sure love to trot him out as my WR4 against the Raiders given his upside but after he failed to reach my expectations this week I'm not sure I wanna kick my Week 14 off with another bummer of a game from him again. What are other Hill owners planning to do with him against Oakland?    

My guess is that he's not very good at running routes at this point. They have to spoonfeed him the ball, which isn't really ideal in running your offense.

My guess is that he's not very good at running routes at this point. They have to spoonfeed him the ball, which isn't really ideal in running your offense.
Could be but his role had been growing despite that and then all of a sudden Reid cuts his snaps back significantly coming off a historic game when he was a huge reason why they won? That was really odd and really out of the blue. 

Could be but his role had been growing despite that and then all of a sudden Reid cuts his snaps back significantly coming off a historic game when he was a huge reason why they won? That was really odd and really out of the blue. 
I cut him loose the week before his breakout game after paying closer attention. He didn't seem to flow in the offense. I had a feeling he'd have another down game again even after scoring three TDs because of that. I'm also positive he'll explode again this season, just seems like a dart throw scenario.

I cut him loose the week before his breakout game after paying closer attention. He didn't seem to flow in the offense. I had a feeling he'd have another down game again even after scoring three TDs because of that. I'm also positive he'll explode again this season, just seems like a dart throw scenario.
Yeah nobody should be expecting another Gale Sayers game but he had been getting some solid production. Just seemed odd that his snap count would be reduced so significantly and it did come out of the blue. I'm just wondering what Maclin's return will mean for Hill's role now. Maclin wasn't playing well before he got hurt but he'll definitely have a role so I'm curious if that will lead Reid to reduce Hill's snap count even further or what he plans to do with one of his Top 2-3 weapons behind Kelce. 

my guess is Kelce. he was bad last week with lots of drops. He had a catch rate of about 50%. This week Kelce is much more efficient. Caught 8 of 9 targets. Guess which game Hill got more involved in the passing game? With Maclin back and Kelce ahead of him, I'd be hard pressed to endorse Hill as a must start right now.

my guess is Kelce. he was bad last week with lots of drops. He had a catch rate of about 50%. This week Kelce is much more efficient. Caught 8 of 9 targets. Guess which game Hill got more involved in the passing game? With Maclin back and Kelce ahead of him, I'd be hard pressed to endorse Hill as a must start right now.
That's where I'm at with him too - which probably means he's all Gale Sayers again on Thursday night. 

Any last minute thoughts on this guy for this week?  I'm rolling him out over Maclin tonight and hoping for some prime time magic.  It might just be wishful thinking, but I'm thinking Maclin might open things up for him a little bit.

Any last minute thoughts on this guy for this week?  I'm rolling him out over Maclin tonight and hoping for some prime time magic.  It might just be wishful thinking, but I'm thinking Maclin might open things up for him a little bit.
ditto...hoping maclin and kelce draw coverage plus Ware's GL TDs last week are more of an aberration than norm.  Reid has done some crazy ##### at the goalline with inside handoffs and quick screens to lineman...

I need to pick a Flex player. I can start Hill, Pryor, Watkins, C. Hyde, T. Gurley, or K. Benjamin lol. Yahoo has Hyde ranked highest. Hyde and Gurley have best weather conditions also. Probably go with Hyde. Weather being super cold and I hate Thursday games. I am starting Cooper tonight. Probably best to hedge my bets and leave Hill on the bench. 

Going with Hill tonight, mainly because Marshall, Maclin and M Jones have all flamed out for me this season. 

I have a bye this week,but if I didn't I'd almost definitely start hill over brandin cooks.  He is a primary weapon for that offense.  And frankly his usage seems to have deceased Spencer Ware's upside more than kelce's or Maclin's.  

i could be wrong BC I haven't watched a ton of KC games.  But what I'm reading is that aside from a few deep shots they take to hill every week they mostly target him around the LOS and let him create while setting up blocks.  

His breakout seems to have coincided with less carries for ware every week.   No?

Users who are viewing this thread