What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

Double bink!

I'm not sure you can sit this guy going forward. He's got a nice floor with an equally nice ceiling. 

Isn't he a WR1 in a return league?
He sure is.  It's still ballsy to start him over Julio.  Although he's likely not starting him over Julio, there has to be someone else that Julio is better than.

Travis Kelce was on Sirius XM NFL in preseason and they asked him who the breakout player was going to be.  Kelce absolutely RAVED about Hill.  Called him the most dynamic player he's ever seen.  I made sure to grab him in all three of my dynasty leagues for minimum bids, so I'm loving this.

I'm  noticing a pattern.  Big week, small week.   Big week, small week.  I wonder if that isn't Reid doing his thing, or just a coincidence.  

If only returns counted in my league. Really pleased although the fumble is annoying. Starting him and Gabriel this week alongside Beckham, so hopefully one of the three properly explodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't he a WR1 in a return league?
After last night's game, these are the WR rankings in my return league:

1. Antonio Brown

2. Mike Evans

3. Julio Jones

4. Odell Beckham Jr.

5. Tyreek Hill

Obviously Hill has one more game under his belt than others, but that is still insane.

After last night's game, these are the WR rankings in my return league:

1. Antonio Brown

2. Mike Evans

3. Julio Jones

4. Odell Beckham Jr.

5. Tyreek Hill

Obviously Hill has one more game under his belt than others, but that is still insane.
Yep, looks similar to my league.  He was sitting around WR12 before this week's games.  Honestly, he's putting up the type of numbers that most expected out of Tyler Lockett this season.

Long term value? Can he be a dependable WR2 in the future? (non-return league)
I'm pretty giddy to own him in PPR & return yards dynasty. With Alex Smith checking down (PPR) and kick returns combined with play-making ability which I think we can say we've seen a sample of now, there's only room to grow at this point. Remember he did this with Maclin back in the lineup last night too, this kid has talent. Got his shot when Maclin got hurt and still found ways to contribute once Maclin returned to action. Whether the shift from KR to full-time WR over time will continue to hold this high of a value, as I'm not ready to call him a WR1 as a pure receiver by any means, will be the tell tale. Would not shock me based on pure talent if he can evolve into a pure WR1, but we have to see before we can make that declaration IMO because it's a big one. Enjoy the ride for the time being, though :thumbup:

I was thinking T.Y. Hilton...
Not getting enough standard offensive targets for the Hilton comparison yet.  He's somewhere on the Austin/Lockett/Hilton continuum, but I think closer to Lockett territory.

Of course, the KC offense holds down his output compared to the Indy offense too.  Could Hill be Hilton if we put him on the Colts?  Maybe but I'm not sold that far yet.

I'm pretty giddy to own him in PPR & return yards dynasty. With Alex Smith checking down (PPR) and kick returns combined with play-making ability which I think we can say we've seen a sample of now, there's only room to grow at this point. Remember he did this with Maclin back in the lineup last night too, this kid has talent. Got his shot when Maclin got hurt and still found ways to contribute once Maclin returned to action. Whether the shift from KR to full-time WR over time will continue to hold this high of a value, as I'm not ready to call him a WR1 as a pure receiver by any means, will be the tell tale. Would not shock me based on pure talent if he can evolve into a pure WR1, but we have to see before we can make that declaration IMO because it's a big one. Enjoy the ride for the time being, though :thumbup:

Maclin in the line up is different in this context. Maclin's been out for weeks and likely out of synch here in the offense. He only got 3 targets after all. That said, as a Hill owner, I'm liking his upside more and more each week. He's a playmaker on an offense mostly devoid in that department. I'm surprised that Oakland didn't try to angle the punts better in order to keep the ball out of his hands. Del Rio likes to gamble but that's just dumb.

Nice player to own down the stretch. Even better if you get PPR and ST numbers. KC started a 3 home game run last night which could provide a lot of juice for FF lineups. Love Kelce and Hill and they have proved their value.

Maclin in the line up is different in this context. Maclin's been out for weeks and likely out of synch here in the offense. He only got 3 targets after all. That said, as a Hill owner, I'm liking his upside more and more each week. He's a playmaker on an offense mostly devoid in that department. I'm surprised that Oakland didn't try to angle the punts better in order to keep the ball out of his hands. Del Rio likes to gamble but that's just dumb.
I think they did and King just pushed it.  On the TD all of the coverage was playing a left boundary return, but King kicked it to the right hash.  No one was in position to cover that kick.  I don't put that on JDR.

First playoff game and he earns me 16.8 in standard scoring. 

Maclin's gotta eat into that production, though, because there's a return touchdown that's worth six thrown in there.

But his standard over the past few weeks looks pretty good.  

I think they did and King just pushed it.  On the TD all of the coverage was playing a left boundary return, but King kicked it to the right hash.  No one was in position to cover that kick.  I don't put that on JDR.
Yeah, they were directional punting most of the night as far as I noticed.  

He's Raghib "Rocket" Ismail reincarnated.

No, Rocket is not dead.
Guy certainly was special at returning KOs. I was at the game in 89 when #1 ND played at #2 Michigan. He returned returned two consecutive kickoffs for TDs that day and ND won 24-19.

Guy certainly was special at returning KOs. I was at the game in 89 when #1 ND played at #2 Michigan. He returned returned two consecutive kickoffs for TDs that day and ND won 24-19.
I remember that game. My buddy and I watched it while playing Blades of Steel on Nintendo. 

Arodin said:
Not getting enough standard offensive targets for the Hilton comparison yet.  He's somewhere on the Austin/Lockett/Hilton continuum, but I think closer to Lockett territory.

Of course, the KC offense holds down his output compared to the Indy offense too.  Could Hill be Hilton if we put him on the Colts?  Maybe but I'm not sold that far yet.
Hes way better than lockett in all facets. Needs to learn to run better routes tho. 

I saw Ismail run a 100m dash at my university and he was the fastest man I've ever seen for the first 60m.

Does he go in the 2nd or 3rd round next year?
Cordarrelle Patterson had a similar impact as a rookie. Not comparing the two but I do hope Hill continues to refine his skill set. Sure as heck is exciting to watch and credit to KC for putting him in the right positions to succeed. 

Users who are viewing this thread