What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

Per Redzone update, Tyreek Hill sent to local hospital. KC Trainer: "Shoulder injury caused some distress in his sternum area, and Hill had to have some emergency care given to him, now in care of ortho-trauma physician." Further updates tomorrow.

these are pretty bad injuries tbh. I'd give an opinion but I'd get railed for it. its typically not good
I know....god forbid some of us with knowledge and experience around sports injuries offer some friendly insight. Get bashed like we are wishing they are hurt.....lol.

In any case.....not looking for Tyreek Hill right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know....god forbid some of us with knowledge and experience around sports injuries offer some friendly insight. Get bashed like we are wishing they are hurt.....lol.

In any case.....not looking for Tyreek Hill right now. 
Always seems that way. It's like whenever people talk about having insider info. God forbid you share some knowledge or opinion from someone on the inside. I get it a ton in wrestling despite the people I know. They aren't big shots but people in the industry. God forbid you give any insight and people who don't know you act like you are some joke. It is fun when you end up being right on it but both my experience and what you guys are talking about are completely different in right. You hope your not in your situations. 

Best possible scenario considering the possibilities. 
Just to be clear, this is only based on what I read in the tweet from the team athletic trainer...

If he truly suffered a posterior SC dislocation, this is a very serious injury.  The tweet seemed to try to downplay the hospital evaluation, but this really can be a medical emergency, even life threatening in worst case scenario.

Best case scenario, he will be out 6 weeks.  The problem with the SC joint is if it is unstable due to the ligaments being torn during the dislocation, it is extremely hard to get that stability back, even with surgery.

Schefter’s comment about only missing a few weeks is odd considering the type of injury.  Either he has more info that we do not have yet, or he is making a very poor assumption based on the conservative (non-surgical) treatment plan.

Based on the info so far, my guess is we are looking at an extended IR stint.

Just to be clear, this is only based on what I read in the tweet from the team athletic trainer...

If he truly suffered a posterior SC dislocation, this is a very serious injury.  The tweet seemed to try to downplay the hospital evaluation, but this really can be a medical emergency, even life threatening in worst case scenario.

Best case scenario, he will be out 6 weeks.  The problem with the SC joint is if it is unstable due to the ligaments being torn during the dislocation, it is extremely hard to get that stability back, even with surgery.

Schefter’s comment about only missing a few weeks is odd considering the type of injury.  Either he has more info that we do not have yet, or he is making a very poor assumption based on the conservative (non-surgical) treatment plan.

Based on the info so far, my guess is we are looking at an extended IR stint.
Rotoworld reporting the same. 

No surgery, 2-3 weeks. 

Without surgery I see no reason he’d need an extended IR stint. 

Users who are viewing this thread