What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WW pickups from week 4 (or, ww pickups for week 5) (1 Viewer)

There are way better lottery tickets, imo. If you're a Hyde owner, I get it. Bid a couple bucks if you'll have the roster space through bye weeks. But for other owners? Unless it's a keeper/dynasty, I'm not seeing any reason to roster Chubb. 
Well the opportunity cost for me would be adding Keke Coatee as my WR7, Cameron Brate as a streamer, or chasing Taylor Gabriel's points.

There are way better lottery tickets, imo. If you're a Hyde owner, I get it. Bid a couple bucks if you'll have the roster space through bye weeks. But for other owners? Unless it's a keeper/dynasty, I'm not seeing any reason to roster Chubb. 
If I was a Hyde owner, I'd grab him.

Hyde tends to get nicked up. And that offense is more dynamic now. Chubb (or Hyde) with all the RB touches would be super valuable.

TJ Yeldon is here to stay. Fournette looks to me to be IR bound soon.he can't stay on the field.hammy. due for an ankle sprain any day now. 

is Frank Gore a buy low? is there value there? really thought Drake would be a good player - underrated just how bad a coach that Gase clown really is..

is CJ Anderson is good add? can CMC keep up this pace? 

if you haven't gotten A. Jones you're about 2 weeks late to the party.

and are we supposed to go get Nick Chubb too? I think it's a good speculative add at this point.

@Soulfly whats the skinny on this backfield?

Elevencents said:
Coutee. Led the team in targets. Kid is a baller. Full disclosure this is with Fuller going out. 
Not just when Fuller is out either. The Texans have no TE usage. We have plenty of decent/ok targets out there, but they just seemingly cannot commit to the TE. 

Hopkins is the possession receiver, Fuller is the deep threat, and Coutee will have a role regardless as the slot guy. He'll be good for at least 5-6 targets a game even with a fully healthy Fuller and looks like he'll be more along the 10-12 targets with Fuller out.

Not just when Fuller is out either. The Texans have no TE usage. We have plenty of decent/ok targets out there, but they just seemingly cannot commit to the TE. 

Hopkins is the possession receiver, Fuller is the deep threat, and Coutee will have a role regardless as the slot guy. He'll be good for at least 5-6 targets a game even with a fully healthy Fuller and looks like he'll be more along the 10-12 targets with Fuller out.
I'd give him more than that, and don't think the spread is that high.  I'd expect about 8 vs 11 targets per game based on Fuller's availability. 

BobbyLayne said:
How much would you hypothetically bid for Chubb if you were hypothetically a Hyde owner with say, IDK, $89 left of your FAAB?
I have Hyde and $82 left. I'm not bidding screw it

kyoun1e said:
If I was a Hyde owner, I'd grab him.

Hyde tends to get nicked up. And that offense is more dynamic now. Chubb (or Hyde) with all the RB touches would be super valuable.
This. I would offer five bucks. Plus the other guys you are targetting instead don't seem to offer that much value.

I’ve been holding on waivers for two weeks a now up to the number 6 spot.

Going for Chubbs

If I don’t get Chubbs, Kittle was dropped last week when the owner overreacted to Garrapalo’s injury.  I play the guy this week so even though I own Gronk I can’t resist grabbing Kittle to play him against his previous owner the week after a hasty drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhett Ellison and Nick Vannett look to produce now with injuries ahead of them. May as well flip a coin tho with these TEs. I may grab Ellison if Brate is taken. 

What about Corey Grant?

Yeldon appears to be the next man up, but Grant has looked good in limited opportunities.

Really? I disagree. Who knows how long Fournette is out for and Yeldon has already produced. GB still seems to not really know what they're doing at RB. I think it's Yeldon and not really close. Could it be Jones by the end of the year? Sure, but for now I think it's definitely Yeldon.
Sorry, I guess I should've elaborated, just like voiceofunreason did in the next post.  Yeldon for short term, Jones for season.  I read "stash" and automatically said Jones.

Really bad week for me to lose Hilton, with AR15 (I guess he's AR12 now :P ) and Godwin on bye.

Looking to snag one of Coutee, Kroft, Rogers, Pascal or Kroft in FAAB.

Chubb played on 4% of the snaps like he has all year. I wouldn't go crazy on him, despite playing out of his mind Hue didn't give him more snaps or touches.

*Short bench*

Aaron Jones better stash/spot start than Yeldon?
No way. GB loves their committee approach and none of them are hurt. Williams pass protects better than Jones so will continue to get a lot of snaps. 

Yeldon could potentially start rest of season with how banged up Fournette has been ... and the Jags still have one of the best o-lines in the league.  Yeldon is a top 30 overall option rest of season.

If Ito Smith is still on your WW he probably needs to be rostered in case Freeman doesn't come back this week. He played on a season high 43% of the snaps last week and actually leads the team in RZ utilization.

I would roster D.J. Moore in case CAR found a way to get him more involved after the bye, his snaps doubled from weeks 2-3.

I'd probably ignore Kroft and Uzomah in CIN. Uzomah played on ~70% of the snaps to Kroft's ~30% though. Erickson played a lot more with Ross gimpy.

In deep leagues I'd look at Higgins because he and Mayfield's chemistry from the preseason looks to have carried over into the reg season.

Swaim has averaged a 20% target share over the past 2 weeks.

Heuerman saw a season high 21% of the targets last week with Butt out.

Coute's 36% target share is mind boggling.

Chester Rogers saw the biggest bump with Hilton out.

Yeldon obviously needs to be rostered but I think Grant does as well.

Everett saw his snaps double with Higbee out.

Aldrick Robinson is fool's gold.

Brate is an obvious add with Howard out.

Interesting about Chubb. He was drafted in both leagues I was in, and is still rostered. I have Hyde, so his performance was indeed eye-opening.  

Surprised this is only mention of Mike Davis. Didn't they say he'll be mixed in even when Carson is back? Plan on going all in with my FAAB in dynasty for him. He looked good last year, he's looked good this year.
There will be games where all of Carson, Davis, Penny and Prosise play (like in week 2). In that offense, behind that line with Schotty calling plays I think they're all a hard avoid.

If Ito Smith is still on your WW he probably needs to be rostered in case Freeman doesn't come back this week. He played on a season high 43% of the snaps last week and actually leads the team in RZ utilization.

I would roster D.J. Moore in case CAR found a way to get him more involved after the bye, his snaps doubled from weeks 2-3.

I'd probably ignore Kroft and Uzomah in CIN. Uzomah played on ~70% of the snaps to Kroft's ~30% though. Erickson played a lot more with Ross gimpy.

In deep leagues I'd look at Higgins because he and Mayfield's chemistry from the preseason looks to have carried over into the reg season.

Swaim has averaged a 20% target share over the past 2 weeks.

Heuerman saw a season high 21% of the targets last week with Butt out.

Coute's 36% target share is mind boggling.

Chester Rogers saw the biggest bump with Hilton out.

Yeldon obviously needs to be rostered but I think Grant does as well.

Everett saw his snaps double with Higbee out.

Aldrick Robinson is fool's gold.

Brate is an obvious add with Howard out.
What site do you sue to get the snap counts?  TIA

I'd probably ignore Kroft and Uzomah in CIN. Uzomah played on ~70% of the snaps to Kroft's ~30% though. Erickson played a lot more with Ross gimpy
Although last year after Eifert went down from Week 3 on Kroft was consistently >90% snap count ROS vs. Uzomah <30%. 62 targets to 15. No change in usage after Lazor took over. 

Who is the bye week pickup at TE?  Not many choices.  Was thinking Kroft initially, but now thinking of Clay or Hueurman based off this week's usage.

*Short bench*

Aaron Jones better stash/spot start than Yeldon?
If you want the spot start for this week I would go Yeldon.  For the long term I would go Jones.  Jones' touches have gone up each week and he does a lot with him.  I expect that trend to continue based on the comments from the team.  However, even if his touches go up again this week I would think Yeldon would still get more.  

Yes, but the issue is with the bye you may only get Brate for one game.  It could be good for that one but don't spend a lot for that one week.
This is true. But he will still be Winston’s #1 going forward. Howard will just cut into his ceiling. 

How hard is everyone going after Coutee in Dynasty?  What are people thinking long-term?

I've got #1 Waiver priority in a dynasy league, 0.5 ppr.  I like him a lot, but also feel like his upside is a WR3.  Going back and forth on whether or not to burn it.  I'm sitting pretty at WR, but I've got some guys that I don't care to let go of on the end of my bench.  

Users who are viewing this thread