What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WW WR - hold or make a move? (1 Viewer)

Barksdale

Footballguy
0.5 PPR league -- start 3 WR -- V. Jefferson, R. Bateman, and T. Burks are sitting on the waiver wire.
Current WR: S.Diggs, A. Cooper, Diontae Johnson, Drake London, M. Pittman, J. Smith-Njigba (JSN)

Going in to Week 1, how would you rank the 3 waiver wire WR in terms of pick up priority and would you drop JSN (Seahawks rookie) or M. Pittman for any of them?

My thoughts:
V. Jefferson: essentially the WR 1 with Kupp out - Stafford @ QB - even as a default WR 1 could be tough sledding
R. Bateman: IMO is the WR 1 - Lamar @ QB - coming off an injury, seems like he's being undervalued in a major way but TBD if BAL will be a run-heavy offense
T. Burks: talent is there, coming off injury, being drafted at high as 8-9th round in some drafts, WR 2 to DHop - Tannehill @ QB - could be a run heavy offense
M. Pittman: WR 1 on what could be a very run heavy offense - A. Richardson @ QB - did have 99 rec in 2022
JSN: exciting rookie but WR 3 to start the season - G. Smith @ QB - coming off injury

Last edited:
For me:
Jefferson
Burks
Bateman

Stafford is probably gonna have to throw a lot and Kupp is out. Jefferson would be the next logical choice for the Rams. I don't think Bateman is going to amount to anything. It has been a constant positive drumbeat for Flowers. Not to mention, didn't Bateman lash out about the team on twitter or something like that? Can't imagine that made many people in the organization happy. Burks is a possibility, but as long as Henry can still tote the rock, I don't see Tennessee suddenly lighting it up through the air.

Best bet may be to just take a wait-and-see approach with JSN.

For me:
Jefferson
Burks
Bateman

Stafford is probably gonna have to throw a lot and Kupp is out. Jefferson would be the next logical choice for the Rams. I don't think Bateman is going to amount to anything. It has been a constant positive drumbeat for Flowers. Not to mention, didn't Bateman lash out about the team on twitter or something like that? Can't imagine that made many people in the organization happy. Burks is a possibility, but as long as Henry can still tote the rock, I don't see Tennessee suddenly lighting it up through the air.

Solid information & agree with this!!

For me:
Jefferson
Burks
Bateman

Valid points. I think Bateman felt slighted on the comments from the GM. Bateman also re-tweeted about the Ravens strength coach (no longer with the team) who was very unpopular with other NFL players as well. My understanding is that according to Bateman, the strength coach pushed him to keep playing with an injury which aggravated his injury even more.

Last edited:
I would put Jefferson as #1 if you need someone to play right away but since you don't and I don't see Jefferson surpassing Diggs, Cooper, Johnson, or London I would likely hold with what you have and see if Pittman and JSN can develop and hit a ceiling to become playable.

It is very close for me between Jefferson and Pittman in that scenario and wouldn't fault you if you wanted a higher floor guy (Jefferson) over the higher ceiling guy (Pittman). But I wouldn't touch JSN. He is the exact type of guy to hold onto when you are in your situation. The upside is huge and that is what is needed to break into your lineup barring injuries.

What is interesting, is in my ppr league, Van Jefferson was projected lets say 11pts & that was before Kupp was announced out this week. Looking today, his projections are now 8.5-9. Now we all know how to handle projections 😁, but was curious why his went down after Kupp was announced out.

People not sold on him to take over #1 or is it a combination of a bad o-line & no confidence in him being the guy??

What is interesting, is in my ppr league, Van Jefferson was projected lets say 11pts & that was before Kupp was announced out this week. Looking today, his projections are now 8.5-9. Now we all know how to handle projections 😁, but was curious why his went down after Kupp was announced out.

People not sold on him to take over #1 or is it a combination of a bad o-line & no confidence in him being the guy??

usually the #2 steps into the #1 slot and gets a bump in stats.
but sometimes the #2 does that and suddenly finds himself facing off against the other teams top corner and it turns into ..... nothing.
so its not always a given that this will mean better production. and given the lack of other passing options a team could just choose to double cover him and force the rams to beat them with the other WR on the roster.
so there is an element of risk here too.

I do still like Jefferson better than the other WR listed. but the risk of this happening is real and obviously the guy who put together this rating believes so as well.

Users who are viewing this thread