What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Scoring Changes (SD Defense) (1 Viewer)

schlesinj

Footballguy
As of yesterday Yahoo had the total fantasy points for SD at 4 and it was changed to 2 and my game which I lost as of Monday changed from a loss by 1 point to a win by 1 point.

Does anyone know where the scoring difference was? Where are the changes posted? Thanks.

As of yesterday Yahoo had the total fantasy points for SD at 4 and it was changed to 2 and my game which I lost as of Monday changed from a loss by 1 point to a win by 1 point.Does anyone know where the scoring difference was? Where are the changes posted? Thanks.
If you go to 'players', then 'stat corrections' you'll see them (make sure you click on 'week 15').Looks like they took a fumble recovery away from SD D on the onsides kick (makes sense, since Bowe didn't really have possession IMO).

As of yesterday Yahoo had the total fantasy points for SD at 4 and it was changed to 2 and my game which I lost as of Monday changed from a loss by 1 point to a win by 1 point.Does anyone know where the scoring difference was? Where are the changes posted? Thanks.
If you go to 'players', then 'stat corrections' you'll see them (make sure you click on 'week 15').Looks like they took a fumble recovery away from SD D on the onsides kick (makes sense, since Bowe didn't really have possession IMO).
Thank you. I just found it. My opponent is going to be pissed.

Yeah I just noticed this too, but luckily our tiebreaker is total TD's scred by our starters and I had more! Crazy thing is that the other team ended in a tie too..

I lost due to this correction. Last night I won by 1-1/2 points and woke up this morning and see I lost by 1/2 point. Yahoo credited a Fumble lost back to Duwane Bowe.

Damn it. There goes anywhere from 300-800 bucks.

Looks like they took a fumble recovery away from SD D on the onsides kick (makes sense, since Bowe didn't really have possession IMO).
Man, never thought of that...if Bowe touches it, that makes the ball live, so I would think he loses the fumble (oh crap, i have Bowe!!!)NEVERMIND...he NEVER HAD IT!!Actually, if noone touches it, it still seems like a 'recovered fumble' even though noone lost it. Man, that's crazy.

somebody figure this out please... I have a guy in my league that lost as a result of this same thing and he's furious... He lost a chance at the finals by half a point because of this... Its looks on this scoring change per yahoo that they are giving Bowe credit for the fumble... but not giving SD Def credit for a recovery....

somebody figure this out please... I have a guy in my league that lost as a result of this same thing and he's furious... He lost a chance at the finals by half a point because of this... Its looks on this scoring change per yahoo that they are giving Bowe credit for the fumble... but not giving SD Def credit for a recovery....
When i checked the stat correction in my yahoo league, it showed a minus point for both Bowe and SD D.The stats for Bowe for week 15 shows no fumble lost.

Does the NFL consider a successful onside kick a "fumble recovery" ? and I did check earlier and it showed the Bowe had one kick return for 1 yard credited to him this last game... Im lost here... did he have it and fumbled or naver had it or what???

Does the NFL consider a successful onside kick a "fumble recovery" ? and I did check earlier and it showed the Bowe had one kick return for 1 yard credited to him this last game... Im lost here... did he have it and fumbled or naver had it or what???
kickoffs are live balls. nobody needs to touch it for the kicking team to maintain possession. The sole caveat is that the ball must travel 10 yards before a member of the kicking team is the first player to touch the ball.

Watching the replay of the onside kick on www.nfl.com right now...

Looks like Bowe jumped, had the ball in his hands, but the ball was knocked loose before he got back to the ground.

My best guess is that the play was inadvertently scored as a fumble and fumble recovery, then simply called an onside kick recovery. I don't believe that counts as a fumble recovery.

Just my best guess.

Users who are viewing this thread