What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yogi's Early Dark Horse Candidate for MVP (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Some of you may know that earlier this week, I predicted the Falcons will be the first team to not only play a Super Bowl in their home stadium, but also win a Super Bowl in their home stadium when they beat the Patriots next February 27-24.  And why do I say this?  Well, it's because they have the best run game in the NFL.  No one is talking about Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman when they mention the Falcons as Super Bowl contenders.  They go straight to Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.  Well, Devonta Freeman is the workhorse back that will probably get about 60% of the team's carries.  As a matter of fact, and for the record, he's going to get at least 1,500 yards on the ground this year.  And, yes, I predict Devonta Freeman will be this season's MVP, even though he's a dark horse.  You heard it here first: Devonta Freeman for MVP!

Even at 1500 yds, you think that is going to best Zeke or Fournette? I wouldn’t bet on it. Just pick a QB.... I hearby predict Andrew Luck as my sleeper MVP. He has to throw the ball 600 times and if they finish above .500 the press will be all over him.

I think the Rams might be this year's regression team, but in the Super Bowl prediction thread, they have the most picks. With that in mind, Jared Goff at 40-1 isn't the worst bet. 

Even at 1500 yds, you think that is going to best Zeke or Fournette? I wouldn’t bet on it. Just pick a QB.... I hearby predict Andrew Luck as my sleeper MVP. He has to throw the ball 600 times and if they finish above .500 the press will be all over him.
If Luck just survives the year he should win some type of award especially when you consider the defenses/pass rushes in his division alone.

You said Matt Ryan would be MVP in your other thread. 
For the record, I didn't say Matt Ryan would be MVP, I just said Calvin Ridley would be the difference in the Falcons winning the Super Bowl.  Here's my list of awards for the preseason:

MVP: Devonta Freeman

Offensive Player of the Year: Tom Brady

Defensive Player of the Year: Cameron Heyward

Comeback Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Sam Darnold

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Marcus Davenport

Coach of the Year: Anthony Lynn

Let's review my preseason predictions: (*-Wild Card)

NFC East

1. Eagles (11-5)

2. Giants (8-8)

3. Cowboys (8-8)

4. Redskins (5-11)

NFC North

1. Packers (11-5)

2. Vikings (11-5)*

3. Lions (10-6)

4. Bears (7-9)

NFC South

1. Falcons (12-4)

2. Saints (11-5)*

3. Panthers (7-9)

4. Buccaneers (5-11)

NFC West

1. Rams (10-6)

2. 49ers (9-7)

3. Seahawks (7-9)

4. Cardinals (4-12)

Wild Card Playoffs: Rams over Vikings, Eagles over Saints

Divisional Playoffs: Packers over Eagles, Falcons over Rams

Conference Championship: Falcons over Packers

AFC East

1. Patriots (12-4)

2. Jets (9-7)*

3. Dolphins (7-9)

4. Bills (4-12)

AFC North

1. Steelers (11-5)

2. Ravens (7-9)

3. Browns (4-12)

4. Bengals (4-12)

AFC South

1. Jaguars (10-6)

2. Texans (9-7)*

3. Titans (8-8)

4. Colts (5-11)

AFC West

1. Chargers (10-6)

2. Broncos (8-8)

3. Chiefs (7-9)

4. Raiders (5-11)

Wild Card Playoffs: Jaguars over Texans, Chargers over Jets

Divisional Playoffs: Steelers over Chargers, Patriots over Jaguars

Conference Championship: Patriots over Steelers

Super Bowl LIII: Falcons 27, Patriots 24

For the record, I didn't say Matt Ryan would be MVP, I just said Calvin Ridley would be the difference in the Falcons winning the Super Bowl.  Here's my list of awards for the preseason:

MVP: Devonta Freeman

Offensive Player of the Year: Tom Brady

Defensive Player of the Year: Cameron Heyward

Comeback Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Sam Darnold

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Marcus Davenport

Coach of the Year: Anthony Lynn
Look at the bold predictions thread.

Let me clarify what I meant to say: In the bold predictions thread, I did say Matt Ryan, but then, after careful consideration, I realize the Falcons have the best running game that no one's talking about.  And that's why I will go on record and say officially Devonta Freeman will be named MVP.

Users who are viewing this thread