What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You can boot 3! people from your party. Who are they? (1 Viewer)

Max Power

Footballguy
I just thought this would be be a fun exercise, although 3 probably isn't enough for us all. Try to pick someone who isn't obvious. i.e. extreme left or right... You have to pick at least one politician, but can move to media members if you need. To vent you can included names as a Bonus: No justification needed. Be as political as you want, no replies needed.

As a conservative, I'd boot MTG. I get she is probably extreme right and I'm already violating my rules. I just don't care for how she justifies her positions. She could score a TD without spiking the ball, but her celebration is so extreme it distracts from the issue. She also takes some very narrow minded points of view.

Ted Cruz, I view him as a total opportunist. The way he bends to how any situation presents itself is shameful. Ted is smart enough to branch out on his own and be a republican, but he toe taps the line too much. I think the fact that I put all my eggs in the Ted Cruz Basket at one point and he undermined me, causes this rating.

Ben Shapiro - He just needs to go. He knows how to frame disagreements to make himself seem right, but I think he is a hateful person without the best intentions.

Bonus: Bobert, Kinslinger, and Don. Jr.

Anyone over the age of 70. Anyone who has served more than 20 years. I want new blood in there with new ideas.
As someone with no party this works for me.

some random names off the top of my head and no real thought…

Trump, Biden, Pelosi, Cruz, Graham*

*stopped here not because there aren’t others, there definitely are, I just realized I blew past the “3” the OP asked for.

Last edited:
The quick, short answer is The Squad. But I reckon they'd be considered extremists. And the Clintons are pretty much gone now. So no need to kick dirt on them.

So, I'd say Maxine Waters, Andrew Cuomo, and Tulsi Gabbard.
Id say similar here.
If Maxine is considered too extreme still...might as well kick Pelosi to the curb.

Maybe a different way to view this is how your friends and family see you and your political views.

They say so and so said x,y,z, and expect you to defend it. Who is so and so?

Two off the bat: Maxine Waters and Ihlan Omer. Both have shown themselves to be completely reprehensible. I’ll have to think about the third person.

@Max Power- while this is an interesting exercise I would limit it to politicians. Therefore I would leave Ben Shapiro off your list.

For Republicans :Trump, MTG, (3rd place tie Gosar, Boebert, Gaetz, Jordan, Hannity, Carlson, R. Johnson, R Paul, McCarthy, J Hawley, G Thomas, Gohmert, Biggs, Brooks,
For Democrats: Omar, AOC, Waters

Tulsi Gabbard.

Can you tell me what you dislike about her?
I haven't heard much about her lately. But this post reminded me that she was pushing the "United States funds bioweapon labs in Ukraine" story really hard back in the spring and that story has completely disappeared. The fact that it disappeared so quickly makes me think that it was definitely Russia propaganda. It does not make her look good imo.

Tulsi Gabbard.

I haven't heard much about her lately. But this post reminded me that she was pushing the "United States funds bioweapon labs in Ukraine" story really hard back in the spring and that story has completely disappeared. The fact that it disappeared so quickly makes me think that it was definitely Russia propaganda. It does not make her look good imo.

Russian propaganda. You actually believe the lies that Hilary said about her?

Tulsi Gabbard.

No. I didn't say that. I said pushing a story that appears to be Russia propaganda, even unintentionally, is a bad look.

Tulsi Gabbard.

No. I didn't say that. I said pushing a story that appears to be Russia propaganda, even unintentionally, is a bad look.

You felt so strongly about it that you picked her as one of your three. I assumed you had stronger feelings.

Btw- We have all been attacked by Russian propaganda for decades and unfortunately they are winning that battle. The demoralization is real.

Charlie Baker , MA governor. Worst governor in my lifetime . He’s done here but I’d still like to toss him out
Mitch McConnell- I acknowledge we owe him a debt of gratitude for saving us from Garland on the SC but it’s time to go for the obvious reasons
Hannity-‘nuff said

Two off the bat: Maxine Waters and Ihlan Omer. Both have shown themselves to be completely reprehensible. I’ll have to think about the third person.
Terrible spelling. And you were calling out jon the other day :wink:

Ilhan Omar

I find her to be an excellent rep actually.

Agree with Waters. I'd get rid of Manchin and Harris

Btw- We have all been attacked by Russian propaganda for decades and unfortunately they are winning that battle. The demoralization is real.
Russia isn't winning anything these days. Sure, we are bombarded by the propaganda, and many have fallen for it, but Russia is a **** show compared to us

Russia isn't winning anything these days. Sure, we are bombarded by the propaganda, and many have fallen for it, but Russia is a **** show compared to us

This country has been demoralized. There are now more people in this country who hate than love it. If you support the US of A you’re a racist Trumper.

I fear It’s over already, most just haven’t realized it.

Last edited:

This country has been demoralized. There are now more people in this country who hate than love it. If you support the US of A you’re a racist Trumper.

I support the USA and I'm not a racist Trumper.

That must be some online trope or something. Bold statement to claim there are more who hate the country than love it and if you support the country you are a racist.

That must be some online trope or something. Bold statement to claim there are more who hate the country than love it and if you support the country you are a racist.

It’s not some online trope. Please do not take my thoughts and pass them off as something I’m parroting.

As evidence by these political threads we are all at each others throats. You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. The gap is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

That’s a microcosm of this country. We are slit into two sides and it’s getting worse.

This isn’t by accident. It has been a 50+ year silent war on our country and the cracks are getting worse.

If we don’t come together, which we won’t- things will get worse. I fear only a event like 9/11 with galvanize is as a nation. By then it may be too late.

I mean we’ve literally got millions of people today who honestly think they shouldn’t have to work for a living. Do you think these type of folks are going to be willing to pick up arms and fight to the death? We’re running out of good Americans who are willing to lay down their life to protect this country. Why would you wanna protect the country that you hate? These kids are being taught to hate their country.

I mean we’ve literally got millions of people today who honestly think they shouldn’t have to work for a living. Do you think these type of folks are going to be willing to pick up arms and fight to the death? We’re running out of good Americans who are willing to lay down their life to protect this country. Why would you wanna protect the country that you hate? These kids are being taught to hate their country.
You make a lot of assertions in your last paragraph that are simply false IMO. I don’t believe that there are millions of people here who honestly think they shouldn’t have to work for a living. I don’t believe that half the nation hates this country and I don’t believe that “these kids are being taught to hate their country.”

I can’t disprove these assertions but I don’t think it is my responsibility to do so. I believe that such assertions should be backed up by the person making them.

It’s not some online trope. Please do not take my thoughts and pass them off as something I’m parroting.

As evidence by these political threads we are all at each others throats. You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. The gap is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

That’s a microcosm of this country. We are slit into two sides and it’s getting worse.

This isn’t by accident. It has been a 50+ year silent war on our country and the cracks are getting worse.

If we don’t come together, which we won’t- things will get worse. I fear only a event like 9/11 with galvanize is as a nation. By then it may be too late.

You get grumpy at me putting thoughts in your head, but you seem to know what millions of others are thinking.

Then let's just say we all seem to live in different countries. I don't get the feeling that there are more who hate the country than love it. No links to articles, examples, nothing- just stating it as though it's fact. Just strikes me as odd, so I made an assumption as to where people get this idea. Since I don't see it IRL, and I have 0 online presence besides this place, my first assumption is that there are loud examples of this online and in SM.

You get grumpy at me putting thoughts in your head, but you seem to know what millions of others are thinking.

Then let's just say we all seem to live in different countries. I don't get the feeling that there are more who hate the country than love it. No links to articles, examples, nothing- just stating it as though it's fact. Just strikes me as odd, so I made an assumption as to where people get this idea. Since I don't see it IRL, and I have 0 online presence besides this place, my first assumption is that there are loud examples of this online and in SM.

Grumpy? Asking you politely to not attribute my own thoughts and opinions to something that I just read online means I’m grumpy?

I need to back up my thoughts with articles of other peoples thoughts? Why is that? Why do I need to cite somebody else’s thoughts or opinions to validate my own thoughts and opinions?

I have to work today. I don’t have time to scour the Internet in order to appease you. And I say that with all due respect.

I will admit that I was being a little hyperbolic when I said more people hate this country than love it. That’s obviously not true and I retract that statement. I will say that there are millions of people who Have no idea how lucky they are to have been born or to live here.

Grumpy? Asking you politely to not attribute my own thoughts and opinions to something that I just read online means I’m grumpy?

I need to back up my thoughts with articles of other peoples thoughts? Why is that? Why do I need to cite somebody else’s thoughts or opinions to validate my own thoughts and opinions?

I have to work today. I don’t have time to scour the Internet in order to appease you. And I say that with all due respect.

I will admit that I was being a little hyperbolic when I said more people hate this country than love it. That’s obviously not true and I retract that statement. I will say that there are millions of people who Have no idea how lucky they are to have been born or to live here.
Your last statement I agree with. Millions of native born people simply have no idea how lucky they are. You know who DO know how fortunate it is to be an American? Immigrants. Including illegal immigrants. That’s why we need far more immigrants.

You don't have to do a thing man. A lot of my curiosity with people's opinions, especially one as strong as that, is where they get the info and examples to form said opinion - especially when it's that drastically different from my thoughts and experiences.

But, at the end of the day people come at things from a way different starting point sometime. Unless it's some poll or article studying people's dislike of the country, what would happen with you giving me individual examples would be me acknowledging kooks, but saying it's still a leap to say a majority think like that, or even a large enough %.

I've gone around with a few people about how my base outlook on people differs vastly from theirs.

Your last statement I agree with. Millions of native born people simply have no idea how lucky they are. You know who DO know how fortunate it is to be an American? Immigrants. Including illegal immigrants. That’s why we need far more immigrants.
It's perspective too. You could say millions, it could be true, but it's still not even more than 1-2% of our population. There are a ton of us here.

Yes and no. legal immigrants yes. People who want to come here and adapt to the American way of life and principals, NOT people who want to come here and turn this place into the hellhole they left.

Yes and no. legal immigrants yes. People who want to come here and adapt to the American way of life and principals, NOT people who want to come here and turn this place into the hellhole they left.
Which type do you think there are more of?

Well, batting .500 or so ain't bad.

As far as who to boot, these are pretty easy:

DJT - He's always been personally derelict. Now hopefully we can move on with DeSantis; good policy in a sane package
MTG - It's hard to say this about a rep, but she is a complete moron. Total embarrassment.
Matt Gaetz - Epitome of the word "douche". Another embarrassment.

You realize how much new homes would cost if 15 yo Mexican girls weren't painting them?

You realize how much less UFC fighters would be making if overpriced Modelo wasn't flying off the shelves?

Tulsi Gabbard.

You felt so strongly about it that you picked her as one of your three. I assumed you had stronger feelings.

dude...she went and guest hosted Tucker Carlson's show recently. What else needs to be said?

What needs to be booted are critical race theory and gender theory. The authors of these were all entrenched in Marxist ideology and they were very open and honest about their purpose, to tear down our institutions to create this divide. The ideals which make this country great have been lost and we are no longer grounded on the common values of free speech, equal treatment, and the American dream.

I'm still a registered Republican.

Therefore:

Trump - just end the embarrassment.

Kelli Ward and Paul Gosar - for local reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread