What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You Have One Day Left to Live: Describe Your Perfect Pizza (1 Viewer)

Mister CIA

Footballguy
I'll lead.

Crust: classic New York thin

Sauce: High-quality red sauce.  I've got a killer recipe that requires mixing a little shredded parm with dry white wine.

Cheese: 85% mozzarella, 15% cheddar ... 8% Gorgonzola

Toppings: Seasoned beef, sliced Castelvetrano olives, caramelized onion, roasted New Mexico chiles, and thinly shaved mushrooms..

Baked: well-browned on the top.

You had up until the onions.  My thing with the onions, no matter what, they take over the pizza.

This, to me, changes daily so today I would choose this :

Crust : Thin

Sauce : yes. . . red - work some garlic in

Cheese : yes - a lot - most of the time just mozzarella

Toppings : Pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, meatballs, olives (black or kalamata)  

Baked : well not burnt

There's this place here in Indy called Jockamo's Upper Crust that makes a really good thin pizza crust, well done and this place got me into their meatballs, very small (about the size of medium pepperoni's) but I tried it just for the hell of it years ago and I was impressed.  They use a really hot oven, they really have an amazing crust, sauce, cheese and topping ratio, it's just about perfect every time, pretty amazing.

Wood burning over.  Thick crust.  Mozzarella topped with fresh mozzarella.  Sauce.  Grilled chicken, jalapeños, roma tomatoes and crushed red pepper.

There’s a place in Metairie, Louisiana called Brooklyn Pizza that makes the best version of New York pizza I think I’ve ever had, including in New York. 

20” pizza, sauce, cheese, Pepperoni as the only topping, and a side of the sauce to dip the crust in. 

New Haven crust 

Fresh mozzarella and buffalo 

sausage and pepperoni and extra cheese 

We're done here.  
Sometimes I feel like we are related.  It just keeps happening post after post.

I'd leave off the pepperoni and add light mushroom.  Perhaps.  Otherwise, yes all day.  New Haven 👍

Sometimes I feel like we are related.  It just keeps happening post after post.

I'd leave off the pepperoni and add light mushroom.  Perhaps.  Otherwise, yes all day.  New Haven 👍
Seems like we have a lot of substantive agreements. I find that cool.   :thumbup:

My favorite is a medium crust basic special.   Cheese, Pepperoni, ham, mushroom, onion, green pepper.

I'll lead.

Sauce: High-quality red sauce.  I've got a killer recipe that requires mixing a little shredded parm with dry white wine.

Toppings: Seasoned beef, sliced Castelvetrano olives, caramelized onion, roasted New Mexico chiles, and thinly shaved mushrooms..

That's a lot of percents there....

I'll lead.

Any chance I could get this sauce recipe? 

"8% Gorgonzola" was the name of my one-man show on the fall of the Roman Empire. Critics said "stinky", "fiddling", "poorly aged" and "the work of an anal retentive who doesn't wipe properly".

Any chance I could get this sauce recipe? 
Here's the YouTube of it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOmbEALwf_s

Some of the annotations are missing, including the list of ingredients, but I have them written down.

60 ml (2 oz) Olive Oil
500 g (17.5 oz) Pureed Tomatoes (boxed Italian Passata)
180 g (6 oz) Tomatoes, cored and diced coarsely
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Hot Paprika
120 g (4 oz) Onion, diced
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil, dried
1 tsp Black Pepper, coarsely ground
1 tsp MSG
6 cloves Garlic
30 g (1 oz) Parm, finely grated (get the good stuff)
60 ml (2 oz) Red Wine Vinegar
30 ml (1 oz) White Wine, dry

Procedure:

1.  Heat a heavy-bottom, non-reactive pan on medium.  When it's hot, add the olive oil.  Wait for the oil to just start smoking.

2.  Add 1/3 of the passata.  Beware of splatter!  DO NOT STIR.

3.  Add sugar, salt, and paprika

4.  After a minute and sauce is slightly darkened, stir.

5.  After five minutes when the oil separates from the tomato sauce, add the onion.  Reduce heat and cook until onions are soft (about 10 minutes).

6.  Add the rest of the passata, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, back pepper, and MSG. Stir in the cubed tomatoes.

7.  Partially cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium-high

8.  Add sliced garlic, parmesan cheese, and white wine.  Stir until cheese is melted.

9.  Remove from heat and puree with stick blender.  Taste for salt.

It's meant to be a bold sauce and it should be spread thinly over the crust.  Probably would hurt to add a little red food coloring, as it leans a little to the orange.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fortunate enough to have grown up near the original Ledo's Pizza, near the University of Maryland.  Many a time my parents would order from them on a Friday night and I would have whatever was left for breakfast the next morning.  Now, there are 3 within a 15 minute drive from my house.  So far, the quality has remained consistent with the original location.  Anyway, my choice would be a large with pineapple and pre-cooked bacon.

NY Style crust
Slightly sweet, basil, garlic style sauce
Blend of Mozz and Smoked Gouda cheese
Canadian Bacon
Thin sliced green tart apples
Thin sliced red onions
Chicken Sausage

Thin crust-.

Really good red sauce

Green olives--lots of green olives--not sliced--full olives

Smothered in Mozz. 

My last meal?

Pizza?

Thin crispy crust topped with panko breaded fresh fried shrimp, hand cut fries and Remoulade sauce. No marinara, no cheese

For die-hard vegetarians, it doesn't get better than Anthony's Coal-Fired arrugula pizza, or the roasted cauliflower and garlic. Ask them not to make the crust too burnt. 

i love pizza many ways and styles.  one i do not get tired of is

wood fired. no, or light sauce.

mozz/fontina blend or bufalo.

proscuitto, arugala, mushrooms, truffle oil, shaved parm

something like this...

Proscuitto/Arugala

Twins Pizza in North Providence, Rhode Island. Large cheese, pepperoni and mushroom. Cooked medium well. Yup, you can decide how done you want your crust. 

rockaction said:
New Haven crust 

Fresh mozzarella and buffalo 

sausage and pepperoni and extra cheese 

We're done here.  
I've never had New Haven pizza. Can you guys describe?

Mister CIA said:
Here's the YouTube of it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOmbEALwf_s

Some of the annotations are missing, including the list of ingredients, but I have them written down.

60 ml (2 oz) Olive Oil
500 g (17.5 oz) Pureed Tomatoes (boxed Italian Passata)
180 g (6 oz) Tomatoes, cored and diced coarsely
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Hot Paprika
120 g (4 oz) Onion, diced
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil, dried
1 tsp Black Pepper, coarsely ground
1 tsp MSG
6 cloves Garlic
30 g (1 oz) Parm, finely grated (get the good stuff)
60 ml (2 oz) Red Wine Vinegar
30 ml (1 oz) White Wine, dry

Procedure:

1.  Heat a heavy-bottom, non-reactive pan on medium.  When it's hot, add the olive oil.  Wait for the oil to just start smoking.

2.  Add 1/3 of the passata.  Beware of splatter!  DO NOT STIR.

3.  Add sugar, salt, and paprika

4.  After a minute and sauce is slightly darkened, stir.

5.  After five minutes when the oil separates from the tomato sauce, add the onion.  Reduce heat and cook until onions are soft (about 10 minutes).

6.  Add the rest of the passata, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, back pepper, and MSG. Stir in the cubed tomatoes.

7.  Partially cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium-high

8.  Add sliced garlic, parmesan cheese, and white wine.  Stir until cheese is melted.

9.  Remove from heat and puree with stick blender.  Taste for salt.

It's meant to be a bold sauce and it should be spread thinly over the crust.  Probably would hurt to add a little red food coloring, as it leans a little to the orange.
Are you related or connected to the Russia Cooking Guy? 

Users who are viewing this thread