What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite Game of Thrones character (1 Viewer)

is...

• Jaime Lannister

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Bronn

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Arya Stark

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Tyrion Lannister

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Jon Snow

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • The Hound

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • Cersei Lannister

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lord Baelish

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Lord Varys

• Davos Seaworth

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Brienee of Tarth

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • King Joffrey

• Tywin Lannister

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
Funny poll would be who is disliked the most. Joffrey was played so well, but the show would definitely be less without him. Love me so Ramsay snow too. The sniveling guy from Kings landing who is now with the night’s watch is fun to get too. 

But if we talk dislike like fast forward scenes they are in, I’m not sure who would win. Sansa would definitely eat votes but I might think someone else would win. 
Dany for me, except for maybe two or three scenes that would be played at 1/2 speed.  

Love me some Joffrey. Kid was awesome.
funny, that's the only character I actually hated. I feel bad for the kid who played hi, b/c he did such a damn good job that IDK if i can watch him in anything else and not feel disgust over a fiction character from a whole other story. 

my 1st thought is Little Finger...dude was so smooth, hanging with all the whores, big pimp style, but all along was plotting a scheming his way up the ladder.  

I love the way Lady Olenna was played and for someone with limited screen time, she made the most of every scene. 

Not gonna lie, my GoT crush was Margaery Tyrell, again she was a scheming type character who was indeed playing the game...plus was mostly naked through the whole show. 

Can’t really argue with this. Just re-watched his trial episode (4.6) and he crushes it

I wanted to go with the novelty of some fun minor character (podrick, Ygritte, Oberyn, Ros all come to mind) but I don’t see how anybody but Tyrion is the right answer. 
Re-watched this last night also. I love how he wishes he was guilty of doing all the things they are accusing him of.

I don't like how Tyrion keeps escaping death thanks to others at the last second. He lost the trial and then asked for combat - shouldn't that be decided before the trial doesn't go your way. Then he loses the combat but he gets freed. Jorah jumped in the river to pull him out while battling stone men all around. Oh, and he has his hands tied together and never ever gets touched. on and on...  Great one-liners though no doubt.

Absolutely love this show on rewatch. You pick up so much more that's impossible to know first time around. Almost like the books. Last night, Maester Aemon was talking about Danaerys and said something like 'Poor girl, there's not a Targaryen within 1000 miles."  In walks Jon Snow. 

Tyrion, talking about how a person can die - something like 'you can die getting hung. you can die getting shot in the gut'   Few episodes later he strangles Shae like a noose and shoots Tywin.'

I picked the Hound - love the one liners and storyline. 

Just a tour de force each time he is on the screen.  An all time great villain, anti-hero, or whatever.  Normal story terms for characters do not apply on this series. 
But he's not really a villain. Had this story been told from his perspective he's be a hero. He's a force of nature who wants what's best for his disfunctional family and will do whatever he can to make that happen. That's not a villain. That's someone to be cheered for. The problem is his interests are at odds with the interests of the people written as the heroes. I loves me some Tywin. 

funny, that's the only character I actually hated. I feel bad for the kid who played hi, b/c he did such a damn good job that IDK if i can watch him in anything else and not feel disgust over a fiction character from a whole other story. 
This is such the case that many in the show have started an informal PR campaign to explain that he really is just the nicest person and not anything like Joffrey. Evidently, he is not received well in public places because of who he played and how he played him. 

But he's not really a villain. Had this story been told from his perspective he's be a hero. He's a force of nature who wants what's best for his disfunctional family and will do whatever he can to make that happen. That's not a villain. That's someone to be cheered for. The problem is his interests are at odds with the interests of the people written as the heroes. I loves me some Tywin. 
You're right.  Like I said, normal labels are hard to apply. 

Voted Bronn.

Could have voted Tyrion. Was re-watching season 4 last night and I love when Tyrion is about to kill Tywin, Tywin keeps insisting that Tyrion is a Lannister, he is Tywin's son. Then when Tyrion shots him with the crossbow, Tywin says "you're no son of mine". I never picked up that that statement is probably true.

Voted Bronn.

Could have voted Tyrion. Was re-watching season 4 last night and I love when Tyrion is about to kill Tywin, Tywin keeps insisting that Tyrion is a Lannister, he is Tywin's son. Then when Tyrion shots him with the crossbow, Tywin says "you're no son of mine". I never picked up that that statement is probably true.
My thought is Tyrion knew he was just saying whatever he had to in order to not get shot.  When Jamie was captured in season 1 Tywin was ready to burn down the world to get him back no matter what.  The scene where screamed at his commanders trying to come up with a plan that, "THEY HAVE MY SON," meant there is only plan and that is get him back and kill them for doing it.

But when Tyrion is facing trial and then death he doesn't do anything.  Instead if anything he helps it.  (At least through Tyrion's eyes because he didn't know about the deal with Jamie).  So when he says, "you're my son," Tyrion finally realizes he's full of it because if he truly believed that Tyrion wouldn't have ever been in prison.

When I get into GOT discussions, I always ask "who are your 3 favorite characters?".

So far, Tyrion had made every top 3. The rest vary, with Arya coming in 2nd.

My picks: Tyrion, Bronn and Brienne of Tarth.

When I get into GOT discussions, I always ask "who are your 3 favorite characters?".

So far, Tyrion had made every top 3. The rest vary, with Arya coming in 2nd.

My picks: Tyrion, Bronn and Brienne of Tarth.
Your three are probably my three, but I have a hard time leaving Davos and the Hound off the list.  That's definitely my top five!

No option for Jorah Mormont?? Booooooooo.  Not that he would be my number 1, but he's up there. 

In the end, I will go with the majority and say Tyrion. 

I'll vote a listed choice - Jamie.

But I was tempted to go with other - Jaqen H'gar.

Book or show? 

Interesting.  I think she is one of the duller characters in the story.  

I thought it would be Tyrion, but I think Jaime has taken his place in the last 1/3 of the story.  I think a mistake was made putting Tyrion with Dany.  
As of right now, there are 3 votes for Jamie. I believe that we are the three.

Also, I want to note KP's question about book vs. TV. I am primarily a bookie, but I love the show as well.

However, that means that I am influenced by the written stuff - can't help it.

The reason Jamie is my fav character arc of the series:

1) He is introduced as the worst - a Lannister, a King Slayer, a sister-fudder, a King's Guard, pompous, cold, etc - etc-

2) As story progresses, a change occurs in both him and the viewers/readers perspective of his past. Many will not argue now, that killing the Mad King was the correct decision. Or else all of Kings Landing would have been burnt to the ground.

3) He could never reveal the true reason he killed TMK - thus, could never defend himself. He took it. All.

4) The whole Lannister clan is F'D. He had no real hope. Yeah - rich & powerful - but - look inside all the Lannister hearts and heads...who the F could grow up in that a be normal - or even ok.

5) Alright, I could list some other things here, but it would all be just a repeat. Jamie was never fully understood. He never had a chance. He took a bullet for the realm. BUT - he did loads of F'd up stuff - can't forget.

But, if he keeps up his attempts at repentance, I think he should be forgiven.

I still root for team Dany tho.

Another way I was thinking about this today was that my favorite characters would have to be people that I would want to catch up with no matter who they are with, and they elevate any scene that they are in.   

For me that would start with characters like Jaime, Tywin, Queen of Thorns, Cersei and The Hound.   Made me think more about Tyrion because I think he has become a bit neutered in the stories after murdering Poppa, and didn't quite make the cut if I would just have this as the criteria.    

Another way I was thinking about this today was that my favorite characters would have to be people that I would want to catch up with no matter who they are with, and they elevate any scene that they are in.   

For me that would start with characters like Jaime, Tywin, Queen of Thorns, Cersei and The Hound.   Made me think more about Tyrion because I think he has become a bit neutered in the stories after murdering Poppa, and didn't quite make the cut if I would just have this as the criteria.    
Excellent view/thoughts & list, KP. 

If we are talkin' books, Marwyn the Mage, Howland Reed, Brienne of Tarth, Young Griff (supposed Aegon of Rhaegar & Elia Martel), Loras Tyrrell & Barristan Selmy are the ones that I really wanna learn more about current status - in that order after Jamie, Tyrion & your list. 

TV show - Jamie, Tyrion - again, your list (minus the dead) - then Sam (kinda fills in for Marwyn), Varys (how react to Jon/Aegon news), Brienne of Tarth, & the Cleganes (Mountain & Hound). 

Now, that said - with all the characters - I'm sure I F'n missed someone. 

Thnx for method. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Baelish was the most interesting character on the show to me.  A very well written character and I also think Aiden Gillen was one of the best actors the show had.
Yeah - I agree on LF. 

In the GoT thread, I predicted (& hoped for) big things from him this season.. 

...till C. Maximus reminded me he was dead on TV show. :doh:

Nice choice. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread