What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Top Rookie WR (pre-draft)? (1 Viewer)

Your Top Rookie WR (pre-draft)?

• Sinorice Moss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Santonio Holmes

• Chad Jackson

• Total voters

Bojang0301

Omar4Heisman
All these guys have ran sub 4.3 and have good hands. I've watched Santonio for his career at OSU but I am lost on this one. I guess I would go with Jackson on the belief that he can be a far more physical WR than the other two. :confused:

I voted Santonio, but my vote went to Jackson. :confused:

Am I on candid camera??
How do you know?I voted Santonio as well. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Jackson goes higher, or becomes the better WR in time, but IMO Santonio is more ready now. They're very close though.

I voted Santonio, but my vote went to Jackson.  :confused:

Am I on candid camera??
How do you know?I voted Santonio as well. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Jackson goes higher, or becomes the better WR in time, but IMO Santonio is more ready now. They're very close though.
Because right after I voted it said Jackson had 5 votes and the other two didn't have any.

Jackson had a great combine but nobody was very high on him until he worked out well. I think holmes body of work gives him the advantage here. Not that a work out isn't important but it can't be all we look at. A lot of poeple thought Jackson was slow because of his low YPC at Florida he did prove everyone wrong at the combine but those stats have to mean something right?

Jackson had a great combine but nobody was very high on him until he worked out well. I think holmes body of work gives him the advantage here. Not that a work out isn't important but it can't be all we look at. A lot of poeple thought Jackson was slow because of his low YPC at Florida he did prove everyone wrong at the combine but those stats have to mean something right?
Chris Leak is horrible??

Jackson had a great combine but nobody was very high on him until he worked out well.  I think holmes body of work gives him the advantage here.  Not that a work out isn't important but it can't be all we look at.  A lot of poeple thought Jackson was slow because of his low YPC at Florida he did prove everyone wrong at the combine but those stats have to mean something right?
Chris Leak is horrible??
Is that a question? I just said I made my choice because Holmes has proven his value on the field as well as in work outs. Thats all.

Jackson had a great combine but nobody was very high on him until he worked out well.  I think holmes body of work gives him the advantage here.  Not that a work out isn't important but it can't be all we look at.  A lot of poeple thought Jackson was slow because of his low YPC at Florida he did prove everyone wrong at the combine but those stats have to mean something right?
Chris Leak is horrible??
Is that a question? I just said I made my choice because Holmes has proven his value on the field as well as in work outs. Thats all.
I was just making that statement in regards to clear up why Jackson didn't have a good YPC at Florida.

By the way this is how there careers stack up against each other. I never realized how well Holmes played this year. He could be something special in the NFL.Santonio Holmes 53 977 18.4 85(TD) 11

Santonio Holmes 55 769 14.0 80(TD) 7

Santonio Holmes 32 549 17.2 47(TD) 7

Chad Jackson 88 900 10.2 80(TD) 9

Chad Jackson 29 648 22.3 81(TD) 6

Chad Jackson 3 38 12.7 29(TD) 1

By the way this is how there careers stack up against each other. I never realized how well Holmes played this year. He could be something special in the NFL.Santonio Holmes 53 977 18.4 85(TD) 11

Santonio Holmes 55 769 14.0 80(TD) 7

Santonio Holmes 32 549 17.2 47(TD) 7

Chad Jackson 88 900 10.2 80(TD) 9

Chad Jackson 29 648 22.3 81(TD) 6

Chad Jackson 3 38 12.7 29(TD) 1
Is Holmes as good as Deion Branch?(5-9, 193, 4.47 and fastest 10yd sprint and 20yd shuttle at the combine)

College:

78 for 1276 (16.4) 10 TD

71 for 1016 (14.3) 9 TD

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys ever seen Santano;s burst in open field? Just wait!

True, Jackson is a better physical receiver but Holmes will get open in any pro secondary and won;t be caught once he beats them! Just hope a team with a good QB drafts him. Because if they do Holmes will be a top 5 receiver next year!

True, Jackson is a better physical receiver but Holmes will get open in any pro secondary and won;t be caught once he beats them! Just hope a team with a good QB drafts him. Because if they do Holmes will be a top 5 receiver next year!
:shock:

Just like Deion Branch set the league on fire?

Branch didn't set the league on fire because of the offense he is in.

When New England elects, he can set the league on fire. (see super bowl 2 years ago) Branch is still a good WR pick this year at his rank with Givens gone!

Like I said a big thing on Holmes is who drafts him? If it's the right team watch out! If it's not another Branch in the makeing!

I can't compare him to Jackson because I havn't seen Jackson much. But I have followed Holmes his entire career. I am the one that yelled at him not to fumble standing right in front of him at Tempe this year as he waited for his first punt return. lol He looked right at me too and you all saw the rest.

Holmes will be an instant hit in the right offense!

There is a big difference between sprint 40 speed and football speed! You've all have never seen anything like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys ever seen Santano;s burst in open field?  Just wait! 

True, Jackson is a better physical receiver but Holmes will get open in any pro secondary and won;t be caught once he beats them!  Just hope a team with a good QB drafts him. Because if they do Holmes will be a top 5 receiver next year!
Just like Deion Branch set the league on fire?
This is kind of an asenine comment to me and I would dare say you haven't seen Holmes play. Oh and FWIW Branch barely ran below a 4.5, Holmes ran a mid 4.3 and legit runs that on the field. Not too mention with the number of first round WR busts I'm sure any team would be glad to get a WR in the first with decent production like Branch.

Branch didn't set the league on fire because of the offense he is in.

When New England elects, he can set the league on fire. (see super bowl 2 years ago) Branch is still a good WR pick this year at his rank with Givens gone!

Like I said a big thing on Holmes is who drafts him? If it's the right team watch out! If it's not another Branch in the makeing!

I can't compare him to Jackson because I havn't seen Jackson much. But I have followed Holmes his entire career. I am the one that yelled at him not to fumble standing right in front of him at Tempe this year as he waited for his first punt return. lol He looked right at me too and you all saw the rest.

Holmes will be an instant hit in the right offense!

There is a big difference between sprint 40 speed and football speed! You've all have never seen anything like him.
Ginn will be better once he becomes more refined, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread