What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Updated Rookie Dynasty Rankings: Top 12 PPR (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
The websites are way too slow updating these, so let's give it a try!

1. Hall - Not an ideal #1 and tempted to move down
2. J. Williams - ACL won't be an issue
3. Pickens - buying the hype
4. London - solid
5. Olave - solid
6. Walker - less than ideal situation, but love the skillset
7. D Pearce - looks poised to crush ADP
8. G. Wilson - love the talent, situation murky
9. Moore - might be the SOD
10. Dotson - less than ideal QB/offense
11. Doubs - give me the situation, Watson far from a known quantity
12. Burks - tempted to move him lower

Last edited:
34th pick overall, did Green Bay trade up to take Christian Watson?
Do the Packers still have Aaron Rodgers?
Even the short term seems like a better play over some of the ones listed. I couldn't take Pierce as a 4th Round draft pick at No 7 overall but you have more knowledge about Dynasty than I do, mostly a redraft junkie.

Honestly, not a ton has changed for me since the draft. After the draft I had it:
1. Walker
2. Hall
3. Williams
4. London
5. Wilson
6. Olave
7. Moore
8. Pickens
9. D.Pierce
10. Burks
11. Tolbert
12. Dotson

Right now I have it:
1. Hall, I think Carter is a concern, short and long-term, but Hall checks every other box.
2. Walker, starting to wonder if the is something in the water in Seattle for RB injuries, still, I don't see Penny as a concern.
3. London, has the looks of a high-volume player, and Falcons may have their QB already in Ridder, who has been very impressive.
4. Moore, underwhelming preseason, with glowing camp reports. Makes me think they are keeping him under wraps a bit. Only guy tied to Mahomes beyond this year.
5. Olave, looked good so far, just worry about QB situation short and long term.
6. Pickens, I've been driving this bandwagon, and now I think there's been an overcorrection. Johnson extended, big fan of Freiermuth, only 1 ball. Got him at 2.3 in June.
7. Wilson, I just think Elijah Moore is better. Wilson should be a solid WR2 though.
8. Williams, I thought he'd have a shot at week 1, and the fact he's not even close worries me a tad. Also find myself liking St.Brown a lot more than I did in April.
9. D.Pierce, another bandwagon I've been driving, underrated talent, great situation. Only concern is, like Michael Carter, Texans have all the draft capital to add another guy next year.
10. Burks, I've always been lower on him, but I figured he'd be a bit of project, so slow start doesn't worry me a ton.
11. Dotson, I just think he's not an NFL #1. He's tied to being second fiddle behind McLaurin long-term.
12. Tolbert, another guy I've been high on since before the draft, I think he's got a great shot at being Cooper's replacement and would argue he's as good as Gallup.

James Cook and Romeo Doubs were my next guys up. Never been a huge Cook fan, and I've always liked Doubs (thought he v. Watson was always 50-50)

The WR's 3-8 were always separated by very little to me.

34th pick overall, did Green Bay trade up to take Christian Watson?
Do the Packers still have Aaron Rodgers?
Even the short term seems like a better play over some of the ones listed. I couldn't take Pierce as a 4th Round draft pick at No 7 overall but you have more knowledge about Dynasty than I do, mostly a redraft junkie.
Christian Watson was never expected to come into the league and set the world on fire year one. He was always seen as a high-ceiling, boom-bust project. His dynasty value is still holding for me. Back in May, Watson was slotting in as a late round one, early round two long-term investment. It would have been nice to see him get more reps in this preseason, but I am not moving him much on my board. He was over-drafted a bit by the Packers, imo, but he still has an incredible ceiling. That first time Watson sails down the sidelines looking like Randy Moss 2.0, this board will explode, and nobody will own up to dropping him way down their rookie board!

I've felt for a while that there's a case for 6-7 guys at the #2 spot. And that's bad news for #2 more than it is good news for #7. I don't pick until rnd 3, so I probably didn't overthink my 1st rnd draft board:

1QB / 1/2 ppr

1. Hall
2. Olave
3. Pickens
4. London
5. Moore
6. Jameson
7. Wilson
8. Walker
9. Dotson
10. Burks
11. Pierce rb
12. Cook

I average consensus rankings, the film guys and their rankings do not move as much as the crowd. Sites that change rankings pretty quickly on news include keeptradecut and dynastytradecalculator. The latest (average of 22, all in August):

Edit - added info on superflex and TE premium.
1. Breece Hall

2. Drake London

3. Ken Walker
4. Garrett Wilson
5. Jameson Williams
6. Chris Olave (rising)
7. Treylon Burks (falling)

8. Skyy Moore
9. George Pickens (rising)
10. Jahan Dotson
11. James Cook
(Superflex - Kenny Pickett early in this tier)

12. Christian Watson
13. Rachaad White
14. Isaiah Spiller
15 Dameon Pierce (rising)
(TE premium - Trey McBride in this tier)

16. Alec Pierce
17. Jalen Tolbert
18. Trey McBride
19. Wan'dale Robinson
20. David Bell (falling)
21. Brian Robinson (rising)
(Superflex - Malik Willis and Desmond Ridder early in this tier)

22. Kenny Pickett
23. Zamir White
(TE premium - Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods around here)

24. Tyrion Davis-Price
25. Tyler Allgeier

Last edited:
I average consensus rankings, the film guys and their rankings do not move as much as the crowd. Sites that change rankings pretty quickly on news include keeptradecut and dynastytradecalculator. The latest (average of 22, all in August):

1. Breece Hall

2. Drake London

3. Ken Walker
4. Garrett Wilson
5. Jameson Williams
6. Chris Olave (rising)

8. Skyy Moore

This is a perfect illustration of the gaping flaw in the industry...does anybody really still have Burks over Pickens?

1. Breece Hall

2. Drake London

3. Ken Walker
4. Garrett Wilson
5. Jameson Williams
6. Chris Olave (rising)

8. Skyy Moore

This is a perfect illustration of the gaping flaw in the industry...does anybody really still have Burks over Pickens?
Just saying, but I would have the two of them right about the same spot right now. Probably Pickens slightly ahead. I get it, we've heard nothing but good about Pickens for 3 weeks, and nothing but bad about Burks for, well probably 3 months. But I try not to bite too hard on the hype stuff. The developments are definitely a game changer, but I think it brings them from a mile apart where they stood originally to pretty close together.

Just saying, but I would have the two of them right about the same spot right now. Probably Pickens slightly ahead. I get it, we've heard nothing but good about Pickens for 3 weeks, and nothing but bad about Burks for, well probably 3 months. But I try not to bite too hard on the hype stuff. The developments are definitely a game changer, but I think it brings them from a mile apart where they stood originally to pretty close together.
Fair enough, we can definitely agree to disagree on that!

Of the 22, Burks ahead of Pickens 16 - 6. They have converged considerably though. From rankings and podcasts, High on Burks - Jeff Ratcliffe ftnfantasy, Mike Clay ESPN. High on Pickens - Greg Cosell.

Great thread. Interesting to see some people rise (Pickens) based on stellar preseason play while some are falling due to not playing in preseason.

Love the thought of 2-7 being basically interchangeable.

I have a feeling when I'm up to bat, I'll have Olave, Pickens and JWilliams staring at me and I'll basically flip a coin (a 3-headed one).

Great thread. Interesting to see some people rise (Pickens) based on stellar preseason play while some are falling due to not playing in preseason.
yeah, interesting that very little of the content out there covers this precise topic.

The websites are way too slow updating these, so let's give it a try!

1. Hall - Not an ideal #1 and tempted to move down
2. J. Williams - ACL won't be an issue
3. Pickens - buying the hype
4. London - solid
5. Olave - solid
6. Walker - less than ideal situation, but love the skillset
7. D Pearce - looks poised to crush ADP
8. G. Wilson - love the talent, situation murky
9. Moore - might be the SOD
10. Dotson - less than ideal QB/offense
11. Doubs - give me the situation, Watson far from a known quantity
12. Burks - tempted to move him lower
Looking for more thoughts on Jameson Williams. As Pickens (and others) have garnered attention this preseason, I found myself viewing youtube highlights last night and thinking, for a draft supposedly low on talent, there sure are a lot of options to consider. As for Williams, what happened at Ohio State? 15 catches in two years? Was it simply being behind Olave and Wilson? He had to transfer to blow-up... Are you THAT high on Williams to take him, injury and all, and accept what could be a lost rookie season?

Not arguing the point... but I want to understand that strong conviction.

As far as Williams not playing much at Ohio St, I was watching a roundtable interview around draft time, where they were asking current and former college coaches that same question, and they all said the same thing. Once a job is won in college, the starter has to basically faceplant to lose it. Otherwise, it looks bad for your school, and can affect recruiting. I can't say I 100% understand that (you think you'd want the best guy playing at all times) but all 4 coaches acted like it was a no-brainer answer.

Edit - added info on superflex and TE premium.
1. Breece Hall

2. Drake London

3. Ken Walker
4. Garrett Wilson
5. Jameson Williams
6. Chris Olave (rising)

8. Skyy Moore
10. Jahan Dotson
11. James Cook
(Superflex - Kenny Pickett early in this tier)

12. Christian Watson
13. Rachaad White
14. Isaiah Spiller
15 Dameon Pierce (rising)
(TE premium - Trey McBride in this tier)

16. Alec Pierce
17. Jalen Tolbert
18. Trey McBride
19. Wan'dale Robinson
20. David Bell (falling)
21. Brian Robinson (rising)
(Superflex - Malik Willis and Desmond Ridder early in this tier)

22. Kenny Pickett
23. Zamir White
(TE premium - Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods around here)

24. Tyrion Davis-Price
25. Tyler Allgeier
Good list but I would rather have Shakir than anyone after Pierce. You may have to wait until 2024 to get full time production, but he will be worth the wait playing with Allen.

As far as Williams not playing much at Ohio St, I was watching a roundtable interview around draft time, where they were asking current and former college coaches that same question, and they all said the same thing. Once a job is won in college, the starter has to basically faceplant to lose it. Otherwise, it looks bad for your school, and can affect recruiting. I can't say I 100% understand that (you think you'd want the best guy playing at all times) but all 4 coaches acted like it was a no-brainer answer.
Ohio State has some sick WRs. In 2021, sophomore Jaxon Smith-Njigba's numbers dwarfed both Wilson & Olave. Now somebody by the name of Marvin Harrison Jr. is in the mix...

Rb
Breece A minus talent and A opportunity
Walker B plus talent, B minus opportunity
Pierce B talent, A minus opportunity
Allgeier B minus talent, B plus opportunity
Robinson B talent B minus opportunity
Cook B talent C opportunity
Zamir B minus talent B opportunity
Rachaad B plus talent C minus opportunity
Spiller B plus talent C opportunity

Wr
London
Jameson
Olave
Skyy
Dotson
Pickens
Wilson
Pierce
Burks
Doubs
Watson

I had walker as the clear and obvious 1.2 early on but with the opportunity deteriorating I am ok taking a receiver over him. London seems like the best combination of high floor and high ceiling. Hard to ignore the upside of Jameson if you're willing to wait. I feel like there's a small tier drop after skyy and a bigger one after Burks. Maybe put walker and pierce in that first tier drop and Allgeier Robinson cook between burks and doubs?

I am surprised by how high Skyy Moore is still being ranked by so many. I love his situation in KC, but he is still clearly behind 6 or 7 other receivers on my board.
For me it's not the mahomes factor (although that's a bonus) but the fact he's showing out in camp the way I expected.

He had great hands in school and that's what they said in camp. He ran great routes, also confirmed. He has good speed. There have been some long scoring plays. All great.

But his elite trait is his burst. He ran one of the better 10 yard splits all time at the combine and I wanted to see how well that translated to the NFL. Not only have we heard good things, but they started looking for ways to use him in the backfield like tyreek. That's everything I wanted to hear.

I don't blame anyone for preferring Garret Wilson or Burks but I haven't had that level of confirmation. Pickens has been getting all the hype but he still has his own concerns including a bad o line, run heavy offense and one of the worst qb rooms in the league. I go back and forth on Dotson, i like both a lot but mahomes is the tie breaker

He had great hands in school and that's what they said in camp. He ran great routes, also confirmed. He has good speed. There have been some long scoring plays. All great.
I have heard very little about Skyy Moore from camp and preseason. He would seem to be the team's 3rd receiver, at best, to begin the season. Moore has maintained his ranking on my board, but, imo, he has done nothing to leapfrog London, Pickens, Williams, Olave, Wilson, Burks or Dotson.

I have heard very little about Skyy Moore from camp and preseason. He would seem to be the team's 3rd receiver, at best, to begin the season. Moore has maintained his ranking on my board, but, imo, he has done nothing to leapfrog London, Pickens, Williams, Olave, Wilson, Burks or Dotson.
Yeah, you would think he would be in the #2 mix at least if he is "showing out" in camp. Not like Scanting, Hardman and the current version of Juju are world beaters.

Yeah, you would think he would be in the #2 mix at least if he is "showing out" in camp. Not like Scanting, Hardman and the current version of Juju are world beaters.
I agree. For now, it would appear that Moore is behind at least JuJu and MVS, but that could change quickly. I am drafting Moore at the end of Round 1 with the expectation that he will be one of the Chiefs' top two WRs this season, but with no expectation that he will approach Tyreek Hill's numbers. Mahomes is spreading the ball around, and I think we should prepare ourselves for that to continue into the regular season. Travis Kelce will likely lead the team in receiving, with several others vying for second.

Man, I really do not want to take Hall at the 1.01...this looks like a RB timeshare mess for at least a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread