What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yup... another rookie IDP question from me (1 Viewer)

merc

Footballguy
I am in one new dynasty league which starts 3 IDPs and we are in the process of having our initial draft of all our players including IDPs. Later, we will also have a College Draft and then will declare our final roster, before the end of training camp.I am also in another new dynasty league which is just forming, and some of the owners in this league are demanding that we have an initial draft, and then a seperate IDP draft, before we move to the college draft. This league is also starting just 3 IDPs.What is the rationale for wanting a seperate IDP draft? Why not then have seperate drafts for QBs, and RBs and well, you get the idea.It seems to me that drafting IDPs with the rest of the team offers more opportunities to vary our drafting strategies and makes the draft a more entertaining and challenging experience?So, please educate this IDP rookie... why would anyone want a seperate IDP draft?Thanks for the help.Take Care,merc

I am in one new dynasty league which starts 3 IDPs and we are in the process of having our initial draft of all our players including IDPs. Later, we will also have a College Draft and then will declare our final roster, before the end of training camp.

I am also in another new dynasty league which is just forming, and some of the owners in this league are demanding that we have an initial draft, and then a seperate IDP draft, before we move to the college draft. This league is also starting just 3 IDPs.

What is the rationale for wanting a seperate IDP draft? Why not then have seperate drafts for QBs, and RBs and well, you get the idea.

It seems to me that drafting IDPs with the rest of the team offers more opportunities to vary our drafting strategies and makes the draft a more entertaining and challenging experience?

So, please educate this IDP rookie... why would anyone want a seperate IDP draft?

Thanks for the help.

Take Care,

merc
I don't know why some leagues do this. Maybe their scoring isn't balanced enough for IDP's to be drafted with IOP's, and by that I mean IDP's score much less and would be drafted at the end anyway. I don't know? Hey merc, I'm a 22 year IDP vet and this is puzzeling to me as well. I'm sure someone will educate us.Dynasty League starting only 3 IDP's? Why so few?

So, please educate this IDP rookie... why would anyone want a seperate IDP draft?
Because they don't understand how to value IDP's against IOP's (individual offensive players) and that is easier for them, and perhaps for the league to get it's feet wet. Anyone confident in their understanding of IDP value should want the draft combined.You are correct about taking that separate draft for each position if you take to the extreme - I was in a league like that for a few years. It can sharpen your projection skills of tiers within the positions, since you don't compare QB to RB to WR, etc while drafting. I don't think it's as bad as a new dynasty draft having a vet draft and then a rookie draft. That skews things much worse than 2 separate drafts.If you guys are having a college draft after 2 vet drafts, I'd aim for the following:1. Not doing that - it's seriously skewed towards who gets the higher college picks.2. If you must, try to get high college pick/low vet pick.

I am in one new dynasty league which starts 3 IDPs and we are in the process of having our initial draft of all our players including IDPs. Later, we will also have a College Draft and then will declare our final roster, before the end of training camp.

I am also in another new dynasty league which is just forming, and some of the owners in this league are demanding that we have an initial draft, and then a seperate IDP draft, before we move to the college draft. This league is also starting just 3 IDPs.

What is the rationale for wanting a seperate IDP draft? Why not then have seperate drafts for QBs, and RBs and well, you get the idea.

It seems to me that drafting IDPs with the rest of the team offers more opportunities to vary our drafting strategies and makes the draft a more entertaining and challenging experience?

Thanks for the help.

Take Care,

merc
I don't know why some leagues do this. Maybe their scoring isn't balanced enough for IDP's to be drafted with IOP's, and by that I mean IDP's score much less and would be drafted at the end anyway. I don't know? Hey merc, I'm a 22 year IDP vet and this is puzzeling to me as well. I'm sure someone will educate us.Dynasty League starting only 3 IDP's? Why so few?
The New England Journal of Sports Medicine catalogs this as an illness. It is refered to as FOIDP. Fear of IDP. Roche pharmaceutical is developing a pill simular to the one for male enhancement to eliminate the gene that causes this illness. They say at some point team defense will only be read about in history books. There are studies that indicate a slow exposure to IDP,(2-3 player leagues) will eventually make any individual able to compete in full blow IDP leagues without the use of any drugs.

Thanks for the help.

Take Care,

merc
The New England Journal of Sports Medicine catalogs this as an illness. It is refered to as FOIDP. Fear of IDP. Roche pharmaceutical is developing a pill simular to the one for male enhancement to eliminate the gene that causes this illness. They say at some point team defense will only be read about in history books. There are studies that indicate a slow exposure to IDP,(2-3 player leagues) will eventually make any individual able to compete in full blow IDP leagues without the use of any drugs.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks guys for the humor and for the advice that leaked out from those posts too... :-)IMO, the cure for FOIDP is a couple of psych sessions on the couch here at this forum with you guys....With your new democratic IDP LB listing, and your continued assistance with seemingly every pick .. I feel invincible in the draft... especially when they include IDPs. ;-)Thanks again for all the help and advice.Take Care,merc

Yo... btw, Sideline Merc... I've been contacted as to whether or not I am you... and of course, I tell them that I am not and have been not you since I became merc in 1973..... but maybe you need to change your name in order to avoid these types of confusions??? :-)

Yo... btw, Sideline Merc... I've been contacted as to whether or not I am you... and of course, I tell them that I am not and have been not you since I became merc in 1973..... but maybe you need to change your name in order to avoid these types of confusions??? :-)
Yeah but I"ve been Sideline Merc here at FBG since 2003. I"m Sideline Mercenary in the warroom, huddle, FFCafe, and KFFL. My patent is pending.

Yeah but I"ve been Sideline Merc here at FBG since 2003. I"m Sideline Mercenary in the warroom, huddle, FFCafe, and KFFL. My patent is pending.
I know S.M. pretty well, and I thought you two were the same guy. :tfp:

Sounds like a bunch of wusses.
I think you nailed it, they're not good enough to figure out when to draft the IDP guys relatiive to the offense so they require a separate draft, lol

These dudes you're playing with sound like the type that show up for a pickup football game wearing flags.

Users who are viewing this thread